Financial results

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

"The progress of the construction programme and the delivery timetable for the new stadium and associated public sector infrastructure works – both of which are paramount before any decision will be made on the decommissioning of White Hart Lane – are being closely monitored."

“We continue to focus on ensuring that the future of the Club is protected at all times and therefore, whilst everyone is eager to know if this is our last season at the Lane, we shall only make the decision to decommission our historic White Hart Lane when we have greater certainty on the delivery of the new stadium."

How long are they gonna be able to hold out before making this decision though?

"The progress of the construction programme and the delivery timetable for the new stadium and associated public sector infrastructure works – both of which are paramount before any decision will be made on the decommissioning of White Hart Lane – are being closely monitored."

“We continue to focus on ensuring that the future of the Club is protected at all times and therefore, whilst everyone is eager to know if this is our last season at the Lane, we shall only make the decision to decommission our historic White Hart Lane when we have greater certainty on the delivery of the new stadium."

How long are they gonna be able to hold out before making this decision though?

Isn't d-day tomorrow? I thought it was by the 30th March. Perhaps they've been able to delay the decision? Wise as they will have a clearer idea on the development the longer it goes on.

Reading the full statement from the club looks like they are laying the foundations of remaining at The Lane for another year, especially as we are at the stage where we should be confirming. Not bothered with that, as the most important thing is to only be away from The Lane for a year, couldn't handle being stuck at Wembley for 2 years.

Reading the full statement from the club looks like they are laying the foundations of remaining at The Lane for another year, especially as we are at the stage where we should be confirming. Not bothered with that, as the most important thing is to only be away from The Lane for a year, couldn't handle being stuck at Wembley for 2 years.
That is not possible, imv - halting the new stadium construction for a year would cost us millions

I read somewhere that we'd asked to delay the deadline by which we have to notify the FA, I think the original deadline was this friday.

That is not possible, imv - halting the new stadium construction for a year would cost us millions
It will not be halted, it will continue to be built around the stadium, as far as it can possibly be done without a roof I guess. Will it cost us money? Yes, the same money we loose for having a 36k Capacity Stadium, we loose tens of millions of lost revenue every year. We also loose a potential £20m?? on a full Wembley (this is a guess because no one has an idea how it will be priced). But I believe he has already said that we will only ever move out of Tottenham for no more than a year.

Last edited:
It will not be halted, it will continue to be built around the stadium, as far as it can possibly be done without a roof I guess. Will it cost us money? Yes, the same money we loose for having a 36k Capacity Stadium, we loose tens of millions of lost revenue every year. We also loose a potential £20m?? on a full Wembley (this is a guess because no one has an idea how it will be priced. But I believe he has already said that we will only ever move out of Tottenham for no more than a year.
We will reach full 'capacity' as far as we can build around the existing stadium by August latest. Loss of future revenue by opening the new stadium a season later would be more than paying one year rent at Wembley, imv - plus gates will be higher than reduced capacity WHL. Plus there would be escalation and standing cost on the current construction - I cannot imagine someone like Levy would piss that away

Certainly makes my failure to procure an Woolwich ticket less of a blow. Silver linings and all that!

We will reach full 'capacity' as far as we can build around the existing stadium by August latest. Loss of future revenue by opening the new stadium a season later would be more than paying one year rent at Wembley, imv - plus gates will be higher than reduced capacity WHL. Plus there would be escalation and standing cost on the current construction - I cannot imagine someone like Levy would piss that away
If he does then he goes up in my estimations. Playing at Wembley bring huge challenges to how we view football in a non-Atmospheric ground and combined with the challenge on how we adapt on field we could also slip out of top 6 whilst we are there, to do that 2 seasons on the trott would damage everything that we have built in the past few years (especially under Poch). Drop out of top 6 for a season we can still blame the venue and keep our players, do that two seasons in a row and we will lose half the squad.

If he does then he goes up in my estimations. Playing at Wembley bring huge challenges to how we view football in a non-Atmospheric ground and combined with the challenge on how we adapt on field we could also slip out of top 6 whilst we are there, to do that 2 seasons on the trott would damage everything that we have built in the past few years (especially under Poch). Drop out of top 6 for a season we can still blame the venue and keep our players, do that two seasons in a row and we will lose half the squad.
Where do you suggest we go then?

Btw - this is primarily a business decision more so than a football one

Back
Top Bottom