Financial Fair Play

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

No corruption whatsoever, some of us are just coping.

View: https://x.com/ohsospurs/status/1767513581111685210?s=46

Fucking joke. I think US sports franchises have this "luxury tax" idea. Which I suppose is fine up to a point where nothing rests on finishing bottom of the league. No relegation means that it really doesn't matter that much financially if you fail year after year by not keeping up with the Jones's. But when you are talking the difference between £100's of millions in the prem for TV rights alone and maybe £30m in the championship then there should be some other method of punishing infringements in my mind.

Will the likes of Burnley, Luton, Sheff U, Bournemouth, Brighton, Palace really think this is OK?

No corruption whatsoever, some of us are just coping.

View: https://x.com/ohsospurs/status/1767513581111685210?s=46

Man City will still get punished as their alleged breaches are historic, besides going forward points deductions are still on the table. Not being allowed UEFA money or compete in their competitions are still big disincentives though. Whoever this guy is, who seems to be an everton fan, even says so here.

View: https://x.com/mikeygow/status/1767305242159284622?s=20

Our commercial income grew from £33.8m in 2008 to £261m in 2022 (7 times) which is pretty astonishing compared to the other clubs mentioned. But realistically from where they were in 2008 to with them being league champions etc is it that crazy? I suspect the problem is that our deals are with a range of companies whilst the majority of theirs will be companies from Abu dhabi. If they were forced to replace those then I wouldn’t be surprised if they brought in similar levels with other companies now.
Yes companies that they have an interest in. They are basically sponsoring themselves. Saudi will do the same if they can.
You shouldn’t have countries owning clubs. They have too much influence on governments. Our government pushed through the Newcastle deal. Swallowed the crap that PIF are not part of the Saudi government. It has since been proved that they are part of their government. Newcastle chairman also chairman of PIF. Last year in a ct case PFA v PIF in USA , they claimed diplomatic immunity when certain docs were requested. Also confirmed the chairman of Newcastle is a sitting minister in the Saudi government.
Well done Boris

20/21 £37.3m loss
21/22 £0.4m profit
22/23 £119.6m loss

Total £156.5m loss - £51.5m over the £105m threshold, before adjustments for youth football etc. so might squeeze inside the £105m maximum after adjustments

The 22/23 loss is going to be a problem for the next few years though

Owners pumping in cash through
So I heard they have to get ECL or they have to sell a player. Thing is after the weekend would we want any of their junk?

Austin Powers No GIF

I read forest have two main defences for ffp,
As they were promoted they could not be measured for three premier league seasons to have lost £105 million. There threshold was reduce to being only allowed lose £61 million over three seasons. They say this is unfair compared to other relegation rivals who have been in the premier league longer.
Their other point is that they were only in this loss making area at the end of the season and that they used the entire transfer window to sell players.
If they had of accepted Brentford’s £35 million offer in June and not our offer of £47 august the £12 million extra was crucial to get them over the line.
They basically needed Johnson’s money by June 30th and that the window was only open a few weeks and they couldn’t utilise the entire window.
I wonder how they will get on.

View: https://twitter.com/KieranMaguire/status/1769722418640167155

Must mean Everton are getting the same punishment

Is 4 points the standard now then or is it proportionate?

Nobody knows, which seems to be partly the point. If the clubs knew the punishment then they’d budget accordingly. I still think the chavs made it part of their transfer policy to absorb the ffp fine (when they thought that’s all the punishment was) and carry on regardless.

Everton surely getting a bigger deduction than forest?
Forest got hit with four points for one offence for one season?
Everton were at it for over ten seasons.

I thought Everton already got punished for that and this refers to last season?
Everton got the 4 points back from the appeal, in order to get them back reduced for the 2nd breach, I'd assume. So in total they get deducted 10 points not for 1 breach, but for 2.

That said forest should have got a 10 year old kid in who plays match attax to count how much they had spent !!! Or at least advise them to not buy 42 players in one season.

Back
Top Bottom