Fulham v Tottenham Hotspur sat March 16th 17:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

pls explain futbol genius
=
SPurs make very average teams like Brighton, Wolves (who just LOST to Coventry) , Fulham look like World Beaters
Dougie Payne Doctor GIF by Travis

Years ago I remember every one of our thrown ins used to end up back with the opposition but this is different, even for us. Don’t follow this bloke but it was retweeted onto my timeline and it reminded me how shit we used to be on throw ins.

View: https://x.com/nathanaclark/status/1769465303925129351?s=46&t=iEaWUqHxKoZgFwd7iE42Mg

Edit: sorry, just seen posted on the previous page. That Jon Mackenzie does good videos so probably worth watching this week.

Last edited:
Bullshit.

You can't just ignore the first 10 games of the season because it doesn't suit your narrative.

This game proves that we need to back Ange with quality wide forwards in the summer... not that we haven't made progress since last season.
Tbf he wanted BJ and approved kulu knowing how they play and how he wants to play. BJ played a fir a low block counter and kulu sane under conte and has no pace.

The attitude problems have been around for years and maybe it's time we start looking at how the players are being managed/coached behind the scenes and the level of protection they feel they have from ABOVE the manager.

I didn't like it when they all got a two week break while everyone else was warm weather training, sends the wrong message imo, it told them they could "relax" in the middle of a season when in reality they needed to be more focused than ever.

Managers like Pep and Klopp are intense, their expectations are sky high and it bleeds into the players, that's what makes them special, they don't believe in time off and breaks because they are ruthless wankers who want nothing more than to win at any cost and the performances their teams give consistently replicate that.

Ange wants to win, that much is clear but it takes more than just saying you want to win and repeating it ad nauseam, all managers want to win but you have to be fucking ruthless and show that poor attitude and not putting 100% in will have consequences.

Yesterday he allowed that clown show to continue after that woeful first half and what kind of a message does that send?

If he wants success he has to let these lazy players know that anything less than 100% will not be tolerated and show that with his actions, that's how to build success at a club.
I think it basically all comes down to what Conte was saying.

The same owners 25 years, they've won fuck all, they don't strive to win anything. They are just happy to make money.

And I think that trickles down to the players. And we've seen it before if the manager tries to instill something different they just down tools until the chairman obliges and sacks the manager, Usually when the fans have had enough.

And then we start this whole loop again and the usual suspects tell us its all about a "project" and a "having a plan"

It's perfect for Levy because whenever the next project begins he has a couple of seasons grace.

The one positive I did see, was the way Ange was talking about fourth not being the goal for him, he wants more. That was music to my ears.

But ultimatley it will come down to whether Levy breaks the habit of a lifetime and supports him in the summer, and the warchest needs to be £100m plus to actually challenge for the top honours, and that needs to be spent wisely on a couple of top drawer players to take us to the next level. Not on loans and cheap "prospects"

You either play Johnson on the right or not at all

I don’t know what you do with Kulu but atm he’s not worth his place
Other than his 3 assists / pre-assists v. Villa?

if we just have pace merchants in Son, Werner and Johnson out wide, doesn’t that make us predictable? I like Kulu for his brain, his hard work in the press and his skills. He needs to become a little more varied in his plays, we know he can go outside and put in a decent cross but he always cuts inside and defenders know this. He’s got to make them more uncertain what he will do. The boy has skills.

I think it basically all comes down to what Conte was saying.

The same owners 25 years, they've won fuck all, they don't strive to win anything. They are just happy to make money.

And I think that trickles down to the players. And we've seen it before if the manager tries to instill something different they just down tools until the chairman obliges and sacks the manager, Usually when the fans have had enough.

And then we start this whole loop again and the usual suspects tell us its all about a "project" and a "having a plan"

It's perfect for Levy because whenever the next project begins he has a couple of seasons grace.

The one positive I did see, was the way Ange was talking about fourth not being the goal for him, he wants more. That was music to my ears.

But ultimatley it will come down to whether Levy breaks the habit of a lifetime and supports him in the summer, and the warchest needs to be £100m plus to actually challenge for the top honours, and that needs to be spent wisely on a couple of top drawer players to take us to the next level. Not on loans and cheap "prospects"

‘Spent Wisely’

Nailed it!

nailed it cat GIF

Other than his 3 assists / pre-assists v. Villa?

if we just have pace merchants in Son, Werner and Johnson out wide, doesn’t that make us predictable? I like Kulu for his brain, his hard work in the press and his skills. He needs to become a little more varied in his plays, we know he can go outside and put in a decent cross but he always cuts inside and defenders know this. He’s got to make them more uncertain what he will do. The boy has skills.

The boy has a right foot but rarely uses it other than to to stand on!

He’s slow and predictable

Good left foot though and maybe can be utilised elsewhere than on the wing imv

Back
Top Bottom