Fulham v Tottenham Hotspur sat March 16th 17:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Far too casual in front of goal. We had a few chances in the first half that we should have scored.

If the other team are going to sit back and defend in their own box - fine. Get the ball in there and play for a penalty.

We seem obsessed with getting the balls out to our wide players, but we dont put anyone in the box for them to aim at

Yesterday was really frustrating with the amount of sloppy passes and lost duels.
However actually thought we were a lot better than we played against Wolves a few weeks ago. Even though we weren’t good yesterday we could easily have scored a few and it wasn’t like Fulham squandered a load of chances.

On a side note, definitely think Robinson could be a good Udogie backup/competition.

Getting beat by Fulham is not great , but they are not a bad team . However getting schooled by Fulham is not and should never be an acceptable metric for any Spurs fan.
I remain happy with Ange and what he is doing , but we remain some way off being a title challenging team, make that a very long way off .

Last edited:
pls explain futbol genius
=
SPurs make very average teams like Brighton, Wolves (who just LOST to Coventry) , Fulham look like World Beaters
And in those 3 game you mention we played some of the worst football I can remember in recent times. Shocking, losing football.

Give me winning football over so called 'AngeBall" all day long, mate

Rotten performance.
Considering our lack of European football and no domestic trophy participation all season, and with only the league to focus on, I'd rate it as the most pathetic performance since the Newcastle shambles last season.

Limp, weak, soft, and seemingly lacking any desire or motivation whatsoever

I’m sure the players got carried away with the 4-0 last week, combined with their usual feeble mentality when the going gets tough in the top 4 race. Ange said after the game that we got too carried away in possession and he’s right, the spaces we left were insane. We always leave a certain amount of space as we play high and try to dominate the ball (City, Liverpool and Woolwich do too) but this was far worse than normal. This wasn’t the normal balls hoofed into the channels but literally Fulham carving us open with easy ground passes under no pressure.

Every time we lost the ball Fulham could walk straight into our penalty box, Maddison and Sarr just went running up front and we lost all compactness as a team. Even when we had time to reset there was no hustle and no willingness to close down. Second goal is a perfect example. From a throw in Fulham took one touch, turned inside and the entire pitch was wide open. They walk past Udogie and a half-arsed Bissouma and they score.

There was simply no desire to stop Fulham playing, absolutely zero. Our players didn’t show them any respect and were deservedly humbled.

I think we are a better team with Holjberg instead of Bissouma.

Biss contributes nothing. No big recovery tackles. No clever passes by passing their midfield. Not able to beat his man and open up space.

All he does is play a 1-2 with our center backs.

Considering our lack of European football and no domestic trophy participation all season, and with only the league to focus on, I'd rate it as the most pathetic performance since the Newcastle shambles last season.

Limp, weak, soft, and seemingly lacking any desire or motivation whatsoever
Poor from the players and management, but not surprising though because we have come to expect performances like this.
Is it no wonder that, other clubs laugh at us, we pretend to be a big club, but cannot act like one.
I have even woke up this morning, to find a gif from a villa fan mocking us, we beat them last week, and this week the real Tottenham are back.
They all know that, spurs will fuck up, so just wait their time, which in this case a week later.
Villa will probably beat West ham today, but when we play them they will beat us.

No excuses for that performance but I think It’s pretty obvious that still being in all the cups and the midweek football with this small squad is starting to take its toll! :levyeyes:

Getting beat by Fulham is not great , but they are not a bad team . However getting schooled by Fulham is not and should never be an acceptable metric for any Spurs fan.
I remain happy with Ange and what he is doing , but we remain some way off being a title challenging team, make that a very long way off .
Exactly defeats happen but we were outclassed yesterday and that is not acceptable- not sure what has happened to ange ball but Fulham were the exciting team to watch- not sure if ange still tries to make his dad proud but villa aside we have been a pretty lame watch recently

Back
Top Bottom