FA CUP Quarter-Final : Swansea City v Tottenham Hotspur - 17/03/18 @12.15pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Crush the cunts and then we get a day out at Wembley for a Semi!

I can imagine the pre match team talk "Come on lads, win this and we are playing at wembley..... yes again".

With Jordan Ayew out for this game we have a real chance because he is their main attacking threat. Go full strength and get to the semifinals.

Vorm
Trippier Foyth Vert Davies
Dembele Dier
Lamela Eriksen Dele
Son

Lloris Aurier Sanchez Wanyama Lucas Llorente KWP

Yeah Ayew has been really good form since their new manager turned up.

I still have no idea who Poch will pick for this game, surely has no reason to rotate due to lack of football after that game, at the same point you have to play your squad players to keep them happy. I wouldn't be surprised if we see Llorente and Moura playing, really hope Vorm doesn't play or that he isn't tested at all if he is playing.
Hoping Tripps and Davies will be starting as they have both had a rest and have no spurs commitments for a week or two after that game.

We've a fortnight between the Cup game and our next PL game (they're not gonna rearrange Newcastle anyvtime before that 'cos of the International break)

Kane aside, (and depending on the extent of Dele & Rose's injuries) I say go as full strength as possible... go all out to win the thing!

Unless Llorente feels he has a point to prove, (and likewise Vorm & Davies) by upholding the 'curse of the ex', I'd stick with Son up top, plus the bulk of the team that finished yesterday...
though I'm sure Moura will play... just a case of who he replaces... Dele if not 100% fit perhaps?

Full strength, you say...?
:kanehand::llorishuh::pochfacepalm:

Sure Lloris is better than Vorm but Vorm in the FA Cup is full strength. If we win and get Chelsea or one of the Manchester clubs then sure go with Lloris.

If I am being honest Foyth is a really good young defender. I think he is every bit as good as Sanchez and if he got the same run of games Sanchez has gotten then I could see Foyth doing as well. He’s quick, strong, good dribbler, can get out of tough situations, and he is good at headers.

- Vorm -
- Trippier - Sanchez - Vertonghen - Davies -
- Dier - Dembele -
- Lucas - Eriksen - Lamela -
- Son -​

Jordan Ayew being out is big, plus Andre Ayew maybe cup-tied as well, but I’m not sure.

If we are 2/3-0 up at any point the fans have to sing Que Sera Sera just for shits and gigs. It’ll piss every rival fan off.

- Vorm -
- Trippier - Sanchez - Vertonghen - Davies -
- Dier - Dembele -
- Lucas - Eriksen - Lamela -
- Son -​

Jordan Ayew being out is big, plus Andre Ayew maybe cup-tied as well, but I’m not sure.

If we are 2/3-0 up at any point the fans have to sing Que Sera Sera just for shits and gigs. It’ll piss every rival fan off.

That's a sexy team!:ledleylick:

---------------------Vorm----------------
Trippier---Foyth--Vertonghen--Davies
-------------Wanyama---Dembele------------
------Lucas-----------Eriksen---------Son-----
------------------------Llorente---------------------

If they value a cup game over PL status they are mental. Either way we should be beating them.

Maybe harsh on the fringe but Id like to go full strength now all the way.
I’d normal agree, Sammy, but with the gap between this and the next League game after the international break - i’m not so sure.

Though I suppose if you’re Swansea then the result of potentially winning this game is (odds-on) a match against Chelsea or United in the semis.

For me, the focus is on Poch and whether he fields a strong XI. I don’t want us fucking around here. And with no replay for the quarter final, we could really do with avoiding a 120 minute slog.

Son is a great second choice striker. But people seem to forget that he struggled upfront alone against teams that sit back.
He will be so isolated against their 3CB.

Also im not sure about Lloris and Vorm. I feel if we play Vorm here, plays him until the end. Dont change him if we met strong club.

And i Toby is available, i would like to see him play.

Lloris
Tripps Foyth Vert Davies
Lamela Dembele Eriksen
Moura Llorente Son

Subs : Vorm, KWP, Wanyama, Dier, Winks, Dele, Sissoko

Feels like Sanchez, Dier and Dele should contemplate some time on the sideline to improve.

Absolutely no reason to go weak here. Two weeks until our next game after this one. Sure, bring in the likes of Lucas if he needs game time but Dembele, Vertonghen, Eriksen etc should all be playing.

Would like to see this:

Son
Lucas - Eriksen - Lamela
Dembele - Dier
Davies - Vertonghen - Foyth - Trippier
Vorm

0-1
You finally acknowledge which FB has been the most consistent.

I'm assuming Lamela, Son and Lucas will start with the normal backline of Davies/Trips. Other than that its up in the air. Maybe Poch gives Wanyama another chance to get more fit, maybe dembele and eriksen get a break. LLorente may start and we go with a similar lineup to the 2nd leg of rochdale. It'll be interesting.

Any reason many people don't see Llorente starting? Bagged three last time and it would be a good test to see if he could get some form going with Kane out. Also if memory serves, his link up with Son has been very decent so far
Against his old club as well.
My thinking was we are going to have to play without Kane for a few weeks, so we might as well get the boys who will play some time together in match conditions.

Back
Top Bottom