Final game of the season vs. Newcastle (away)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I can only respond to the things you post.
When have I said that I am in possession of "all the facts?"
Or made out that because I have supported the club longer than you (if I have) that I am a better supporter?

I think I am a better supporter than you because you are on here bleating like a spoiled child because you didn't get what you expected.

I however - whilst disappointed that it could have been better (we could have won all 38) am pretty happy with an unexpected season of great performances, improved players, and some great results.

I don't feel the need to wail like an air raid siren because I don't have the league table to wind gooners up.

But then again if any gooner wants to come at me, I am confident that I can hold my own and still feel proud of the club I support.

The first time I got the sense that you were proud of the club - no matter what, was when you said it above. Up until then you were just another whining disgruntled poster.

Good for you though, if we are on the same page with our support, we should get along famously if we ever meet.

Don't think you can say you are a better supporter just because you are satisfied. As I said, you don't know me so can't say just because I now said I'm proud of supporting them that you suddenly think Im not another whining supporter.
Doesn't make me any less of a supporter or a whining child for saying what the majority is which purely around the last game. Hence the manager's apology as he know it was unacceptable as well. Noticed a theme on this forum since the game was going on? If you are happy then good for you. Maybe the players should take a leaf from your book and have got over not winning the title, looked at what they had done so far and acted professional in the remaining games. They didn't. Discipline, focus, pride went down the toilet. Maybe they were whining children like us fans, except for you.

Good old Mick still slinging the "glass is half full" POV. The future still looks very bright for Tottenham but you clearly picked the wrong 48 hours to sell that to your audience via this good old Forum.

Last edited:
Will Sissoko get any punishment/review for that dive?

I swear there should be a rule of retroactive penalty to a player for simulation not seen by the official. 4 match ban minimum. Loss of points to the club.

Wouldn't have mattered here maybe but would really help clean this shit up.

Last edited:
Don't think you can say you are a better supporter just because you are satisfied. As I said, you don't know me so can't say just because I now said I'm proud of supporting them that you suddenly think Im not another whining supporter.
Doesn't make me any less of a supporter or a whining child for saying what the majority is which purely around the last game. Hence the manager's apology as he know it was unacceptable as well. Noticed a theme on this forum since the game was going on? If you are happy then good for you. Maybe the players should take a leaf from your book and have got over not winning the title, looked at what they had done so far and acted professional in the remaining games. They didn't. Discipline, focus, pride went down the toilet. Maybe they were whining children like us fans, except for you.
show me the post where I said I was proud of that performance.
Show me the post where I said I was happy with what I saw
Show me the post where I said that I didn't want us to win the title.

Go on. Show me.

I can show you plenty of posts where I said that I was proud of what this young team achieved, without a multimillion pound talent injection though.
I can show you posts where I said I was disappointed with the way the season ended - but still felt proud of the team I support.

Don't put words in my mouth that I never said, or posted eh?

Good old Mick still slinging the "glass is half full" POV. The future still looks very bright for Tottenham but you clearly picked the wrong 48 hours to sell that to your audience via this good old Forum.
Jesus mate - are you still the poster boy out there in the US of A trying to sell the English word "wanker" to the American public?

You are earning your bonus.

Jack Wiltshire is the biggest cunt in the premiership but for once I hope he gives our 5 players in the England team such a hard time that they vow that the Scum will not end up above us next season.

Jesus mate - are you still the poster boy out there in the US of A trying to sell the English word "wanker" to the American public?

You are earning your bonus.

Coming from the all time top seller in England , that means a ton Mick. Lmao. Now give us further context on how we should be reacting as a proper supporter to this debacle of a Spurs finish.

show me the post where I said I was proud of that performance.
Show me the post where I said I was happy with what I saw
Show me the post where I said that I didn't want us to win the title.

Go on. Show me.

I can show you plenty of posts where I said that I was proud of what this young team achieved, without a multimillion pound talent injection though.
I can show you posts where I said I was disappointed with the way the season ended - but still felt proud of the team I support.

Don't put words in my mouth that I never said, or posted eh?

Yawn. Show me this shown me that. Oh shut the fuck up. You are going on and insinuating such things. That's my opinion. If you don't like it piss off and comment on someone else's post. Show me a post where you said you agreed with someone criticising the team for the performances recently. Show me the post where I said that you said that you didn't want us to win the title. I'll show you plenty of posts of you having a go at people for saying exactly the same as I did. You can show yourself the first response you gave me, full of complete bullshit. I have every right to moan when I see that last two games. Yes league table to give some shit to the scum fans FOR ONCE IN 26 YEARS is important. And that from needing 1 more fucking point. That's what a proper spurs fan would want. Not "oh diddums well never mind" no fan is going to supporting the team. It is part of the DNA to hate scum and want to finish above em in us fans. Get it?

Coming from the all time top seller in England , that means a ton Mick. Lmao. Now give us further context on how we should be reacting as a proper supporter to this debacle of a Spurs finish.

My guess is vent through the forum, get it out of your system, enjoy the Summer and then regroup and support the team for the start of next season.

Personally I'm looking forward to a break where I don't have to consult the fixture list before agreeing to an invite for something. I love it at the time, but it does take its toll over 9 months.

Last edited:
My guess is vent through the forum, get it out of your system, enjoy the Summer and then regroup and support the team for the start of next season.

Personally I'm looking forward to a break where I don't have to consult the fixture list before agreeing to an invite for something. I love it at the time, but it does take its toll over 9 months.
A nice chill summer, some pints and back for more in August. I feel you.

Just putting this out there:

Will we be stronger next season because of how this one ended than if we had scraped a draw and patted ourselves on the back for finishing 2nd? As bitter as it was, I think we will. Possibly in terms of transfers and possibly in terms of an education for this young squad. But with this experience now solidly behind us I can only see it helping, not harming our future going forward.

Just putting this out there:

Will we be stronger next season because of how this one ended than if we had scraped a draw and patted ourselves on the back for finishing 2nd? As bitter as it was, I think we will. Possibly in terms of transfers and possibly in terms of an education for this young squad. But with this experience now solidly behind us I can only see it helping, not harming our future going forward.

I'm expecting the opposite and that this will mentally scar them, because we are Tottenham, we can only take a negative from a negative. .

Yawn. Show me this shown me that. Oh shut the fuck up. You are going on and insinuating such things. That's my opinion. If you don't like it piss off and comment on someone else's post. Show me a post where you said you agreed with someone criticising the team for the performances recently. Show me the post where I said that you said that you didn't want us to win the title. I'll show you plenty of posts of you having a go at people for saying exactly the same as I did. You can show yourself the first response you gave me, full of complete bullshit. I have every right to moan when I see that last two games. Yes league table to give some shit to the scum fans FOR ONCE IN 26 YEARS is important. And that from needing 1 more fucking point. That's C Not "oh diddums well never mind" no fan is going to supporting the team. It is part of the DNA to hate scum and want to finish above em in us fans. Get it?
mmm
So because there are a lot of people more prepared to bitch and whine, then you feel its OK to do so too?
Great, you "support" our club your way. Lets face it - it's "what a proper spurs fan would want."

I'm comfortable with my way. - ie being happier to see the good things that have happened, than to condemn the entire team, management and club for the one game where we fucked up. I wanted the one extra point JUST AS MUCH AS EVERYONE ELSE, JUST AS I WANTED US TO FINISH ABOVE THE GOONS!

All I have done is found a more personally satisfying way of dealing with the disappointment of the last day. Nothing I have said to you has been bullshit, just honest responses to what YOU posted, not full of straw man arguments like yours have been.

End of message. Not that you appear to have understood it.

Back
Top Bottom