For all of you, Poch needs time

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Ahhhhhh suddenly its different.

A gooner chairman would be ok....but not a manager? Or a player going there for professional reasons?
Noooooo nows it not ok for Campbell to want to win the PL with the scum, but a gooner chairman would love to win it at Spurs and thats fine

No one is saying anything about a gooner are they?

No one is saying anything about a gooner are they?

I did, and you responded.

People claiming it makes no difference if the chairman supports the club he runs, to if he supports their bitter rivals. I guess none of you would batter an eyelid if Levy went to The scum then?
Just a professional move right, and feelings and heart mean fuck all, because business is business?

Ok then

I did, and you responded.

People claiming it makes no difference if the chairman supports the club he runs, to if he supports their bitter rivals. I guess none of you would batter an eyelid if Levy went to The scum then?
Just a professional move right, and feelings and heart mean fuck all, because business is business?

Ok then

You've completely changed the context of the argument tho it's quite ridiculous.

Your opinion: Fine
My opinion: Looking for an argument

Sorry I misread, what I mean is, it feels like you are getting defensive about Levy instead of looking at things objectively and trying to argue for the sake of arguing.

I am not saying you're wrong by the way, you could be right, it just feels like the way you are responding is hostile, maybe I am reading too much into it.

I am just giving my opinion on Levy, rightly or wrongly.

You've completely changed the context of the argument tho it's quite ridiculous.

No, simply you dont like the context.

You said a gooner chairman would love to win the PL here. And that would be ok as business is business. Hed be mad not to if he had vested interest.

So you wouldnt mind Levy going there, as being a fan means fuck all.
And why should it be any different for Sol Campbell if you feel that way?

I agree with most of it. And I've never said anywhere that Poch wouldn't have done a splendid job for us. He has raised us to new heights and he has developed some players significantly. I am happy that he was chosen to be our manager back then.

But you say "I find it amazing that anyone would want him gone, utterly amazing. Sure he makes the odd mistake but here we have a coach who has totally transformed out fortunes" -
We have won 30% of our last 25 games. Is that a "odd mistake" or is it an absolute catastrophe for club with our ambition?

Also during this whole time we have won absolutely nothing. Whenever we get near something, you can see that we are not ready to win it. Teams who are inferior to us when we play them in the league often just stamp us into the ground, it might be Chelsea, it might be ManU- doesn't matter. When big matches come, we fold like a house of cards. Players like Kane are getting frustrated, and quite honestly I can understand him. I don't think we would win a trophy even if Poch would be here 6 more years. He cannot make players believe it, he cannot prepare them mentally and he can't pick the right options/tactics - he just uses his "old regular" setup and hopes for the best.

You rightfully point out "in top 3 for 3 years" in your post, but don't mention that last year was not among those years. And we even qualified to CL from mercy of our fierce rivals. His showings in league have been strong, but the current season is now 3rd one in a row when we are regressing. Yes. 3rd season in a row. You sound like you would be steering a car forward while only looking into rear-view mirror. You talk about the past, 100% ignoring current situation. Situation where our manager takes a huge s**t onto our own team, going public and saying that "the current Spurs team is not his best" - how is that supposed to help anything? And you make it sound like he would be here for a long run, while the guy himself basically said that he will leave as soon as he wins something. I kind of tend to go by the words of him rather than yours.

You make some great points here mate.

No, simply you dont like the context.

You said a gooner chairman would love to win the PL here. And that would ok as business is business. Hed be mad not to if he had vested interest.

So you wouldnt mind Levy going there, as being a fan means fuck all.
And why should it be any different for Sol Campbell if you feel that way?

Quite a lot of twisting and assumption going on there Sammy!

I don't think it would be ok for Levy to go to Woolwich I think loyalty is important in something as tribal as football, I guess most do as Campbell is very much the exception and not the rule of course there is some nuance in each individual case. Note these people have all actively played a role in the success of Tottenham or Woolwich so there is quite a big difference to somebody like say Bergkamp who grew up a massive Spurs fan.

If somebody invested as much money , time, drive, effort and risk as it would take to become Tottenham chairman and win the PL whether or not they supported spurs originally or not they sure as fuck would by the time they'd done all of that.

I am of the opinion that Poch should be given until Christmas to make things right, if things aren't right by then we need to move on imo.

When we do move on however, I think it's imperative we bring in someone with experience winning trophies and someone who has done it in recent times (the last 5-8 years) and I also think Levy needs to bring in a DOF to handle transfers as well and we need better scouts.

Quite a lot of twisting and assumption going on there Sammy!

I don't think it would be ok for Levy to go to Woolwich I think loyalty is important in something as tribal as football, I guess most do as Campbell is very much the exception and not the rule of course there is some nuance in each individual case. Note these people have all actively played a role in the success of Tottenham or Woolwich so there is quite a big difference to somebody like say Bergkamp who grew up a massive Spurs fan.

If somebody invested as much money , time, drive, effort and risk as it would take to become Tottenham chairman and win the PL whether or not they supported spurs originally or not they sure as fuck would by the time they'd done all of that.

Yeah so as I said, now its different because its suits you

Thick cunt alert,thick cunt alert.....incoming fuckwit....run for cover. Puppetry of the highest order. Knee jerk overreaction again this club doesn't deserve to have absolute cunts like you...fuck now and support someone else. You're not wanted here...jog on prick
Wow.

Now who's multi are you? 🤔

One of the angry intellectually challenged ones for sure.

It doesn't suit or not suit me , what you are trying to do is amalgamate the conclusions of several different scenarios to make one super point!

If only life were so simple

No what Im doing is saying that if you wouldnt mind the chairman going to Woolwich to better himself, then you have no right to slate Campbell for doing the same.

Could be more consistent

Wow.

Now who's multi are you? 🤔

One of the angry intellectually challenged ones for sure.
OUCH!!! Such witty barbs they cut me like a rapier!! Although there's a strong correlation between intelligence and logic it would appear you're sadly and pathetically devoid of both.....and excuse my ignorance but what the fuck is a multi.

Back
Top Bottom