Fulham @ Home - 23/10, 8pm KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Game Day GIF by HC Oceláři Třinec

Last night I dreamt that as there were about a dozen spaces on the team bus to the stadium they decided to let members of the public use them as public transport (typical Levy eh?) I got on the bus, but a couple of young boys were sprawled over several seats so I had to stand. Ange came up and just gave them the 'Mate?' look and they all moved pretty sharpish.
All the talk from the players was that Madders was going to propose to his girlfriend after the match, so I predict a big game from him.
(This is what happens when I'm deprived of spurs these days.)

I'm feeling quite confident for a win which I don't like because it generally means it's a potential banana peel game. Hoping my vibes are wrong :confused:

The Premier League don't set the schedule the TV companies do.

The not so clever cunts decided sticking Man Utd vs Sheffield Utd on at 8pm on Saturday when the rugby WC semi-final was on would be a good idea. Must’ve been record low viewing figures tuning in, I bet even a few Man Utd / Sheffield Utd were watching the rugby.

If your going to the game tonight, expect a fuck ton of security. Our Jewish history will make us a target for headline grabbers looking to bring Palestinian flags into the stadium to stage a protest for the TV cameras.

Just noticed.

Why are the cunts at the Premier League having us playing Monday and Friday?

Are they trying to derail the Ange train?
Lovely idea, but given the reality it's more likely a crude attempt to trip us up.

I expect it to backfire.
Especially when there was only 1 game today.

Makes zero sense.

Chill, mates.

It is positive for us for number of reasons.

1) Cuti played midweek game in South-America last week and got this ankle issue. SPECIALLY given the Bissouma ban, his presence and ability will be of massive importance to us. So compared to Sat kickoff, for example Liverpool game start, it gives like 56 extra hours. That is a lot.
2) Other one doubtful is Johnson who could return for us, again - more the time, more the chance he can start (sorry, not sorry Richie, but given our options he should start).
3) Friday game is with not that short of an interval. It gives lads 4x24 hours to recover and both games are within London (!) so I mean... it is not like there is massive trip to take before it.
4) Given Bissouma situation and Johnson injury situation, I expect 2 changes in starting XI anyway - Bissouma starting on Fri and Johnson starting either today OR Friday which also mitigates the shorter than usual resting period.
5) It will give us massive chance to open up a gap at the top of the league if we do well. We can fully focus on us for pretty much the whole week and then for the weekend just sit back and see others fight it out.
6) And again - we have lot of time between Palace and Chelscum game, allowing us to prepare properly for the battle!!

My birthday today, I've just moved out of the beautiful flat I shared with my girlfriend (potentially ex) in a city I don't know that well (Valencia) with really zero mates (been here for only a few months) and have to fork out a shed load on airbnbs...

I'm not even that miffed...

Spurs are playing tonight

:tobyarm::ange-clap:

My birthday today, I've just moved out of the beautiful flat I shared with my girlfriend (potentially ex) in a city I don't know that well (Valencia) with really zero mates (been here for only a few months) and have to fork out a shed load on airbnbs...

I'm not even that miffed...

Spurs are playing tonight

:tobyarm::ange-clap:

Happy Birthday mate......

Here's to new chapters! 🍻

Chill, mates.

It is positive for us for number of reasons.

1) Cuti played midweek game in South-America last week and got this ankle issue. SPECIALLY given the Bissouma ban, his presence and ability will be of massive importance to us. So compared to Sat kickoff, for example Liverpool game start, it gives like 56 extra hours. That is a lot.
2) Other one doubtful is Johnson who could return for us, again - more the time, more the chance he can start (sorry, not sorry Richie, but given our options he should start).
3) Friday game is with not that short of an interval. It gives lads 4x24 hours to recover and both games are within London (!) so I mean... it is not like there is massive trip to take before it.
4) Given Bissouma situation and Johnson injury situation, I expect 2 changes in starting XI anyway - Bissouma starting on Fri and Johnson starting either today OR Friday which also mitigates the shorter than usual resting period.
5) It will give us massive chance to open up a gap at the top of the league if we do well. We can fully focus on us for pretty much the whole week and then for the weekend just sit back and see others fight it out.
6) And again - we have lot of time between Palace and Chelscum game, allowing us to prepare properly for the battle!!
Love this. Agree with every word.

That Spurs bit of me that thinks 'Yeah but if we lose then...' is even almost completely faded away.

COME ON YOU MOTHER-FUCKING SPURS!!

No game in 16 days and then all of a sudden we have 2 games in 5 days before not having another game for another 10 days.

Stupid fixture list.

The not so clever cunts decided sticking Man Utd vs Sheffield Utd on at 8pm on Saturday when the rugby WC semi-final was on would be a good idea. Must’ve been record low viewing figures tuning in, I bet even a few Man Utd / Sheffield Utd were watching the rugby.

It's cause Utd play Copenhagen tomorrow

Back
Top Bottom