For all of you, Poch needs time

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He needs time because rebuilding takes time. And the process has already been delayed. Last summer when we didn't get in anyone. We have players who said loud and clear that they want out. Our first team still relies on those players after 2 seasons, can you believe it? We can't and won't replace them in a single transfer window. We have just replaced Dembele with someone who still needs time to adjust to a much more demanding league. Add in the fact that three of our summer signings are out (two injured, another loaned back to a club that doesn't even use him anymore) and there's the result. We're still using the last season's players. The same players that got us in the UCL final yes, but the same players who had an atrocious run of results at the end of the season. I don't know how people expect different results when the players are the same.

Poch needs time. One season, two seasons, we have to stick with him. He needs our support, the fans' support. I don't think another manager can perform significantly better with the crop of players we have now, because the players are not in it with their heart, they are not playing for the badge anymore. You can't recommit a player to a club if his head has been turned.
So we are rebuilding then, got it!

I just got confused by us playing two 30 year old Centre half’s out of contract, a left back who we couldn’t sell, rotating two right backs who barely got a kick last season behind the worst right back in world football apparently, a midfielder we couldn’t give away now is our go to sub, and lamela seems to be the main linch pin in our attack ahead of last seasons go to hero Lucas, #go team rebuild!!

After a lot of thinking since the result, I think it's best if we give Poch until Christmas to fix things, if things are the same and nothing has changed then I think we should start looking for a new manager as much as that pains me to say it.

Nobody is irreplaceable and I think that we have a talented enough group to be getting back on track by Xmas, if Poch isn't capable of that then I truly believe the players aren't playing for him because we certainly have the ability and talent in this squad to be winning matches like the Leicester game.

Maybe it's just a case of seeing the same boss for so many years, hanging off his every word and nothing coming to fruition, players have maybe lost faith in him and his tactical decisions and the way he has handled certain situations etc.

I don't know, there are a lot of variables, I don't think it's all one thing, Levy even has his share of the blame for the two windows prior to this imo.

But the reality is, regardless of all of the circumstances, this team is better than what we are currently seeing and it's Pochs job to fix it, if he can't then we have to find someone who can.

After a lot of thinking since the result, I think it's best if we give Poch until Christmas to fix things, if things are the same and nothing has changed then I think we should start looking for a new manager as much as that pains me to say it.

Nobody is irreplaceable and I think that we have a talented enough group to be getting back on track by Xmas, if Poch isn't capable of that then I truly believe the players aren't playing for him because we certainly have the ability and talent in this squad to be winning matches like the Leicester game.

Maybe it's just a case of seeing the same boss for so many years, hanging off his every word and nothing coming to fruition, players have maybe lost faith in him and his tactical decisions and the way he has handled certain situations etc.

I don't know, there are a lot of variables, I don't think it's all one thing, Levy even has his share of the blame for the two windows prior to this imo.

But the reality is, regardless of all of the circumstances, this team is better than what we are currently seeing and it's Pochs job to fix it, if he can't then we have to find someone who can.
I'd also like to give him until Christmas. Gives him half a season and the group stage of the CL to prove a point.

If we absolutely tank in the league we might have to see some action taken before Christmas, but ideally he'd get until then. Maybe a bit before hand so a replacement could get the shot at any January signings needed.

Not shocking at all but let's paint the real picture here, Poch and Levy are both here for the Benjamin's.

Yet Levy is a lifelong supporter of the club, which is why its one of the most financially stable and valuable in the world than can truly call itself self sufficient.

Some fans dream of some dodgy Russian or Shiek to come in a pay Eriksen 600k a week.

Thats their problem

You talk like we're in a relegation battle.

And again I want someone to tell me who they would replace him with.
I am not talking like we are in a relegation battle at all. Poch himself admitted that had we won the CL he would have considered leaving...why ? It's because he would have felt his 'project' had been completed and he needed a fresh challenge.
We constantly seem to forget that as much as many of us want him to stay it will be ultimately his decision whether he does or not. What happens, for example, if Man Utd make him a mega bucks offer and he leaves ?
Then it would be all hands to the pump finding a replacement. I am simply pointing out that no matter how much supporters want him it all boils down to does he want us as well.
One more thing, I am sick and tired of the situation where someone suggests it may be time for him to go and is then forced to name a replacement....again, why ?
I said before that if my car breaks down I know I have a problem but I am not suitably qualified to know what that problem is or how to fix it. I leave that to the experts.
I have to trust that Levy and the board would choose someone they feel would take the club forward. They are undoubtedly the people best positioned to make that choice.

When all is said and done one day Poch will leave. I believe it will be by his own volition and no one else's. When that happens someone else will need to fill his shoes, a daunting prospect I admit, but it will be done.
Those are facts, everything else is just pure speculation.

The club might stay healthy but it also means we are risk averse and with that aversion to risk comes little reward.

I am not saying we should do a Man United but we also need to learn when to strike in the market, personally I think we need a DOF, Levy works better with one.

It's about striking a balance between keeping the club healthy but also showing ambition to win things which I don't think Levy handles very well personally.

Didn’t Levy build a squad that just got the CL final?
He also hired a manager that people are falling over themselves saying how we couldn’t get anyone better.

He bought “the best AM in Europe” for 14M

Sorry but if Poch has been a revelation then so has the man that gave him the tools to improve us. But when it comes to Levy, the 450M and 27 players given to Poch was fuck all, because he sold well and balanced the books.

People seem to think he’d be a better chairman if we made losses on players sold instead of profits. It’s a completely idiotic outlook.

64M on Ndombele, but it doesn’t count because we got 40M for Dembele, Trippier and Janssen.
What the living fuck

Thick cunt alert,thick cunt alert.....incoming fuckwit....run for cover. Puppetry of the highest order. Knee jerk overreaction again this club doesn't deserve to have absolute cunts like you...fuck now and support someone else. You're not wanted here...jog on prick
Wow.

Now who's multi are you? 🤔

One of the angry intellectually challenged ones for sure.

OUCH!!! Such witty barbs they cut me like a rapier!! Although there's a strong correlation between intelligence and logic it would appear you're sadly and pathetically devoid of both.....and excuse my ignorance but what the fuck is a multi.
Why are you so angry? Your post history is just a tirade of anger and insults.

Clearly lack the intelligence to clearly put across your point without abuse. You also seem to like capital letters.

Must be inset day today...🙄

You use emojis.....people in glass houses etc. Actually you couldn't have read all my posts and if you had you come to realise most of my posts are a reaction if some what angry to idiots and melters like yourself we're probably in the most successful period in recent history and whilst I admit things dont look good at the moment things are definitely not as bad as some people( yourself included) make it out to be. Maybe we've plateaued a bit but we have a great squad with great individuals. We will find our form again then all the melters and trolls will sink back to there swamps. It's the negativity that gets my back up hence the reason for my vitriol. There is that erudite enough for you....or would you prefer.......TWAT!!
Angry...
tenor.gif

You are right but let's be honest we were playing like one of those relagation threatened sides who do well in the cup from February onwards when the rot set in, we were riding our luck well before then as well when we were going life and death every week with some quite appalling teams and nicking it late.

I want Poch and Levy to continue a little longer but let's be honest we are not far off of a mini crisis and reaching a CL final can only gloss over the other results for so long.
The other results got us 4th in the league, I don't deny there are problems but he is definitely the best man to fix them, not Eddie Howe or Graham potter. I don't know how long you've been a supporter mate but I've seen some god awful performances from us down the years, really, really embarrassing some of it.
This is nothing.

Just thinking what I would do if I was Poch and basing only on the information we know about concerning contracts, injuries and so on......

Drop the diamond formation

Never play Sanchez at right back

Install Aurier at right back unless injured or suspended

Same for rose at left back with sessegon getting fit

Dier to be put in at cdm

Ndombele to be benched and reintroduced

Dele benched

Eriksen removed from the match day squad

Moura and son to play regularary

Parrott to get minutes as a replacement for kane

Wanyama removed from the match day squad

Change to Eddie Howe though? yeah pointless discussion because we won't be anywhere near the champo.
It's always a risk that top players leave anytime we dont get top 4 but it's partly their fault if we aren't top 4. So they need to stay and fight and we can still pick up good players if we're not in the CL.

I havent said I specifically want Eddie Howe, but its good to know that if he comes you´ll be one of the ones slagging him off from day one

:adethumbup:

I havent said I specifically want Eddie Howe, but its good to know that if he comes you´ll be one of the ones slagging him off from day one

:adethumbup:
No more '5 year plans' or 'long term projects' please. I'm getting older and my 'best before date' has long expired. Can we have someone more like Dick Turpin........."Stand and Deliver !!"

so why does everyone think that sacking the best manager we have had in years is the solution to a player problem?

Because he is not the same.
And we are not the same.

Poch up to middle of 2017/18 was our best manager. Now we don't play the same and are only taking step after step after step backwards. I don't like the trend, others don't like the trend. Sorry, but you seem to live in the glory-times that have passed. Out of our last 25 games we have won less then a third. We are currently not a top team anymore. I am just afraid that if this continues, everything will collapse.

I cannot share this article enough.
Some people here pretend like we are talking only about this season, while this is simply not true. If we wait until Christmas, we have been extremely patient because by then we have endured 2 years of poor football and declining form, that was masked by one (admittedly super-awesome) cup run.

I totally wish he could turn things around again and make us play attractive, high tempo, successful football again. I do! But I do not believe into this anymore. Poch does not seem to take steps to right direction. I don't understand that while in prior to this summer we had one DCM totally cooked (Wanyama) and other had lost his form (Dier), but he did not identify this as a problem. Right now we play without support to our defense and we leak absurd amount of shots on goal against every opposition
Villa - 4
Man City- 7
Newcastle - 3
Woolwich - 8
Palace - 8
Olympiacos - 5
Leicester - 7
We have managed ONE clean sheet in this season, and conceded 10 goals in 7 games. Previous clean sheet we kept was against Brighton on 23.04. Since then we have played 13 games. Yes - 13 games and 1 clean sheet. We are absolutely all over the place and this is not good enough.

Then replace with Howe? I don't see that as a guarantee he would improve us, I think it's a massive gamble in fact.
Why do keep saying Howe as if he’s the only manager?

Why are you trying to create a false campaign where I have claimed that I want Howe just because I said he’s achieved something real in the game that Poch couldn’t?

Is this how the internet works these days?

And actually I’d trust Howe to get us back more than I would Poch seeing as he’s actually won the Champo and has three promotions behind him....sooooo......

To take your shit argument to its logical conclusive point of view, should we follow Poch if he takes us into League One the next season then?

This is Tottenham fucking Hotspur my friend, not Southampton, not Espanyol, not anyone.
If we’re anywhere near the Champo, any manager needs to be chopped, whether it’s Howe, Simeone, SAF or Mauricio motherfucking Pochettino.

Try and remember that, and get your priorities straight. I support this club.
If the manager becomes detrimental to its success, he can do one. End of.

seriously fella, you need to stop

he's dragging you down to his level - and the guy has more experience at rolling people in the gutter than any other poster

just walk away and get yourself a coffee and something good to eat.
It's a good natured discussion so far even though we have very different views.

Back
Top Bottom