FFP / PSR Requirements & Breaches

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It sounds like Spurs might be one of the few clubs who may benefit from the announcement due on Monday? Apparently Woolwich Villa, Man City, United, Chelsea and a host of others could be caught in this. The effect is

- possible point deductions this year for those who breached in 2022/2023 season

- clubs who have overspent this season having to sell club trained players to balance the books before 30 June into what will be a buyers market with only Liverpool and Spurs having FFP breathing space.

Maybe the THFC approach of building the stadium, go kart tracks, cinemas, etc. to create higher annual income for the club was not so short sighted after all?

Here’s a good vid on it. Its long but well worth the time.

View: https://www.youtube.com/live/qjf3qsrQua0?si=SOkc9SfmD96PaFUk

If Levy has been ahead of this since before 2015, then I'll take it all back

BTW, in the Premier League, it's apparently not FFP, it's P&S (profit and sustainability)

I remember Ali G saying in one of his videos last year that Levy’s been banking on this happening for a while.

Must admit at the time when he said it, I thought we’d be waiting a long time for it to come about

I didn’t watch that entire video, but unfortunately it didn’t seem like the Woolwich issues were that strong. I guess we’ll see what happens in the next couple days.

I didn’t watch that entire video, but unfortunately it didn’t seem like the Woolwich issues were that strong. I guess we’ll see what happens in the next couple days.
I guess we find out on Monday. It sounds like Forest, Bournemouth and Everton are most at risk of breach. Woolwich, Chelsea and Man U may be close to the line so may have to sell a club trained player to buy anyone, even in the summer.

for Woolwich the most obvious emergency sales to create breathing space are
Nketiah - but given he is on £100k a week not sure there will be many buyers for a 3rd choice striker in any half decent team.
Nelson - I don’t know much about him
Smith-Rowe - most likely sale I would have thought. But who has money to buy?
Saka - most sellable

I remember Ali G saying in one of his videos last year that Levy’s been banking on this happening for a while.

Must admit at the time when he said it, I thought we’d be waiting a long time for it to come about
contagious love GIF

Won’t be charged, but they defintely have to be careful with spending which is still good

I guess we find out on Monday. It sounds like Forest, Bournemouth and Everton are most at risk of breach. Woolwich, Chelsea and Man U may be close to the line so may have to sell a club trained player to buy anyone, even in the summer.

Nketiah - but given he is on £100k a week not sure there will be many buyers for a 3rd choice striker in any half decent team.
Saka - most sellable
Selling a player that’s been there a few years and is largely depreciated also has a similar upside to selling HG.

why would it be only club trained players that get sold ?
surely selling a player you brought in must reduce the overall budget
Just said that. If you bought them five years ago, then they are depreciated and 100% upside. If you bought them one year prior and they are on a five year term then only 20% of the sale price creates headroom

Saka - most sellable

What happens Monday?

Interesting. The below is where clubs might struggle and why Chelsea might be forced to sell Gallagher. In effect players you buy if sold don’t 100% count towards FFP hence why academy players like Gallagher are so perfect for FFP support. Also means Kane sale looks great on our books.

‘’Many of the sales came from players brought through the academy - the likes of Mason Mount, Billy Gilmour, Ruben Loftus-Cheek - and can be banked as 'pure profit'.

For players like Kai Havertz, their sale price is offset against the amount their 'value' has already decreased - in his case 60 per cent of what Chelsea paid for him, the proportion of his contract he had already run down - and so the income from those players does not tally up quite as nicely.‘’

Interesting. The below is where clubs might struggle and why Chelsea might be forced to sell Gallagher. In effect players you buy if sold don’t 100% count towards FFP hence why academy players like Gallagher are so perfect for FFP support. Also means Kane sale looks great on our books.

‘’Many of the sales came from players brought through the academy - the likes of Mason Mount, Billy Gilmour, Ruben Loftus-Cheek - and can be banked as 'pure profit'.

For players like Kai Havertz, their sale price is offset against the amount their 'value' has already decreased - in his case 60 per cent of what Chelsea paid for him, the proportion of his contract he had already run down - and so the income from those players does not tally up quite as nicely.‘’
That approach is quite vulnerable to declining liquidity too.

All seems rather complicated. How much did chavs buy havertz for and sell him for? Wasn’t much diff. Surely it should be simple maths basically how much spend to how much you earn ratio.

Back
Top Bottom