For what would you sell Gareth Bale?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

At what point would you ok a sale of Gareth Bale to Real Madrid?

• Total voters
I would only sell Bale if we got Ronaldo in return, plus £40m.

I'm serious. That's how key I think the player is at the moment.

Last edited:
To me, his value far exceeds any amount of cash Madeid would pay for him. I'd hold him to his contract for the next three years then let him walk for free if he wants. Keeping him could be worth £200m in prize money, shirt sales and image fees so why sell him for less then he's worth to us?

This, this, a THOUSAND TIMES THIS!

Seriously - what's better? Selling him before he peaks to Madrid, where he will play for a few years and develop into a star, or having a BONA FIDE LEGEND who is associated with Spurs forever and who helps us for the next few years in the bargain?

The only reason I think Levy is even countenancing the sale is because of the astronomical figures involved - but even he must see that holding out for at least another year is sensible. Depending on the progress made in that year (and the relative performances of teams around us), we could legitimately hold onto Bale for the remainder of his contract.

I know I'm dreaming but if we won the title in the season his contract expired...and he re-signed...

Ahem.

I will not do this to myself.:nare:

I wouldn't sell him this season , I can't see Bale getting a berba-sulk or Modric-cob on once the season has started. If he did then I'd sent Aberdeen Yid to smash the fuck out of him or eat him.

I'm interested in knowing basically what the break points are among us.
As many have pointed out on this forum, Bale is worth a ton to us beyond winning matches… a value that a team like Madrid might not understand/respect. OTOH, he's also (at this moment) the hottest thing since sliced bread, so Madrid needs to get him in order for them to stay relevant and subsequently earn money off of his hype.

For me, if I were Levy, I'd give a straight up, fuck you price of £200m. That's in the realm of Messi's release, and Bale is younger and w/o any Barcelona taint, making him a more valuable asset to Pérez.

I know this is a dumb question, but it's dreary and rainy here, and I need some excitement until the Soldado announcement.
Ehz8f2M.jpg
For me, if I were Levy, I'd give a straight up, fuck you price of £200m.
Really made me lol, I'd do the same just for the nerve of that baldy Frenchman and his goons at Marca. Really though I think I would probably settle for around £75-90 million and Di Maria or Coentrao or tell them where to stick it. So much for that 'special relationship' between us and them. It's like they tell us we're so special and then we catch them trying to pump our brother in own bed. The nerve! :parker:

Madrid would never be thinking of paying this massive fee for Bale unless they could prove they would at least triple their investment through merchandising and other deals. Banks would not lend them the money. So why cant we do this and take that next step, the time is now, don't dream just do it!!

I'd also like clarification regarding the rumors that Madrid haven't yet paid a significant part of Modric's transfer.
Where is this coming from?

Was asked above, but not responded to.

Could it be, for example, someone just twisting their words around, i.e. parts were to be paid in installments and those installments haven't come due yet?

https://www.google.fr/search?q=madrid owe modric transfer&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=fr&client=safari

Should be links to both the mirror and evening standard there. Who knows if they're lying.
See, I read that a different way.

Which is: not that Madrid still owe us Modric's transfer fee, but that they owe us for sanctioning his transfer to Madrid.

i.e. "We've got this fancy sounding club partnership, and let Modric go against our wishes last summer. You 'owe us one,' so back off of Bale you jerks."

Back
Top Bottom