Final game of the season vs. Newcastle (away)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What makes it different then?
pressure is on, we collapse. same old.
started with the league cup final. when it really matters. its a bit too much for us.

you can not say this team is any different to spurs teams of old YET.
they have to prove they are different. so far they haven't.

At least winning the double next season will make up for this.
the league will be a lot harder next season. I think we will do well to get top 4.
and that isn't to be scoffed at just because we got 3rd this season.
I don't want anyone turning their noses up at 4th next season!

maxresdefault.jpg

Looks like Djokovich after getting spanked by Andy Murray!

So AVB still has our highest points total then. I stayed after Southampton and clapped the players round the pitch. Yesterday I felt no pride in our players. It just shows most of them could not give a fuck. I suppose it is a good reality check for us supporters, we have a long long way to go.

Like absolute clockwork, the minute we ''fail'' the same old characters arrive to wallow in the misery. Been suspiciously quiet all season then bang! post after post after post.

Transparent idiots.

On that note, see all you beautiful people in July. I'm gonna ''forget'' about Spurs until then and recharge the batteries. It's been a long old season. Plenty to look forward to next season.

COYS!

P.s. COME ON ENGLAND!

Of course it would be easier to swallow if we had a cup final to look forward too, either the europa or the fa cup, but no we couldnt be bothered to take those seriously so how the fuck are we going to compete in both the CL and the league next year.

You are right about the past but why do we repeat it. Can never get over the line. Not talking about the league as we were playing catch up but I mean leads we have in terms of league positions. Yes we are 3rd. Group stages of CL. An improvement on last year and a young first team. But the monkey is still on our backs as is this feeling that we can never hold onto anything no matter what kind of gap we have. Whilst it's mathematically possible, it seems to happen. Next season if we do find ourselves in a position Leicester were in (7-8 points clear) one defeat or draw will have everyone thinking oh here we go. And that feeling will take over rather then us getting back to basics and playing our normal game.

The narrative is already ready written, with our role in it determined as perpetual failures. This is set in the minds of the fans, the media, maybe even the players? How do we correct this? It's a difficult one. To have an adjective for "Failure" named after your club.

A lot was said about this young squad and their fearlessness, how their age rendered them immune to the the years of recurring disappointment. We as fans have to be responsible for perpetuating this belief, as we are the only aspect that remains consistent.

There are worse positions to be in by far, but we are so focussed on own predicament and how we have fallen short again that we fail to acknowledge the plight of others. Imagine being a Newcastle fan, relegated for the second time in ten years. Or Villa, Jesus, the years of bad management. Absolute clowns in charge.

Do these teams have a "why always us" mentality? It could be a lot worse and we need to remember that.

Either that or we are cursed by the gods.

I mean this respectfully and I'm aware I'll sound like a wanker, but I'm guessing you're quite young. I'm 31, go to as many games as I have over the years and see if you feel the same way. I am beginning to understand how people around me in the Paxton become moaning, spiteful old cunts. It's from multiple experiences like yesterday. Fuck, I think I am beginning the transition myself...someone help me.

Can't help you mate!

I'm 62 and definitely a moaning, spiteful old cunt!

As Nick Hornby once said supporting a team like Spurs is like staying in a bad marriage.

You know it's never going to work out but you hang around in the forlorn hope that it might!

And, like Royston Vasey, I can never leave!
I'm local........

They're cunts. Forget about it and enjoy Summer. I'm not a trainspotter - I'm not even going to think about those cunts till the first game of the season, and even then the overpaid bottling cunts can fuck off.She supported Huddersfield Town when she was a lass. We're all Spurs now. She fucking worries about me when we lose. Ha ha. Mothers eh?

..."Joe Clash" - lol - you're about as punk rock as Sam Smith...

"...Hey, I heard you missed us, we're back !" "I brought my pencil..."

COYS

Sometimes team isn't firing all cyclinders and the ref can lift you out of that rut, or in Tottenham's case (ALWAYS) put the boot in.

Yesterday was one of worst penalties given against any team, ref knowing it didn't matter to Newcastle but mattered to us (and Woolwich), so at 2-1 against 10 men he virtually killed off our last chance.

Do not forget that point when you slag off our players for giving up.
Fair point and the players actually did put a shift in in the second half. Even at the end they were trying to score a consolation goal.

But we were only in the position of needing to rely on the ref not making a shit decision because we were "on holiday" in the first half. If we went out there and played our usual game we would have probably been 2-0 up by half time. The first half was the problem, effort wise, much more so than the second. In the second half the problem was more the Chadli sub and trying to play without a defence when there was still 15-20 minutes to go. If we had calmed down and kept our position we would have found an equaliser. I even fancied us at 3-1 to get a 3-3, but then Toby defends comically for their fourth goal and it's all over.

The guy has just signed a 5 year deal and he will be fucking furious no doubt about that

The summer activity has just become a bit easier for him for those who may have shown heart and loyalty to cause but end of day just won't cut if for the Champions league and his aspirations for the club

The guy has just signed a 5 year deal and he will be fucking furious no doubt about that

The summer activity has just become a bit easier for him for those who may have shown heart and loyalty to cause but end of day just won't cut if for the Champions league and his aspirations for the club

Only positive, that and Woolwich most likely keeping Wenger and not changing their team much now they got 2nd 'most likely.

I really reckon we could lose 6-7 and buy 5 players over the summer. Some players are either not up to the task or
Don't have the heart, if anything our team development will speed up.

These are your comments
  1. To be humiliated shows we still possess the ability to let an actual mathematical lead go.
  2. Only Tottenham could do that.
  3. Every time I say 3 points from 12 needed I am furious.
  4. A disgrace.
  5. As was the desire from the players in the last two games.
  6. Look at Newcastle, they'd already gone down.
  7. Still the same soft bottling Tottenham deep down.
These are damning, carping and accusatory statements that don't sound like they come from someone whose support is unconditional and blind. They sound like they come from someone who has done an appraisal of clubs and worked out that Spurs might be going somewhere and feels angry that his investment has failed.
So my comment wan't childish, just challenging.
Here's my challenge, get some passion and love for the club and treat it like its your child. That way you forgive it for its faults, love it unconditionally and support it with your dying breath - not see it as an exercise in picking a hip team that will allow you to show everyone how clever you are for selecting them.
I have seen this team relegated and I have seen it try its hardest to get relegated again, I have seen it descend into farce and reduce me to tears. Nothing surprises me about my team any more, but I still remain a committed fan with an unconditional acceptance of all that happens to it.
Most of all - I am really proud of the way it conducted its business this season, the way we played, the performances of our best players and the fact that we finally had a team. None of the top 10 "put us down" and we only lost a handful of games to any of them by the odd goal.
One freak result that ultimately has left us pissed off simply because the goons jumped us by a point - and people want to swear blind that every player is a cunt and the manager is a wanker.

Sorry my friend, I don't play that way. I'm in this for the long haul. Good or bad, Champions League or conference, its my team and I will back it and support it to the bitter end.

You say I believe that the last game was acceptable? Seriously?

I think that a "Fuck you" is in order.

This isn't the same team as any that have collapsed in the past, so I stand by the comment I made about that as well.
I love this club blindly and also would follow it to the Champions League or the Conference. IMO slagging off the players is not the same thing as slagging off the club itself. You can be critical of the players, the manager, the chairmen all you like, it doesn't make you any less of a yid. Those people come and go, and they are mainly in it for their own gain, it is the fans that make up the club, combined with things like the area, the stadium, the culture (e.g. our way of playing football, the colours, the badge, the hatred of our rivals) and those players or managers who became legends due to their service to the club like Billy Nick.

Back
Top Bottom