Finally Luka's away

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Levy is the fucking don, only he could create a partnership with Real fucking Madrid out of this.

Incredible chairman.

he's already there.

284974_348399181912682_1754991406_n.jpg

Well I for one am sad that he's gone. He has been a fantastic player for us for the last 4 years, its a shame he has probably tainted this for most fans by wanting to leave for Chelsea and now for Madrid. Its been a privilege to watch him at the lane and it's gonna be tough without him. Now we need to hope AVB gets in the right player(s) in the next few days to give us the best chance without him.

All the best, Luka.

YidoBuckler said:
Well I for one am sad that he's gone. He has been a fantastic player for us for the last 4 years, its a shame he has probably tainted this for most fans by wanting to leave for Chelsea and now for Madrid. Its been a privilege to watch him at the lane and it's gonna be tough without him. Now we need to hope AVB gets in the right player(s) in the next few days to give us the best chance without him.

All the best, Luka.

Yeah, great player, shame it had to end on such a sour note.

zin said:
Levy is the fucking don, only he could create a partnership with Real fucking Madrid out of this.

Incredible chairman.
Would this be the partnership that has seen Nuri Sahin sign for us? :baletroll:

Lets hope it's as least as good as the partnership that got us Leandro. :adegrin:

My overwhelming feeling so far is relief. This thing has hung over all of our transfer window like a dark cloud, and now we've got a clear run at identifying targets and more resources to go after them with.

Gutted to see a fantastic player leave but I'm just glad it's done now and he's not going to be rubbing our noses in it in the prem. hopefully they'll draw Woolwich/Chelsea/city in the CL and muller them.

Partnership sounds interesting. Ronaldo on loan during the winter break? :)

Unfortunately I'll never look back fondly on Modric as a man, given his overtures towards one of our hated rivals and also his way of handling things whilst trying to secure a move away. However, he's been a tremendous player for us and I bear zero grudge for him wanting to move to Real Madrid.

As for the partnership, I'm not convinced we should expect anything tangible in the sense of transfers, as Salmon has pointed out. On the other hand, joint commercial ventures with one of the biggest clubs in the history of football are obviously good for us. If we benefit from any scouting and/or training expertise then it's got to be celebrated too.

In other words, gwaan, Levy.

CrippleCreek said:
Getting a partnership out of it? Nicely done dan, lets go spend some cash now!

It'll be a one way thing... you don't for one minute think we'll actually benefit from this do you?
Maybe we'll get first dibs on Ronaldo when he's 35... or get loaned some of their promising under-11s for the development squad...

we'll be a glorified feeder/nursery club for them from now on... AVB is Mourinho's bitch, and always has been!

Maybe us going 'all-White' this season was part of the 'Commercial' venture bit....?

On the other hand, they could always agree to 'let us win' WHEN we play them in the 2014/15 Champions League Final!!!

YidoBuckler said:

All the best, Luka.

Couldn't agree more mate. He did a great job for us and deserves to move his career onto new pastures. I'd have been mightily fucked off if he'd gone to another team in England, but going to Madrid, he's protected himself from my ire. Hope he does well there.

1882 said:
CrippleCreek said:

It'll be a one way thing... you don't for one minute think we'll actually benefit from this do you?
Maybe we'll get first dibs on Ronaldo when he's 35... or get loaned some of their promising under-11s for the development squad...

we'll be a glorified feeder/nursery club for them from now on... AVB is Mourinho's bitch, and always has been!

Maybe us going 'all-White' this season was part of the 'Commercial' venture bit....?

On the other hand, they could always agree to 'let us win' WHEN we play them in the 2014/15 Champions League Final!!!

It has nothing to do with players, I doubt it affects more than one transfer. Partnerships are about marketing and exposure - in this case, we get to tie the Tottenham name to the Real Madrid brand, which is the biggest in the world. That's huge. Something like a joint pre-season tour? That could be worth more than the entire Modric transfer fee.

vadimivich said:
1882 said:
CrippleCreek said:

It has nothing to do with players, I doubt it affects more than one transfer. Partnerships are about marketing and exposure - in this case, we get to tie the Tottenham name to the Real Madrid brand, which is the biggest in the world. That's huge. Something like a joint pre-season tour? That could be worth more than the entire Modric transfer fee.

yeah, OK, there is that I suppose... and let's face it, Real Madrid get to tie their tin-pot club to OUR GLORIOUS NAME too!!

The more I think about it, the more I reckon the ALL-WHITE KIT will stay now, or for as long as this commercial partnership exists... MUCH easier to brand both clubs if we're wearing the same colours! (I bet UA are lining up Real's next kit deal as we speak!!!)

Back
Top Bottom