FA CUP Quarter-Final : Swansea City v Tottenham Hotspur - 17/03/18 @12.15pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Brilliant performance. Ought to shut up the ‘Harry Kane team’ media. Thoroughly impressed with all 11. Sissoko played well, good engine.

People are desperate to see us fail. However, with the next match at Wembley and Kane to come back things look good.

Eriksen Immense
Lamela maturing into a key player
Moura looks so promising
But for a few inches, Sonny would have goal and assist
I can finally see why we bought Sissoko
Harry back for semi - good times

The role Sissoko had today is the one he should have when playing for us. Playing him as a central/defensive midfielder brings the most out of his strengths and covers most of his flaws.

And how good was Eriksen today? Our maestro running things in midfield. Puppet master

What the feck is BT’S agenda? About the 15th time they have mentioned us playing at Wembley as two home games. They even said it to Eriksen who also corrected them, stating that the fans will be split 50/50. Probably upset that if we win it won’t fit the media narrative. So they have to take a slight at anything we might achieve in advance

What the feck is BT’S agenda? About the 15th time they have mentioned us playing at Wembley as two home games. They even said it to Eriksen who also corrected them, stating that the fans will be split 50/50. Probably upset that if we win it won’t fit the media narrative. So they have to take a slight at anything we might achieve in advance
What exactly did Eriksen say? I missed it but I love his deadpan humour and putting people in their place.

So for a manager that some people think couldn't give two shits about trophies Poch takes us to his 2nd FA Cup semi-final having already taken us to a Final in the Kangaroo Cup in the space of 3.5yrs! Can we please have some fans not get so sucked into narrative building by the press, it make you look like tits.

Perfect game from start to finish, only Sanchez and Tripper not entirely convincing for the full 90mins, but neither calamitous. Everyone else top draw. A big shout for Vorm, who had almost fuck-all to do today but when called upon he was there!!

MoTM I think was Eriksen although Sissoko was right up there, fantastic game from him, also continuing to show his versatility by playing on the right for the last 15-20mins, this in it's self I highly valuable to the team as a whole, just like Dier being able to play CB/DM.

Up The Spurs!

Really pissed off with the "home game" narrative all the pundits a pushing. It's not a fucking home game unless your supporters out number the away teams supporters!

I hope Wembley does give us an advantage obviously but it's not gonna be like before where we've got 80k yids rocking st the top of their voices.

Anyway solid performance today, I take back everything I said about sissoko he was brilliant today!

Back
Top Bottom