Fernando Llorente

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Maybe Llorente should have been given more of a chance but FFS.

He ain't what Pochettino wanted and neither is Janssen.

I just hope he has got a striker lined up because to let the bloke go knowing Son is also absent for a month, and have no back-up would be stupid.

And in talking about any difference between us and Liverpool the biggest is arguably that they have 4 or 5 strikers and we have 1 or 2.

Last edited:
Does he not qualify as an U21, therefore doesn't need to be registered ?
Or have they changed that rule ?

Nope not in the Champions League.

He's not in our Champions League squad because we have too many foreign players registered. Whereas in the Premier League he doesn't need to be registered due to him being U21. This all needs a real sorting out in the summer.

Nope not in the Champions League.

He's not in our Champions League squad because we have too many foreign players registered. Whereas in the Premier League he doesn't need to be registered due to him being U21. This all needs a real sorting out in the summer.
Thanks
I knew about the foreign players numbers, but I was under the assumption that as he was U21 he didn't need to be.

Always liked this guy and great to see him enjoying himself out there. I can understand if we do sell him soon but a part of me will always be sad that we didn't get him younger and see more of him in action.

We do absolutely need a decent backup striker like him on the books exactly for occasions like tonight.

Totti mentioned it in the match thread, maybe as a bit of banter.

But if Llorente starts/gets a lot of playing time in a game. He usually scores.

Totti mentioned it in the match thread, maybe as a bit of banter.

But if Llorente starts/gets a lot of playing time in a game. He usually scores.

Here are his updated stats for us since he signed:

1260 minutes played (Equivalent to about 14 games)
9 goals
2 assists

Janssen is the coldest I ever seen poch treat a player. Looks like he hates the guy.

No different to the chill-factor when Andros stepped out of line...

Much like publicly dissing his staff, I can see why Poch would consider refusing that loan to be a cardinal sin.

TBH, I think he's been fairly consistent when you consider he wasn't gonna tolerate Ade, Kaboul, Lennon and co. fuckin' with his shit either... Also see Bentaleb. If anything, the thing that suprised me more than anything was how lenient he was with Rose.

Back
Top Bottom