For all of you, Poch needs time

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

OUCH!!! Such witty barbs they cut me like a rapier!! Although there's a strong correlation between intelligence and logic it would appear you're sadly and pathetically devoid of both.....and excuse my ignorance but what the fuck is a multi.
Why are you so angry? Your post history is just a tirade of anger and insults.

Clearly lack the intelligence to clearly put across your point without abuse. You also seem to like capital letters.

Must be inset day today...🙄

I am of the opinion that Poch should be given until Christmas to make things right, if things aren't right by then we need to move on imo.

When we do move on however, I think it's imperative we bring in someone with experience winning trophies and someone who has done it in recent times (the last 5-8 years) and I also think Levy needs to bring in a DOF to handle transfers as well and we need better scouts.
What does that mean?

Levy isn't interested in winning trophies he just wants top 4.

Nope, you said I said that.

Yet you´ve agreed with posts that have said him being a Spurs fan doesnt matter....like this one

The lie that our fans tell themselves is that him being a fan means that his goal is for us to win trophies at any cost and that's his goal for us as a priority.

That simply isn't the case, the job comes before the passion with Levy, it always has and always will, he wants us to be a sustainable and profitable business and whilst that's good news for us in the business sense long term, as a modern club it means we will always fall short on the pitch because sustainability and profit margins will always be more important than a risk in the market that could make or break us.

Yet you´ve agreed with posts that have said him being a Spurs fan doesnt matter....like this one

What the guy actually said is Levy runs the club like an investor rather than a fan I agree.

If you have translated that as I couldn't give a fuck if a Tottenham chairman is on Instagram posting videos of Woolwich goal celebrations in his Woolwich shirt with fucking Auboomerang on the back that's your problem.

Why are you so angry? Your post history is just a tirade of anger and insults.

Clearly lack the intelligence to clearly put across your point without abuse. You also seem to like capital letters.

Must be inset day today...🙄
You use emojis.....people in glass houses etc. Actually you couldn't have read all my posts and if you had you come to realise most of my posts are a reaction if some what angry to idiots and melters like yourself we're probably in the most successful period in recent history and whilst I admit things dont look good at the moment things are definitely not as bad as some people( yourself included) make it out to be. Maybe we've plateaued a bit but we have a great squad with great individuals. We will find our form again then all the melters and trolls will sink back to there swamps. It's the negativity that gets my back up hence the reason for my vitriol. There is that erudite enough for you....or would you prefer.......TWAT!!

We have a good run of games coming up now. Tomorrow is a chance for fringe to impress. Then we have Southampton, Brighton and Watford in the league, with Bayern at home in between.

We should be winning all the league and carabao cup games, with the Bayern game a little more tricky to predict. Let’s see where we are after these games before panicking.

What does that mean?

Levy isn't interested in winning trophies he just wants top 4.

It means not having a record like our current one over the last 25 games, which is quite frankly, unacceptable.

We haven't won an away game since January mate and this is our form since February...

P25 W8 D5 L12

Nowhere near good enough and managers have been sacked for less, however Poch has built up enough good will to earn the opportunity to fix things imo.

If our current form continues we will be mid-table by Christmas so I think that would speak for itself really.

You use emojis.....people in glass houses etc. Actually you couldn't have read all my posts and if you had you come to realise most of my posts are a reaction if some what angry to idiots and melters like yourself we're probably in the most successful period in recent history and whilst I admit things dont look good at the moment things are definitely not as bad as some people( yourself included) make it out to be. Maybe we've plateaued a bit but we have a great squad with great individuals. We will find our form again then all the melters and trolls will sink back to there swamps. It's the negativity that gets my back up hence the reason for my vitriol. There is that erudite enough for you....or would you prefer.......TWAT!!
Take those bits out and you make valid points and express your opinion well. Just because somebody doesn't share your views doesn't mean they are 'negative' or an idiot/troll or melter. You believe we will find our form again whilst others think a change of management is required. There is nothing wrong to disagree with another member's posts but your reasoning for doing so can be expressed with eloquence and clarity rather than unnecessary personal insults. When you start doing that you immediately lose your audience. :thumbup:

Take those bits out and you make valid points and express your opinion well. Just because somebody doesn't share your views doesn't mean they are 'negative' or an idiot/troll or melter. You believe we will find our form again whilst others think a change of management is required. There is nothing wrong to disagree with another member's posts but your reasoning for doing so can be expressed with eloquence and clarity rather than unnecessary personal insults. When you start doing that you immediately lose your audience. :thumbup:
Thanks Dad..I'm sorry

It means not having a record like our current one over the last 25 games, which is quite frankly, unacceptable.

We haven't won an away game since January mate and this is our form since February...

P25 W8 D5 L12

Nowhere near good enough and managers have been sacked for less, however Poch has built up enough good will to earn the opportunity to fix things imo.

If our current form continues we will be mid-table by Christmas so I think that would speak for itself really.
Sorry to all those who have heard this a trillion times before. But last season ended with us being 4th and losing champions league finalists, this season is only 6 games in.

What the guy actually said is Levy runs the club like an investor rather than a fan I agree.

If you have translated that as I couldn't give a fuck if a Tottenham chairman is on Instagram posting videos of Woolwich goal celebrations in his Woolwich shirt with fucking Auboomerang on the back that's your problem.

You have both disagreed that Levy supporting Spurs has any positive bearing on the club....to the point of saying a gooner chairman would be equally delighted to win the PL with us.

Now all of a sudden, it matters

He needs time because rebuilding takes time. And the process has already been delayed. Last summer when we didn't get in anyone. We have players who said loud and clear that they want out. Our first team still relies on those players after 2 seasons, can you believe it? We can't and won't replace them in a single transfer window. We have just replaced Dembele with someone who still needs time to adjust to a much more demanding league. Add in the fact that three of our summer signings are out (two injured, another loaned back to a club that doesn't even use him anymore) and there's the result. We're still using the last season's players. The same players that got us in the UCL final yes, but the same players who had an atrocious run of results at the end of the season. I don't know how people expect different results when the players are the same.

Poch needs time. One season, two seasons, we have to stick with him. He needs our support, the fans' support. I don't think another manager can perform significantly better with the crop of players we have now, because the players are not in it with their heart, they are not playing for the badge anymore. You can't recommit a player to a club if his head has been turned.

I think you've hit the mark. Reaching a CL final represents a great deal of mental energy above all. The teams have particular balances and now you need to regain tranquility. Pochettino has proven to be a great coach: now he has to agree with the company if he wants to grow the team or if he considers his cycle finished.

Sorry to all those who have heard this a trillion times before. But last season ended with us being 4th and losing champions league finalists, this season is only 6 games in.

And this is exactly why Poch will be given time and he will remain on the shortlists of other major clubs. He is not solely to blame for what we are seeing unravel.

And I still see him jumping ship before anything else.

Just as the thread title suggests “he needs time.....” for other managers to get sacked so he can get some interesting job offers.

You are right but let's be honest we were playing like one of those relagation threatened sides who do well in the cup from February onwards when the rot set in, we were riding our luck well before then as well when we were going life and death every week with some quite appalling teams and nicking it late.

I want Poch and Levy to continue a little longer but let's be honest we are not far off of a mini crisis and reaching a CL final can only gloss over the other results for so long.

Angry...
tenor.gif

Hence why I said, he deserves more time, for now.

We barely scraped top 4 last season and whilst the champions league run was fantastic, it doesn't mean anything if you don't win it, it's a knockout cup competition, not an indication of progress like some are making it out to be.

Ramos won a trophy and still got sacked because our league form was abysmal, you can't rely on a knockout competition to tell you about the overall state of performance of a team.

The league form is a true indication of improvement and that has fallen off a cliff, if he recovers from that by Christmas then fair enough, we can call it a blip in his tenure, if he doesn't then how can we call it a blip?

How long before poor form becomes the norm?

Just to play Devil's advocate here. Whenever someone suggests a change of manager there is an immediate response of "Who would you have instead ?". So let's move things around a bit.
Let us imagine a scenario where Spurs had won the CL last season and Poch made a startling announcement (as he suggested he might have done) that his job/task was complete and resigned. Who should Levy have approached to fill the vacancy :thumbdown: Fair question....

You are right but let's be honest we were playing like one of those relagation threatened sides who do well in the cup from February onwards when the rot set in, we were riding our luck well before then as well when we were going life and death every week with some quite appalling teams and nicking it late.

I want Poch and Levy to continue a little longer but let's be honest we are not far off of a mini crisis and reaching a CL final can only gloss over the other results for so long.
The other results got us 4th in the league, I don't deny there are problems but he is definitely the best man to fix them, not Eddie Howe or Graham potter. I don't know how long you've been a supporter mate but I've seen some god awful performances from us down the years, really, really embarrassing some of it.
This is nothing.

Just to play Devil's advocate here. Whenever someone suggests a change of manager there is an immediate response of "Who would you have instead ?". So let's move things around a bit.
Let us imagine a scenario where Spurs had won the CL last season and Poch made a startling announcement (as he suggested he might have done) that his job/task was complete and resigned. Who should Levy have approached to fill the vacancy :thumbdown: Fair question....

Simone.

Back
Top Bottom