Fulham @ Home - 23/10, 8pm KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

My birthday today, I've just moved out of the beautiful flat I shared with my girlfriend (potentially ex) in a city I don't know that well (Valencia) with really zero mates (been here for only a few months) and have to fork out a shed load on airbnbs...

I'm not even that miffed...

Spurs are playing tonight

:tobyarm::ange-clap:
Happy birthday!

Similar thing happened to me once. Had a moment, though where I realised I was more ‘free’ than I’d been in years. Can be daunting, but you can cast the clay in a new mould. Take your time. Have fun.

So... 4am KO over here. No work tmrw. Should I:

1) Keep myself busy all night and stay awake for the game? Or...
2) Go to bed early and perhaps wake up for the game (I've gone right back to bed at times)? Or...
3) Sleep through, stay away from the internet all day, and then watch the replay in the evening (and miss out on all the fun of the matchday thread)?

There is an obvious answer here, no?

If it is during night and you have a day off, then just sleep well, get good rest. Wake up without checking your phone right away.
Brew yourself a strong coffee, fry your eggs and bacon, put the re-watch of the game to big screen and start your day with excitement of Spurs game ?!? I know that's the way I would go about in this situation.

Or is there issue with re-play with shorter delay time for you (meaning you can't rewatch it with so short delay) ?

Hope Brennan starts right away instead of Richy.

But it's nice having options on the bench.
Gil who can dribble
GLC with the creativity
Johnson with the pace
and Veliz with the power up top

all players we need to see more of as well..

My birthday today, I've just moved out of the beautiful flat I shared with my girlfriend (potentially ex) in a city I don't know that well (Valencia) with really zero mates (been here for only a few months) and have to fork out a shed load on airbnbs...

Happy Birthday Party GIF

Love this. Agree with every word.

That Spurs bit of me that thinks 'Yeah but if we lose then...' is even almost completely faded away.

COME ON YOU MOTHER-FUCKING SPURS!!
Not quite there yet, still crossing fingers, toes and eyes when thinking about a probable result.
But I am really looking forward to games now, rather than dreading them.
So I'll stick with my pre-match superstitions and hope for the best.

Seth Meyers Please GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

Knock On Wood Fingers Crossed GIF by giphystudios2021

Good Vibes GIF by Ryn Dean

There is an obvious answer here, no?

If it is during night and you have a day off, then just sleep well, get good rest. Wake up without checking your phone right away.
Brew yourself a strong coffee, fry your eggs and bacon, put the re-watch of the game to big screen and start your day with excitement of Spurs game ?!? I know that's the way I would go about in this situation.

Or is there issue with re-play with shorter delay time for you (meaning you can't rewatch it with so short delay) ?
I suppose this would be the responsible, adult thing to do 😁

Hope Brennan starts right away instead of Richy.

But it's nice having options on the bench.
Gil who can dribble
GLC with the creativity
Johnson with the pace
and Veliz with the power up top

all players we need to see more of as well..

Otherwise fully agreed.
But you can leave GLC off the list. He offers absolutely nothing at all.
Useless player that cannot pass, dribble, shoot. We have seen enough of nothing from him, better integrate Donley into first team.

Tete, Diop and Tosin out for Fulham tonight apparently. Bassey and Castagne expected to start. Bassey is a talented lad, but can be sloppy. You'd expect good concentration from him tonight getting a chance in the first xi though. Tete is a loss for them, very aggressive, competent player. We have lots of options to target Castagne and Bassey on that right side, hoping Gil gets a run second half, think lots of people will change their minds on him. Could be a very nifty squad player for us. Palhinha is an outstanding physical presence in midfield, but this is home game we should be winning. Think we get it done 2-0.

Also, would be nice to get a penalty tonight and learn who our taker will be. Quietly hoping for it to be Porro.

Mine too , You have a good one fella.
🎂🍻

Back
Top Bottom