For what would you sell Gareth Bale?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

At what point would you ok a sale of Gareth Bale to Real Madrid?

• Total voters
I'm interested in knowing basically what the break points are among us.
As many have pointed out on this forum, Bale is worth a ton to us beyond winning matches… a value that a team like Madrid might not understand/respect. OTOH, he's also (at this moment) the hottest thing since sliced bread, so Madrid needs to get him in order for them to stay relevant and subsequently earn money off of his hype.

For me, if I were Levy, I'd give a straight up, fuck you price of £200m. That's in the realm of Messi's release, and Bale is younger and w/o any Barcelona taint, making him a more valuable asset to Pérez.

I know this is a dumb question, but it's dreary and rainy here, and I need some excitement until the Soldado announcement.
Ehz8f2M.jpg

Last edited:
ROFL, the bbc gossip is basically just Bale shite. I'm literally sick of these papers engineering another big move from us. The funniest was 'Saurez to Spurs if Bale sold".

Also the talk of trying to get Modric back in a deal, yeah thats what I want. A judas rat faced bellend back with his tail between his legs.

The amount of pricks asking me "So is he off then?". God I hate the summer.

Wouldn't even negotiate until they have paid off their already sizeable debt with us, and even then I would demand the majority paid up front.

I wouldn't, selling is a false economy as far as I can tell.

I would also add that given everything else levy has done offset against the realities of 'modern football' maybe that's the point - It's not what the fans could accept, but what the club would accept.

I heard that Valencia had changed their stance on tv rights in Spain meaning that they are against the huge inequality of payments in that league. I heard it was something like 90+% of TV revenue was split between Barca and Madrid and the other 18 had to settle with what was left. Hopefully if this is changed Real won't be able to afford Bale.

To me, his value far exceeds any amount of cash Madeid would pay for him. I'd hold him to his contract for the next three years then let him walk for free if he wants. Keeping him could be worth £200m in prize money, shirt sales and image fees so why sell him for less then he's worth to us?

I heard that Valencia had changed their stance on tv rights in Spain meaning that they are against the huge inequality of payments in that league. I heard it was something like 90+% of TV revenue was split between Barca and Madrid and the other 18 had to settle with what was left. Hopefully if this is changed Real won't be able to afford Bale.
It's not exactly right to describe it in that way. It's not like there's a pie of TV money and Barça and Madrid help themselves to the biggest slices. Rather, Madrid and Barça negotiate their own deals (I don't know if this is true for la Liga as a whole).

It's not exactly right to describe it in that way. It's not like there's a pie of TV money and Barça and Madrid help themselves to the biggest slices. Rather, Madrid and Barça negotiate their own deals (I don't know if this is true for la Liga as a whole).
Fine in a way that is true, Barca and Madrid are cunts, no one else has the money to compete = La Liga collapse hopefully

Back
Top Bottom