Financial results

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

No - I thought you suggested we do one more season at WHL while we halt construction for a season and then move to Wembley and carry on building a year later

No - I thought you suggested we do one more season at WHL while we halt construction for a season and then move to Wembley and carry on building a year later
That is what will happen if we don't move to Wembley this year. (Although construction will no doubt continue to a point where it can't continue e.g. Roof, Pitch and of course South Stand).

The bit that worries me is the "associated public sector infrastructure works". While THFC will be pushing hard on this, the delivery timeline for the WHL station upgrade is ultimately out of our hands.

I think it's pretty obvious that it (or other elements involved) isn't or we wouldn't be keeping the option open of deferring the PC date of the stadium build.
I don't think it's obvious at all. Plus Levy could well be playing hard-ball to get us a better deal with Wembley

This is from few days back - 70% of the super-structure is in place - next comes the roof and side cladding - all light-weight steel and aluminum elements which are assembled on site - no long curing times for concrete, excavations, etc. - and this is 60% of the total stadium footprint - done in 12 months - We still have 17 months till the 2018/19 season

C7msh-UWkAAC2HS.jpg:large

C7msh3zX0AAyF0T.jpg:large

If the New Stadium build isn't advanced enough to allow us to be finished for the start of 18/19 season then the options are:

1) Play another season at White Hart Lane
2) Rent Wembley for two seasons

The risk will be being measured not only in terms of likelihood of occurring but the significance of a delay should it occur. The idea of playing two seasons at Wembley is pretty bad in my view. I think one season will bear a heavy price as it is (in terms of football results). The better option is to play at WHL for another season if there are any significant doubts over being ready on time. One of the big issues is not the stadium build but the public transport links not being ready and we have less control over that.

It terms of our football development as a team I hope we play at WHL next year. I think next year we would win the league, but not if we are at Wembley. This season we are undefeated at home. Stay at WHL and we'll do that again. But at Wembley we would definitely drop points - it's effectively a neutral ground. We get more Spurs fans in there than the away lot but the away teams raise their game as it is a cup final for them at a historic stadium.

Better to win the league at WHL next season and then go to Wembley for a year when slipping up a bit doesn't matter so much.

as with most things Levy does there appears (from the outside) to be a reason. I wonder if the stadium being delayed another 12months scuppers local council plans, targets or something along those lines... Maybe external investment on other projects is linked to our delivery date? If delaying the decision forces their hand then so be it. Hasn't the secretary of state piped up in the past to move things along? Maybe Levy is after an assurance something is going our way before committing?

Perhaps i'm clutching at straws

Back
Top Bottom