Fraser Forster

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

There’s quite a lot missing to be honest including the Brighton fumble where he dropped the ball into his own net and snapped his wrist.
I was right behind the goal. Was an incredible f up.

Still love him though, highlight was leverkusen away where he rolled across the line. From my angle I thought it had gone in

He was used very sparingly for us in the league

That's a weird statement.

We're talking about a back-up keeper. They don't get played in the league unless #1 is not available.

and it felt like we were almost throwing the games by continually using him in cup tournaments especially when we got further into the competition . Poch’s loyalty to him may have seemed commendable but he should have looked at the bigger picture and using a rusty keeper in games as important as a cup semi final when we hadn’t won anything for so long was foolhardy and it ultimately cost us as he should have stopped the winning goal

It's a fairly standard selection process for 2nd keepers.

We weren't throwing games..... That's silly talk.

Now would you have preferred Poch to play Hugo 100% whenever available due to our trophy drout? You may indeed, but that's another discussion.

That's a weird statement.

We're talking about a back-up keeper. They don't get played in the league unless #1 is not available.

It's a fairly standard selection process for 2nd keepers.

We weren't throwing games..... That's silly talk.

Now would you have preferred Poch to play Hugo 100% whenever available due to our trophy drout? You may indeed, but that's another discussion.
I didn’t say we were throwing games- I said it felt like we were which is a subtle difference. The point I was trying to make about not being used much in the league was that he would clearly be rusty and should not have been picked to play in a Semi Final when your main keeper was available for which Poch was to blame.
He also made terrible errors in the Norwich FA cup game of 19/20 and the Leicester FA cup a few years earlier. He had a real lack of presence and was out of his depth

Last edited:
There’s quite a lot missing to be honest including the Brighton fumble where he dropped the ball into his own net and snapped his wrist.

He's been here more than a decade ... no shit he has a very lengthy gaffes video.

I don't know why people bother posting those kind of videos other than for a laugh. They don't prove anything. If you don't rate Lloris that's fine, it's an opinion. But you can make a youtube video prove whatever the hell you want to.

Every keeper who has ever existed since the age of youtube has these compilations. Keepers are in a role where mistakes get highlighted more than anywhere else. When you face thousands of shots on your goal in a career, sometimes you're going to fuck up.

He's been here more than a decade ... no shit he has a very lengthy gaffes video.

I don't know why people bother posting those kind of videos other than for a laugh. They don't prove anything. If you don't rate Lloris that's fine, it's an opinion. But you can make a youtube video prove whatever the hell you want to.

Every keeper who has ever existed since the age of youtube has these compilations. Keepers are in a role where mistakes get highlighted more than anywhere else. When you face thousands of shots on your goal in a career, sometimes you're going to fuck up.

I don’t disagree but his fuck ups have got worse and it’s time to go

I didn’t say we were throwing games- I said it felt like we were which is a subtle difference.

Subtle diff; but not sure what else one is meant to take from such a comment......

He was out of his depth

He wasn't..... He was a damn good #1 at Swansea (when they were a half decent EPL team).... It was a coup at the time to get him to agree to our #2 shirt and he was a more than competent in that role for the most part. As per the initial premise of the convo; if one is expecting main man consistence from a #2 and zero errors, then one needs to think again.

Basic stats.... Make of them what you will:

48 apps / 17 clean sheets....... Much of which may well have had a depleted or B-team in front of him.
13 EPL apps / 4 clean sheets

I don’t disagree but his fuck ups have got worse and it’s time to go

I think it's probably time, yes. But I do also think there's a lack of respect going on for how great he's been for the best part of a decade. We've had, in my view, one of the better Premier League keepers during that period. It's not a position we worried about for years.

Let him go, give him a testimonial, and for me he's a legend of the club. Like every other player he's reached a point of decline but there's no need to lean so strongly in to recency bias & pretend he hasn't been mostly great for us.

I think it's probably time, yes. But I do also think there's a lack of respect going on for how great he's been for the best part of a decade. We've had, in my view, one of the better Premier League keepers during that period. It's not a position we worried about for years.

Let him go, give him a testimonial, and for me he's a legend of the club. Like every other player he's reached a point of decline but there's no need to lean so strongly in to recency bias & pretend he hasn't been mostly great for us.
I agree. Best keeper since Clemence but as you saying declining

Subtle diff; but not sure what else one is meant to take from such a comment......

He wasn't..... He was a damn good #1 at Swansea (when they were a half decent EPL team).... It was a coup at the time to get him to agree to our #2 shirt and he was a more than competent in that role for the most part. As per the initial premise of the convo; if one is expecting main man consistence from a #2 and zero errors, then one needs to think again.

Basic stats.... Make of them what you will:

48 apps / 17 clean sheets....... Much of which may well have had a depleted or B-team in front of him.
13 EPL apps / 4 clean sheets
I don’t care what he achieved at Swansea. I can remember he was poor for us and that’s all that matters. There are plenty of examples where people have looked great for other teams and then come to us and been poor. He was one of them.

Regardless; it's fair testament to cite a decent EPL tenure when being accused of being out of his depth.

He wasn't.

Backup keepers have simultaneously the easiest/cosiest job and also the hardest when they actually get relied on. Consistency is huge for that role & suddenly being thrown in (and it always seems to happen during big games!!!) under huge pressure must be a fucking nightmare.

Seen lots of backup keepers look like clowns in these cameos then move elsewhere, get regular game-time and look stable/decent. Keeper is a really, really hard position to gauge quality in when you're looking at a small sample size.

Regardless; it's fair testament to cite a decent EPL tenure when being accused of being out of his depth.

He wasn't.
That’s your opinion and let’s face it whenever you have an opinion on something you are never going to change it so I won’t waste my time.

Hugo is still a top keeper... I'm thinking of the display against England and others...at 37? Iis it time to think replacement... Me I would have got ramsdale.. but there we go...still think Hugo can see the season out and at a push maybe even the next... ..as 4 a replacement , I'm old school i'de like a keeper to be prem tried and tested... Perhaps Henderson... But I'm sure our scouting network has a wider shortlist.. as for our no 2... At his age not starting and playing games regularly will show big style...100% sure It'll get better with game time

Great post.

And ANYBODY who disagrees is a sub human, gooner maggot cunt. End of story, goodbye, the end.

Back
Top Bottom