Fernando Llorente

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Fernando is a great professional: i remember 2 years in Juventus.
He does not have the exceptional talent of Kane but is a good/great player.
Seriously, he never speaks inappropriately
I remember he was great friend of Liechtenstein and Marchisio ( from Twitter’s pics holidays together in Portofino ( with wifes).
The first Year in Siviglia he scored versus Juventus:
Siviglia-Juventus 1-0 and se arrived second in round after won two times versus Manchester City.

Round D (2015-2016)
Manchester City 12
Juventus 11
Siviglia 6
Borussia M'gladbach 5

Because of this second place we met Bayern Munich (Guardiola) who eliminated us but I have great respect for Fernando. He did his job. Mucha suerte Fernando!

He hasn't done much on the pitch for us but it's just little things that a player with his CV might elevate our young hopefuls. Wonder what he's doing at the training ground?
DcRrLafXcAA4Xov.jpg

He hasn't done much on the pitch for us but it's just little things that a player with his CV might elevate our young hopefuls. Wonder what he's doing at the training ground?
DcRrLafXcAA4Xov.jpg
Is that Juan Foyth on his right... or some kid who won a prize to meet him and Raul?

Serious professional.

He was a great friend of Marchisio and Lietchsteiner, I remember their holiday photos in Portofino (Instagram or Twitter?)
I wish he could have performed well for us, bar a couple of games he's been very disappointing.

One thing that our team has lacked was experience, specifically experience of winning stuff at top flight like CL and League Championships. Never know if this is important or not but if you have a young side which is inexperienced it's a criticism that will get mentioned. With him part of the squad I had hopped that he could have brought that knowhow, that in game management that is vital in the big games.

Feel bad for him, the stick he has got is unfair, away against RM he was great and got us the 3 points Vs Swansea.

Hope he goes to a club that plays to his strengths unlike us, it was only last season he scored 15 in the Prem

About time we actually lumped it to him when he came on as opposed to just not using him..

He has got quite a lot of stick from Spurs fans throughout his tenure, especially when brought on and done nothing - but a lot of the time he simply isn't given the ball or we haven't played to his strengths. He isn't Kane and never will be now.

You absolutely cannot knock his record for us though.

11 starts
5 goals
2 assists
Minutes played as a Tottenham player: 1,126 (Equivalent of 12.5 games)

I'd like to see him and Kane start a game together. It worked really well in Madrid and tonight. Llorente as a focal point let Kane make the second man runs whereas before it was Kane trying to free up space for others.

I'd like to see him and Kane start a game together. It worked really well in Madrid and tonight. Llorente as a focal point let Kane make the second man runs whereas before it was Kane trying to free up space for others.

I think it could work in games we probably aren't expected to dominate (Real Madrid away for example). But against most of the teams we should be dominating, it's almost a waste just because he doesn't offer as much as others can.

I'd much rather Lucas, Son etc. start ahead of him and have Kane lead the line on his own simply because they offer more.

But it's definitely something I wouldn't mind seeing away at the Nou Camp.

Llorente - Kane
Eriksen - Dele - Winks - Lamela
Rose - Sanchez - Alderweireld - Aurier
Lloris
Fuck it. Nothing to lose.

I think it could work in games we probably aren't expected to dominate (Real Madrid away for example). But against most of the teams we should be dominating, it's almost a waste just because he doesn't offer as much as others can.

I'd much rather Lucas, Son etc. start ahead of him and have Kane lead the line on his own simply because they offer more.

But it's definitely something I wouldn't mind seeing away at the Nou Camp.

Llorente - Kane
Eriksen - Dele - Winks - Lamela
Rose - Sanchez - Alderweireld - Aurier
Lloris
Fuck it. Nothing to lose.

I agree on the main. Just from time to time we have matches where our forwards are just getting in each others way so perhaps mixing it up can be an option. I think we underuse and misuse Llorente.

I agree on the main. Just from time to time we have matches where our forwards are just getting in each others way so perhaps mixing it up can be an option. I think we underuse and misuse Llorente.

I think that's one of Pochs biggest problems. The underuse and misuse of squad players. Llorente being one of them.

Serious professional.

He was a great friend of Marchisio and Lietchsteiner, I remember their holiday photos in Portofino (Instagram or Twitter?)

I'm happy for the assist of Llorente decisive to Kane's first goal. Fernando isn’ta phenomenon but he is a very serious and generous player, still loved by Juventus fans in Turin.

He's been good value for money overall.

Contributed to a big point away at Madrid.
Helped wreck some shite teams in domestic cups.
Won us 3 points at Swansea
Helped wreck Spam

Today played a big role in us scoring.

What more can you ask from a £12m 33 year old backup striker?

He's been good value for money overall.

Contributed to a big point away at Madrid.
Helped wreck some shite teams in domestic cups.
Won us 3 points at Swansea
Helped wreck Spam

Today played a big role in us scoring.

What more can you ask from a £12m 33 year old backup striker?
He's done OK in the amount of game time he's been given but could have been allowed to contribute more often

Totally agree that he's been good value.

11 starts
6 goals
2 assists
Minutes played as a Tottenham player: 1,150 (Equivalent of 13 games)

For some reason (beyond a rare start away at Swansea and domestic cups), Llorente wasn't thrown on too often last season and sometimes didn't even make the bench but recently, it seems like Poch realises he can be a useful asset.

Came off the bench against PSV in a very important Champions League game and got an assist for the all important equaliser. Came off the bench again today, won his header late in the game which lead to the winning goal from Eriksen.

He's a good last throw of the dice to bring on if we're willing to go long ball or cross the ball into a crowded area. For some reason whenever he comes on we stop crossing the ball and fail to play to his strengths but we have seemed to be doing that a lot more in his last 3 substitute appearances.

We really should give him more time against lower half teams. He creates space for our other strikers with just his presence. And having a tall fucker around when lobbing in crosses cannot hurt

Back
Top Bottom