FA Cup -Preston (A) 28/01 - 6PMKO BBC1

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

PNE = Pointless northern establishment.
Well they‘ve won the top league as much times as we have….they’ve a history in English football that’s often forgotten about as is Notts County and numerous other other proud clubs that’s unfortunately fallen on hard times and out of favour for the shiny plastic teams of this world…….every club has a right to exist and every football fan has a right to support them and fair play to them, it’s easy supporting a winning team……

That was a fun day out.

Left London at 12:15, got to Preston by 3:50ish, parked at the Moor Park social club gaff (£3), was a bit wet for bowls so we went inside.

Less than £4 pint and a sign said "butty's - £1" behind the bar - two of our group had a nibble with the verdict being not bad for a quid (ham roll and corn beef and onion roll). The Guinness was out of cans and not nice, the John Smiths was much better.

There were two full sized snooker tables in the middle of the bar, was gonna stick 50p down but didn't wanna show up the locals.
15 minute walk to the ground which has the old school floodlight pylons which was class, a reminder of having the same at Spurs all those years ago.

We were in row 2 so had a great view although difficult to see team shape being so low down. Really liked the ground, good atmosphere, a box really, close to the pitch and old school. Facilities were fine although queues for grub were massive, toilets ok though.

One thing you notice being down the front is how quickly the players move the ball, the pace of the game was electric I thought and it's not something I appreciate normally sat halfway up the south stand. I was really impressed with our intensity and effort, anyone doubting commitment to Conte and the club is miles off in their assessment. We weren't just superior technically (as you'd expect) but we won the physical battle too, first to loose balls, winning 50/50s which isn't always the case against lower league opposition who up their game for the big boys.

Was impressed by the players who don't normally play as it's harder for them to find rhythm and defensively Tanganga especially stood out, very comfortable on the ball, but a shout out to Sanchez too. Forster is enormous and his new name is Mungo. Liked Yves also, looked very composed.

Kulu I thought was a bit pony, made a number of bad decisions 2nd half, Gil and Danjuma were very lively when they came on (I hope we keep Gil, his first touch is top class and he's a clever player) and well done to Skipp who did very well. Special mention for Son and his goals and the moany tit behind us who called him 'championship' just before he scored - we had a good laugh about that one.

Good showing from the fans though, lots of noise and bants with the Preston fans to our left, especially the rather large lady in white who gave it loads, enjoyed the attention (' who's the wanker in the white ') and then fucked off before the end with chants of 'fatty, what's the score?' ringing in her earholes. Old school is best.

Hoping for a similar tie in the next round, can't beat a good away day to a new place, especially when there's so many fans together, it does make cup ties a better experience. And kudos to the people of Preston, friendly and down to earth, no hint of trouble and the way footy should be.

I have a video but no idea how to add it, any help would be appreciated.

Last edited:
One thing you notice being down the front is how quickly the players move the ball, the pace of the game was electric I thought and it's not something I appreciate normally sat halfway up the south stand. I

Yep, most people don’t understand the speed and intensity the top levels play at.

First time I was on the pitch at a “proper” professional training session I was blown away by the physicality.
Honestly think most football fans saying “I could play better then” then would have a heart attack if they tried to keep up for just 30mins.

Yep, most people don’t understand the speed and intensity the top levels play at.

First time I was on the pitch at a “proper” professional training session I was blown away by the physicality.
Honestly think most football fans saying “I could play better then” then would have a heart attack if they tried to keep up for just 30mins.
True but I'm still convinced a roomba could do a better job than Winks.

Absolutely, it's so fast and the players are in supreme physical condition, they're making constant split second decisions at great speed.

Before I left yesterday I caught 15 minutes of the Big Match Revisited on telly with footy from 1979, Chelsea v Charlton. The contrasts are huge - pitch terrible, ground shit, only half full, players not as fit and nowhere near as athletic. What hadn't changed was the football, passing and movements pretty similar, players closing down, patterns of play the same. There's been no massive tactical shift in footy outside of playing out from the back more and the desire to maintain possession but the rest is the same tactically.

That was a fun day out.

Left London at 12:15, got to Preston by 3:50ish, parked at the Moor Park social club gaff (£3), was a bit wet for bowls so we went inside.

Less than £4 pint and a sign said "butty's - £1" behind the bar - two of our group had a nibble with the verdict being not bad for a quid (ham roll and corn beef and onion roll). The Guinness was out of cans and not nice, the John Smiths was much better.

There were two full sized snooker tables in the middle of the bar, was gonna stick 50p down but didn't wanna show up the locals.
15 minute walk to the ground which has the old school floodlight pylons which was class, a reminder of having the same at Spurs all those years ago.

We were in row 2 so had a great view although difficult to see team shape being so low down. Really liked the ground, good atmosphere, a box really, close to the pitch and old school. Facilities were fine although queues for grub were massive, toilets ok though.

One thing you notice being down the front is how quickly the players move the ball, the pace of the game was electric I thought and it's not something I appreciate normally sat halfway up the south stand. I was really impressed with our intensity and effort, anyone doubting commitment to Conte and the club is miles off in their assessment. We weren't just superior technically (as you'd expect) but we won the physical battle too, first to loose balls, winning 50/50s which isn't always the case against lower league opposition who up their game for the big boys.

Was impressed by the players who don't normally play as it's harder for them to find rhythm and defensively Tanganga especially stood out, very comfortable on the ball, but a shout out to Sanchez too. Forster is enormous and his new name is Mungo. Liked Yves also, looked very composed.

Kulu I thought was a bit pony, made a number of bad decisions 2nd half, Gil and Danjuma were very lively when they came on (I hope we keep Gil, his first touch is top class and he's a clever player) and well done to Skipp who did very well. Special mention for Son and his goals and the moany tit behind us who called him 'championship' just before he scored - we had a good laugh about that one.

Good showing from the fans though, lots of noise and bants with the Preston fans to our left, especially the rather large lady in white who gave it loads, enjoyed the attention (' who's the wanker in the white ') and then fucked off before the end with chants of 'fatty, what's the score?' ringing in her earholes. Old school is best.

Hoping for a similar tie in the next round, can't beat a good away day to a new place, especially when there's so many fans together, it does make cup ties a better experience. And kudos to the people of Preston, friendly and down to earth, no hint of trouble and the way footy should be.

I have a video but no idea how to add it, any help would be appreciated.
I've created a thread for away support, put your video in there. It's called everywhere we go.

You can upload the video using streamable.com

Match report from away end.
My boy nearly got into a ruck with a small group of lads who were swearing and screaming abuse at Sonny. Told them to shut the fuck up because they were embarrassing.
He’s not taking his partner to football again because he wanted to “take it further” and was dissuaded.
I’m glad she was there however, because he’s not usually the sort to turn the other cheek
Saw an embarrassing amount of idiots yesterday. people who don't normally go to games but got a ticket.
Grown men who should know better screaming abuse at families in the adjoining stand, falling down drunk, or coked off their nuts, belittling Preston and being big time charlies.

Absolute disgrace.

Saw an embarrassing amount of idiots yesterday. people who don't normally go to games but got a ticket.
Grown men who should know better screaming abuse at families in the adjoining stand, falling down drunk, or coked off their nuts, belittling Preston and being big time charlies.

Absolute disgrace.
I didn't see this explicitly as only got to the ground about 5 min before kick off, but there was a very aggressive element there who just seemed to want to be abusive and ignorant.

Games like this should be friendly and there should be an atmosphere of humorous banter and conviviality. And the "your support is fucking shit " chant is just embarrassing, makes me cringe every time I hear it.

I didn't see this explicitly as only got to the ground about 5 min before kick off, but there was a very aggressive element there who just seemed to want to be abusive and ignorant.

Games like this should be friendly and there should be an atmosphere of humorous banter and conviviality. And the "your support is fucking shit " chant is just embarrassing, makes me cringe every time I hear it.
Yeah time and place for that like Chelsea, Coty and Goons away not historic, family clubs from the lower league especially when they are v welcoming

Shout out to the travelling fans , bloody fantastic , AGAIN !
Tom And Jerry Reaction GIF by HBO Max

Thanks mate, brilliant day.

I think the result and the performance shows how much our squad has improved since last season or even since the Portsmouth game. We got the result without having to turn to Harry at all and this wasn't a narrow result, it was a comfortable win.

It was embarrassing the amount of times we had to bring Kane on against weak opposition last season because the second string couldn't hack it. And, Preston wasn't even that weak an opposition compared to Portsmouth or some of the teams we faced last season (NS Mura, Pacos de Ferreira).

Back
Top Bottom