Financial Fair Play

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

UEFA cover PSG & M. City
gazzetta.jpg

Interesting, your papers are making headlines of FFP while ours are focusing on the superleague rumour.
Yes you are right. English newspapers have chosen a different line (super league) than Italian and Spanish (PSG's Financial Fair Play and Manchester City). Perhaps the British do not want to attack the emir.

I would bet money that it won’t happen. Sadly. They’ll buy their way out of trouble again, like they always do.
I wouldn't bet against it. We all KNEW that ridiculous amounts were paid in "sponsorship" by client companies, now it looks like they've found the evidence.

I think they could well get a ban because there are more important and more influential clubs in EUFA that they need to keep onside. City play pretty stuff, but they're hardly Euro Royalty.

Furthermore, if they do find the evidence and ban them, where does that leave the PL? Financial doping on that scale would mean massive fines at least.

Hasn't their owner already said (i might have read it here) that he would rather spend 30 million on a top legal team than give any to EUFA? They will get out of this ,and just receive a telling off.The financial fair play is a joke.it was never going to make a difference.
I hope i'm wrong, but...

Last edited:
If City have found a loophole they may as well just scrap it, cause if they get away with it they all will start doing it. If they have the evidence they need banning and if they have broke PL rules they need to be docked points or have titles stripped if it's as bad as it looks.

Rules exist for a reason and I can guarantee if it was us we would have the book thrown at us

Hasn't their owner already said (i might have read it here) that he would rather spend 30 million on a top legal team than give any to EUFA? They will get out of this ,and just receive a telling off.The financial fair play is a joke.it was never going to make a difference.
I hope i'm wrong, but...
It means also that they are more than happy & capable to chuck a shed load of money at it. If I was a dodgy FIFA member that statement would make my eyes light up, I'd be on the phone to them letting them know that everything would be OK, nudge, nudge, wink, wink.

I read / heard on podcasts that the Sheik has decided he would rather spend £50M on lawyers taking UEFA to court than on fines for FFP - can see this going a long way.

Other than that the stated aim of FFP was to ensure clubs were not at risk of going bust not sporting integrity. They need to update the reasoning for FFP.

Back
Top Bottom