FA Response to Torres Scratching

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Dembele was great in the second half, I think he's trying to find his role in the side right now. A lot of people focus on what he can't do, it's up to AVB to encourage Dembele to play to his strengths for longer periods. He had a mare against Woolwich but has been great in the last 2 games and I hope it continues.

agreed completely , he was poor in the beginning of the season and seems to lack the confidence to be an attacking player. Controlling is his forté.

slightly off topic but....

I haven't seen Torres play that well for years. Jan still had him under manners though.

Torres, for me, was the best striker in the world a few years back and last Sat he got quite close to that level again.

Verts is a world class defender.
It really was a battle.

Which Verty won:vert:

The FA explained their reason behind not increasing the penalty against him. They have a rule that says if the incident has already been seen and dealt with by match officials, then further action cannot be taken.

They are not going to write rules and guidelines, and then publicly ignore them - risking legal action, are they?

I'm not saying that the lack of action is fair or right, just pointing out why they have done nothing else. Personally I think the action is an embarrassment to the game, his club and to him, as a grown man. He should be sanctioned for bringing the game into disrepute and possibly charged by the police for assault. I'm sure if you went up to someone in the street and did that you would be arrested if seen by a policeman.

Maybe they should set up a players tribunal in which the tribunal panel members are not sanctioning players from the same division in which they are were playing in. Perhaps that would bring back some equality re: penalties given.

what Torres did was not only petulant and spiteful, but it shows a distinct lack of class that Mourinho seems to encourage amongst his 'untouchable' players at every club he's been at....

He might have the media in the palm of his manicured hands, but Jose can come across as a nasty bit of work sometimes, (remember the eye-gouging at Madrid?) not to mention how TOTALLY self-absorbed and in love with his own charisma he is... No wonder it's rubbing off on the players!

Torres, for me, was the best striker in the world a few years back and last Sat he got quite close to that level again.
He did play well. For about twenty minutes. I remember him doing the same a year or so ago, maybe against Swansea, where he got sent off whilst playing a stormer. Then he was shit again.

I still believe he's got it in him to be fantastic again though.

He did play well. For about twenty minutes. I remember him doing the same a year or so ago, maybe against Swansea, where he got sent off whilst playing a stormer. Then he was shit again.

I still believe he's got it in him to be fantastic again though.
At learning how to scratch:rolleyes::rolleyes: properly!!

Hang on, did Torres' knee not respond to Jose telling it that it WASN'T an injured knee?
Surely if Jose says Torres is fine, then he'll be fit, and he already said last Sunday that Torres will and SHOULD play at the weekend... so what's changed?
Torres isn't going to play now 'cos of an injury that means Jose DOESN'T decide who plays, and who doesn't after all...??
Meh, either Jose CAN decide these things, or he can't! He always gives the definite impression that he can....
...it's the inconsistency with Jose that annoys me the most!

That can't be right... Jose has already said JAN is the disgrace... therefore he is... so how can Torres ALSO be a disgrace? He can't be, 'cos Jose said Jan was... and Jose called it first!

I have an awful feeling AVB may come to regret calling the FA into question... I see a touchline ban looming for not very much, the VERY next time he speaks out against or questions a Ref during a game!

Thanks for posting that Sean, If squarez is out for biting why isn't Torres out for scratching like a girl? AVB is right the FA needs to step up violent conduct is violent conduct these players are paid an insane amount of money and should act like professionals.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom