Fulham v Tottenham Hotspur sat March 16th 17:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

That's why we need to get new owners with the right mentality.

hallelujah-acegif-8-fingers-up-hallelujah-nun.gif

Watching it back, Fulham simply played better. I don't think it's because there's something going on with Ange or anything like that, just that in our 1 v 1s we were bested. Human beings being human beings. And we had several clear chances that we fluffed and that's on the attackers. No-one could push us on. Vic was trying but to no avail. He literally let out a sustained roar of fury at one point. Son wasn't an effective captain yesterday. All too Hugo imo. Worst of all - and just not acceptable at this level - we gave up.

We do need some more quality options on the wings. I don't mind Werner as a squad option, but we need to invest in a top quality winger for the first team. And I'm not convinced by Bissouma as a starter. If he can't perform to the high standard expected on a regular basis then we need to bring in someone who can.

What I do think is that we're more than a season away from challenging and that is really going to test the patience of some of us. Fans have had years of this sort of thing from Spurs going back longer than ENIC and after ticket price rises and boasts about being such an effectively run club, we're expecting to see results. The Ange honeymoon is definitely over and if they want to keep us onside, they need to serve up something better than that gruel we got yesterday. Win or lose, giving it a proper go like we have done will buy them goodwill while we continue to build; letting our heads go down and giving up like yesterday means a return to misery.

Watching it back, Fulham simply played better. I don't think it's because there's something going on with Ange or anything like that, just that in our 1 v 1s we were bested. Human beings being human beings. And we had several clear chances that we fluffed and that's on the attackers. No-one could push us on. Vic was trying but to no avail. He literally let out a sustained roar of fury at one point. Son wasn't an effective captain yesterday. All too Hugo imo. Worst of all - and just not acceptable at this level - we gave up.

We do need some more quality options on the wings. I don't mind Werner as a squad option, but we need to invest in a top quality winger for the first team. And I'm not convinced by Bissouma as a starter. If he can't perform to the high standard expected on a regular basis then we need to bring in someone who can.

What I do think is that we're more than a season away from challenging and that is really going to test the patience of some of us. Fans have had years of this sort of thing from Spurs going back longer than ENIC and after ticket price rises and boasts about being such an effectively run club, we're expecting to see results. The Ange honeymoon is definitely over and if they want to keep us onside, they need to serve up something better than that gruel we got yesterday. Win or lose, giving it a proper go like we have done will buy them goodwill while we continue to build; letting our heads go down and giving up like yesterday means a return to misery.

It was the lack of desire and effort that got me yesterday

Fulham were well up for it and we weren’t so yes Ange’s honeymoon is definitely over as that shitshow yesterday was unacceptable

The summer and a right winger who can run faster than crawling speed can’t come fast enough. Will level us up.
Wdf have we spent best part £100M on two wingers who are not of the standard required. Were better options out there but we are now stuck with these two. Yes they may have some decent moments and goals but they don’t help with general team play at all.

I didn’t expect yesterday’s performance. I can’t explain it. What happened to cause that?! Makes me wonder if there is something going on at the club behind the scenes which has unsettled everyone all of a sudden? Ange approached by Liverpool perhaps? I don’t know what else can result in such an out of place performance of such shite as that all of a sudden.

I think something more realistic like complacency y was likely the issue.

Comfortably beating Villa and then finding out in the week that 5th place is probably going to be enough for CL football.

Which is bad. But Ange will weed out those players who are weak mentally and not up to it. I still think players are simply sitting a test this season. And in the summer we'll see who's passed.

I think something more realistic like complacency y was likely the issue.

Comfortably beating Villa and then finding out in the week that 5th place is probably going to be enough for CL football.

Which is bad. But Ange will weed out those players who are weak mentally and not up to it. I still think players are simply sitting a test this season. And in the summer we'll see who's passed.

No guarantees that we’ll get 5 th either!

It was the lack of desire and effort that got me yesterday

Fulham were well up for it and we weren’t so yes Ange’s honeymoon is definitely over as that shitshow yesterday was unacceptable
It was really odd. It's like I could tell from the whole demeanour of the team right from the off that there was only gonna be one outcome. It was reminiscent of the final days of the Pochettino regime.

It was really odd. It's like I could tell from the whole demeanour of the team right from the off that there was only gonna be one outcome. It was reminiscent of the final days of the Pochettino regime.
It happens to every manager mate, there is an initial upturn in fortune and effort, then it all goes to shit again and the manager gets goonered.

And that was depressingly bad tbh

You’re seriously comparing yesterday to that? I get we’re all upset about the performance, but let’s get some perspective.

We were bad yesterday, but come on now 😂

We probably will but the dismissal of the idea that we won’t is oddly confident. We’ve got to play Woolwich and City and go to Newcastle, Liverpool and West Ham away. We do not do well at these grounds.

We’ll probably manage it because United are shite, but we could easily drop points in most of those games without it being a surprise to anybody.

Back
Top Bottom