For what would you sell Gareth Bale?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

At what point would you ok a sale of Gareth Bale to Real Madrid?

• Total voters
ROFL, the bbc gossip is basically just Bale shite. I'm literally sick of these papers engineering another big move from us. The funniest was 'Saurez to Spurs if Bale sold".

Also the talk of trying to get Modric back in a deal, yeah thats what I want. A judas rat faced bellend back with his tail between his legs.

The amount of pricks asking me "So is he off then?". God I hate the summer.

Wouldn't even negotiate until they have paid off their already sizeable debt with us, and even then I would demand the majority paid up front.

I wouldn't sell him this season , I can't see Bale getting a berba-sulk or Modric-cob on once the season has started. If he did then I'd sent Aberdeen Yid to smash the fuck out of him or eat him.

I understand when people say we would be mental to turn down £85mil but I bet almost every United fan would rather they had kept Ronaldo that got the money they did.

I'm interested in knowing basically what the break points are among us.
As many have pointed out on this forum, Bale is worth a ton to us beyond winning matches… a value that a team like Madrid might not understand/respect. OTOH, he's also (at this moment) the hottest thing since sliced bread, so Madrid needs to get him in order for them to stay relevant and subsequently earn money off of his hype.

For me, if I were Levy, I'd give a straight up, fuck you price of £200m. That's in the realm of Messi's release, and Bale is younger and w/o any Barcelona taint, making him a more valuable asset to Pérez.

I know this is a dumb question, but it's dreary and rainy here, and I need some excitement until the Soldado announcement.
Ehz8f2M.jpg

Last edited:
To me, his value far exceeds any amount of cash Madeid would pay for him. I'd hold him to his contract for the next three years then let him walk for free if he wants. Keeping him could be worth £200m in prize money, shirt sales and image fees so why sell him for less then he's worth to us?

Madrid would never be thinking of paying this massive fee for Bale unless they could prove they would at least triple their investment through merchandising and other deals. Banks would not lend them the money. So why cant we do this and take that next step, the time is now, don't dream just do it!!

I think that if Bale does go, it'll be for significantly less than the £86-100 million figure being thrown around in the media. I remember that immediately preceding the Modric transfer, the media predicted a transfer fee of between £40-45 million. He ended up going for £33 million.

That being said, Bale is worth much, much more than £80 million to the club. He features prominently in all international marketing for the club. His personal twitter account has 1.06 million followers - almost twice that of Tottenham's official account. His shirt sales probably dwarf all other members of the club. It is rumored that Paulinho also joined Spurs in order to play with Bale.

I think that the club at this point should take action against Barnett. He's already been banned for 12 months in the past by the FA.

As brilliant as Gareth has been for us, 86 mil or anything near that would do wonders for us in terms of improving the overall quality of our team. Remember all those matches when we were struggling for any fluency in our passing/build up, and hoping for Gareth to step up and do something magical all on his own. Well that can't carry on if we want to keep moving up. Sure it would be great to keep him and upgrade the rest of the squad too, but that's not realistic for us. Whether we like it or not, we are a selling club at the moment. We have to sell our best player to generate the funds to improve the weakest areas of the team.

And if there is any truth to the Morata thing, and if that deal actually happens, then we would be getting a very fine prospect for the future, as well as backup for our current strike force.
And there in lies the crux of the issue, that's a ton of money and a young talent; however, it would appear we have brought in a good deal of talent to compliment bale. We have brought in holtby, siggy, paulinho, chadli, & hopefully soldado, which seems to imply intent. Keeping bale means a very good side with a transcendent player who can, if required, make that moment of magic. As this will be the first season where the epl is available for free thanks to NBC in the us, bale's value should not be underestimated. He's like able and ridiculously good and young, and that sells. Simply put, I think keeping him is the best course of action.

Purely as a fan - I'd love for us to keep him to end of his contract and win the league.

And for him to then re-sign with us. And we win it again. And the Champions League. And the FA Cup (beating Woolwich in the final 25-0, Bale scoring a mere 11 goals - and yes, Lloris gets one). AND the League Cup (beating Chelsea in the final 22-0 - Bale gets 8, Lloris gets 2).

This may be why I don't run my own business.

Back
Top Bottom