Forum problem

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I use the browser (Android) but often find I get a lot of errors with it - quite often the stylesheet goes mental and makes the site unviewable, other times I get some sort of DDOS warning in a loop.

Only happens on phone occasionally

Wonder if it's because the site is secure now? I changed it last week to use a secure connection (https). You should have a padlock or something in the browser.

The images that aren't working will probably be from external sites though. I imagine things like the header background are working? That's because they're hosted on this site and so they're secure. Your browsers might not like loading images from non-secure sites on a secure site.

Can you see the image below?

doppler_priceWhite_videGW-still._UX1500_SX1500_CB520958760_.jpg

That's an image from Amazon (which is a secure website)

Wonder if it's because the site is secure now? I changed it last week to use a secure connection (https). You should have a padlock or something in the browser.

The images that aren't working will probably be from external sites though. I imagine things like the header background are working? That's because they're hosted on this site and so they're secure. Your browsers might not like loading images from non-secure sites on a secure site.

Can you see the image below?

doppler_priceWhite_videGW-still._UX1500_SX1500_CB520958760_.jpg

That's an image from Amazon (which is a secure website)
I can see that. I can't see images posted by SouthStand Billy SouthStand Billy or SchmoodSpur2013 SchmoodSpur2013

It'll be the secure thing then. It's nothing to do with the users. It's not loading images in your browser that come from non-secure websites. Not sure there is a lot I can do about that.
Cheers for clearing that up, seemed odd why some was loading and others wasn't.
Smilies the same?

Cheers for clearing that up, seemed odd why some was loading and others wasn't.
Smilies the same?
Smilies are hosted here so they should work.

EDIT: Ah, I might need to update something to fix those. Hang on.

Aaaaarrgh!!!!!!!!!!!! The forum is suddenly showing two different adverts complete with sound every time I switch a page. Even if I was interested in whatever they are trying to sell, you can't hear it anyway.

Aaaaarrgh!!!!!!!!!!!! The forum is suddenly showing two different adverts complete with sound every time I switch a page. Even if I was interested in whatever they are trying to sell, you can't hear it anyway.
Let me know what the ads are for and I'll try and block them

Weird. Anyone else with an iPhone got this?
It's now working or back to what it was, just checked and I can now carry out these functions.

FWIW - The fonts were all different as well as some of the forum icons, I thought you had upgraded the site. (This was only on my iPhone however, I use an apple as my computer with safari browser and there was no issue.

Back
Top Bottom