Fernando Llorente

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He is a good player and a very good professional. He is silent, polite and humble. He goes on the bench but he always has a smile, he does not make controversy. I have a great memory of him at Juventus.

The way the game was going, it was a blessing we have a guy like Llorente to come on. It was obvious smooth playing football wasn’t going to cut it with 10 Burnley players defending their box.

Lamela and Dele have proved they can too.

Its a waste of sub place having Llorente there, no disrespect to him as he's done well for us.

Expected better, but we all know the story as per tactics. Kind suprised we wouldn't leave it til the summer at this point, but if Poch genuinely thinks he's surplus, I wish him well.

Assume this means Foyth is a lock for the CL squad now which is good. Also gives u a little room to maneuver should we decide to take a punt on someone in the window (The place on the bench thing becomes moot should we sign a replacement though). We'd in turn be left juggling the same HG issues too. Skip coming good and succeeding one of Vic or Dembele would be a god-send on that front.

Expected better, but we all know the story as per tactics. Kind suprised we wouldn't leave it til the summer at this point, but if Poch genuinely thinks he's surplus, I wish him well.

Assume this means Foyth is a lock for the CL squad now which is good. Also gives u a little room to maneuver should we decide to take a punt on someone in the window (The place on the bench thing becomes moot should we sign a replacement though). We're likely left juggling the same HG issues. Skip coming good and succeeding one of Vic or Dembele would be a god-send on that front.

Don't really know what I expected to be honest.

It does mean we can potentially sign someone though for the league and not register them for the Champions League.

Don't really know what I expected to be honest.

Maybe naively, but I was sold on his Swansea stint... I guess it goes some way to prove the 'stick them in a better team they can only prosper'-theory a bit of a duff.

It does mean we can potentially sign someone though for the league and not register them for the Champions League.

Indeed.

Tho heeding the Lucas-scenario, IF signing anyone, I'm not expecting anything beyond an acquisition with a view to next season anyway

Maybe naively, but I was sold on his Swansea stint... I guess it goes some way to prove the 'stick them in a better team they can only prosper'-theory a bit of a duff.

Indeed.

Tho heeding the Lucas-scenario, IF signing anyone, I'm not expecting anything beyond an acquisition with a view to next season anyway

Problem is, we never really 'stuck him in the team'

Whenever he started more often or not he caused problems, got an assist or scored a goal. He didn't start enough, wasn't really match sharp and whenever he came off the bench we stopped playing to his strengths.

It only seems to be this season where he seems to be having an affect when coming off the bench. In what I think is his only start this season, he's scored.

Whenever he started more often or not he caused problems, got an assist or scored a goal. He didn't start enough, wasn't really match sharp and whenever he came off the bench we stopped playing to his strengths.

It only seems to be this season where he seems to be having an affect when coming off the bench. In what I think is his only start this season, he's scored.

Same old ST-quandry innit. If nothing else, a few more crosses in his cameos would have been nice tho'.

I’m actually quite sad to see him go. He gives us the hoofball option if things are looking bleak with 10-15 minutes to go, which we may actually need if this title race gets serious come March/April. He’s proved this season that he can have an effect on games.

1 million is nothing in today’s financial climate aswell, i don’t know that it’s worth losing the option he give us even if it is only for 6 more months.

The only way this makes sense to me
Is if he is making way for us to sign someone that makes us stronger in our problem area (CM). Although I would much sooner see n’koudu, Jansen, Vorm or even (forgive me for saying this) wanyama leave because they add absolutely nothing right now where as Fernando has shown some value.

Last edited:
I’m actually quite sad to see him go. He gives us the hoofball option if things are looking bleak with 10-15 minutes to go, which we may actually need if this title race gets serious come March/April. He’s proved this season that he can have an effect on games.

1 million is nothing in today’s financial climate aswell, i don’t know that it’s worth losing the option he give us even if it is only for 6 more months.

The only way this makes sense to me
Is if he is making way for us to sign someone that makes us stronger in our problem area (CM). Although I would much sooner see nkoudu, Jansen, Vorn or even (forgive me for saying this) wanyama leave because they add absolutely nothing right now where as Fernando has shown some value.

I think Kane could quite easily be that 'Llorente' battering ram win knock downs type.

Just change his role and get an extra attacker on like Lamela or Lucas if they're on the bench. I do like Llorente though, always thought he got a tough grilling from some of the Spurs fans for essentially being a substitute striker and nothing more.

I think Kane could quite easily be that 'Llorente' battering ram win knock downs type.

Just change his role and get an extra attacker on like Lamela or Lucas if they're on the bench. I do like Llorente though, always thought he got a tough grilling from some of the Spurs fans for essentially being a substitute striker and nothing more.
Yes your right but In the dying moments of a game having two battering rams that can win knockdowns is better than one.

I don’t think he’s a long term option for us but just for the rest of this season I think he would do more good than harm. Like I said I still only think it makes sense if we have something lined up to make us stronger.

Just making way for Harry Kane-Peters to make the step up into the squad.

Seriously though, unsure about this, he's been quite useful when called upon and having only Kane as a recognised striker (yeah I know Son can play CF, shut up..) is not a good idea.

Especially when we are losing Son fora period...

Back
Top Bottom