FA Response to Torres Scratching

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

this is absolute bullshit

The FA will take no action against Chelsea’s Fernando Torres in relation to an incident involving Tottenham Hotspur's Jan Vertonghen which occurred in the 50th minute of their match on Saturday 28 September 2013.

One of the match officials saw the coming together of the two players, albeit not in its entirety.

In these particular circumstances, in line with The FA’s policy on when retrospective action may be taken, reviewed this summer by the game’s stakeholders (the Premier League, the Football League, the Professional Footballers’ Association, the League Managers’ Association, Professional Game Match Officials Limited and the National Game), no action may be taken.

For more information on retrospective action you can watch our explanatory video or read the statement we published in July.

That's fine... this is now officially allowed by the FA:
torres_vertonghen.jpg

I can't wait for the first instance of it happening during a Schools' game...
"I woz just copying my hero wasn't I...? The FA said it's OK to do this now... whilst smiling!"

The FA are still clearly happy for Jose's ball-sack to dangle over their wide open, willing mouths!!!

Pricks!

i thought they had changed the rules.
This "the officials saw them do it" never stopped them doing Ben Thatcher. so i guess if the press kicks up enough, they can do people even if the ref saw it.

slightly off topic but....

I haven't seen Torres play that well for years. Jan still had him under manners though.

Torres, for me, was the best striker in the world a few years back and last Sat he got quite close to that level again.

Verts is a world class defender.

i thought they had changed the rules.
This "the officials saw them do it" never stopped them doing Ben Thatcher. so i guess if the press kicks up enough, they can do people even if the ref saw it.
The problem with that though is that the press would never want to upset their perfect Lord and Saviour - The Special One™ - Jose Mourinho, Noble Knight of Cuntelot.

FA = Fucking Assholes

What a joke of an organisation, what's the point of the new disciplinary board? When the incident was not fully seen by the officials. Surely the whole point is to take action when presented with the video evidence? The fact of the matter is the offical didn't see the gouging/scratching. Perfect time to administer the new rules.

Oh well it seems the like the FA continue to work in their own bubble and not properly govern the sport correctly.

Bunch of archaic suited cunts!

The problem with that though is that the press would never want to upset their perfect Lord and Saviour - The Special One™ - Jose Mourinho, Noble Knight of Cuntelot.

Poor Maureen had a mental break down because the media dared to question his decision to drop some players. Let's not upset him anymore by taking away one of his runtcunt misfiring strikers. Maureen would have yet again come out and tried the Barca/Spanish model of 6 midfielders up front and claim he has no fit strikers. Poor old Ba and Eto'o.

the bindippers must be going mental atm

btw @ , i saw some well known members of the spurs community stating that verts actually isnt a very good defender but covers that because he is so confident in possesion and has that natural flair ...

Last edited:
So they admitted they saw them square up to each other, but possibly not the scratch (not in its entirety) but that means no further action can be taken. How is this any different to the process from last season?

, i saw some well known members of the spurs community stating that verts actually isnt a very good defender but covers that because he is so confident in possesion and has that natural flair ...
I'm going to need some names dear chap. I've said he's good but is prone to brainfarts at times.

I'm going to need some names dear chap. I've said he's good but is prone to brainfarts at times.

lol wasnt aimed at you (did not see your comments) at all nor was it aimed at calling people out, it's just something that always strikes me how people can watch the same game and have opinions that are so different about the quality of players and so on.

And i am always a bit more chauvinist when it comes to JV and Dembele, for instance the Moose was incredible for some and pretty crap for others on saturday. Me , i cant for the world see why he would've been crap but maybe i look at other things or appreciate other aspects of the game.

lol wasnt aimed at you (did not see your comments) at all nor was it aimed at calling people out, it's just something that always strikes me how people can watch the same game and have opinions that are so different about the quality of players and so on.

And i am always a bit more chauvinist when it comes to JV and Dembele, for instance the Moose was incredible for some and pretty crap for others on saturday. Me , i cant for the world see why he would've been crap but maybe i look at other things or appreciate other aspects of the game.
Dembele was great in the second half, I think he's trying to find his role in the side right now. A lot of people focus on what he can't do, it's up to AVB to encourage Dembele to play to his strengths for longer periods. He had a mare against Woolwich but has been great in the last 2 games and I hope it continues.

Back
Top Bottom