FFP / PSR Requirements & Breaches

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Not sure anyone has ever complained about the off the pitch business side of things when it comes to Levy and Spurs.
Indeed. It was things like announcing a go kart track and then getting knocked out of the FA Cup by Sheffield's reserves that really boiled people's piss. Well, anybody with an ounce of passion.

This is brilliant news, however they will never let Spurs be the top Dog - I fully expect them to change the rules now to allow all this Oil Money to be washed through the Premier League.
I don't think this will be the case. There will still be a shitload of money in the PL by virtue of the fact that it is the most competitive league in the world that people care to follow. What will be the case is that it will make the PL much more competitive at the top too, where any of 6-7 teams could conceivably win the title as opposed to the 1-2 currently, thus making it an even bigger attraction.

So it's not about letting Spurs be the top dog, because we won't be; we'll just be more competitive and one of those 6-7 teams with a chance of winning the league in any given year. It's all about doing what will preserve the PL as the juggernaut that it is and one team dominating it year in and year is going to start wearing thin and won't help that in the long run.

Last edited:
This is brilliant news, however they will never let Spurs be the top Dog - I fully expect them to change the rules now to allow all this Oil Money to be washed through the Premier League.
You know what, tin foil hat aside, I agree. Some issues or obstacle will manifest that mainly affects us.

Not sure anyone has ever complained about the off the pitch business side of things when it comes to Levy and Spurs.
Levy Out is/ was a pretty blanket statement. And yeah there were vociferous complaints about the ‘business’ side. Every event other than football criticised, ‘we should have kept the old stadium’ is money really being invested in the squad or syphoned into Levy’s pockets etc etc etc

I'm pretty sure stadium costs/development don't come into FFP guidelines.
They don't. Reading the Everton forums they say that theirs are and has caused them to break and that's why they will overturn on appeal. Sounds like bollox but Hope they financed wrong and still get punished just to see the rage

It's not quite the same though. It's more like finding out your partner committed murders and grassing them up.

Boehly wasn't there committing the crimes and, possibly wouldn’t have purchased them if he knew what he'd find after the deal went through.
Chelsea were commiting the crimes and should be punished. If boehly didn't do due diligence he can get fucked or sue the previous owner.

Chelsea were commiting the crimes and should be punished. If boehly didn't do due diligence he can get fucked or sue the previous owner.
I’m really struggling to see how due diligence for a multi billion pound acquisition didn’t involve a check on the provenance of the club’s funds.

It’s nonsense. They knew exactly what they were buying.

I’m really struggling to see how due diligence for a multi billion pound acquisition didn’t involve a check on the provenance of the club’s funds.

It’s nonsense. They knew exactly what they were buying.

Didn’t they put £100m aside for issues. Obviously must have thought tax dodging and FFP failures would be just a fine.

Didn’t they put £100m aside for issues. Obviously must have thought tax dodging and FFP failures would be just a fine.
If the shit hits the fan I expect they will pull the Government in and claim that they were given assurances to help purchase what was, in effect, a distressed asset.

They probably didn’t understand it. Are there any such similar rules in the American sports they are involved in I wonder.
If an American sports team was caught cheating the cap by making offshore payments they would be punished. Think Chelsea's owners can a. plead their own innocence and cooperation as Sugar did and b. try to recover more costs from the money held in escrow for Abramovich. Altogether easier case than City's.

Indeed. It was things like announcing a go kart track and then getting knocked out of the FA Cup by Sheffield's reserves that really boiled people's piss. Well, anybody with an ounce of passion.
I doubt it was Daniels choice to play a wekened team v Sheff utd?

I doubt it was Daniels choice to play a wekened team v Sheff utd?
Sheffield Utd B team mate. B team! That was an absolute embarrassment of a game. Of course he didn't assemble that squad but he sure as fuck hired the person who did.

Levy is the head of a business and when the core of that business is starting to fail, questions have to be asked and the finger ultimately gets pointed at the top. That's the same everywhere. If I assemble a team to do a job and they fail, I get it in the neck from the people who employed us to see a project through to completion.

You have a vision. You get a manager. You get the players in that that manager wants. If they're too expensive or the manager's inflexible here, or his head's so far up his egotistical arse he doesn't finally give a fuck about the club, you've picked the wrong manager and you suffer the consequences. Mourinho, Nuno, Conte ... mixed messages and jumbled wires all over the place.

Now contrast that with the success off the pitch. Beyonce concerts, go-karts, hotels ... the money starting to pour in. Brilliantly run. Envy of the league. Is it any wonder many of us started to think that Levy should either go or stick to the business side of things and leave the football alone?

We know that settling on a playing style, recruiting the right people and building a squad using players liked by the manager works. It's exactly what's happening now.

I'm a live-in-the-now and look-to-the-future bloke so don't really want to start arguing about this shit again. Right now it's an absolute riot being a Spurs fan again and I genuinely think we're heading into a golden spell. Levy in.

Back
Top Bottom