Fa Cup fifth round- rochdale afc v tottenham hotspur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Those pricks up the road had a cup tie v Farnbrough moved years ago and after that the FA banned it. In that instance it was a case of the Goons flashing the cash for an easy tie. Typical of them really.

Following that I am pretty sure that any move now has to be to the nearest neutral venue and the tie can only then be moved on safety grounds anyway.

if I had any idea at all where Rochdale is i’d make a guess as to what stadium could be used, but I don’t, so I can’t ! :allitongue:
Oldham or Bolton would be the natural choices I think.

That pitch looks fucking atrocious, I get that clubs below the Championship may struggle financially but surely for matches to take place, they still have to maintain the pitch. I cannot remember the last time I saw a PL pitch looking fucked. At least some of that TV money is being invested properly in the upkeep of grounds.

I have to say, there's 'playing the conditions' and then on the other hand, there's 'playing in a ploughed field'. This is definitely the latter. I'm all for the romance of the cup but there is a serious risk that players will get injured as a result of the playing surface.

How would the FA react if Harry Kane breaks his ankle on that surface and misses the World Cup in the summer?

If they insist on making us play on that potato field we should play a team of 8 defenders plus a few second string attackers and turn the game into a bore fest. It's not worth risking any of our top attacking players and potentially losing them to a long term injury. This isn't the 1970's. If they can't create a decent playing surface they've got no business being in the competition or even in the football league.

Should not go to Wembley but a large ground near Rochdale. Manchester has been suggested. However if match goes ahead this weekend then I cannot see it changing

That pitch looks fucking atrocious, I get that clubs below the Championship may struggle financially but surely for matches to take place, they still have to maintain the pitch. I cannot remember the last time I saw a PL pitch looking fucked. At least some of that TV money is being invested properly in the upkeep of grounds.

Only one solution looking at that picture...

------------------Lloris------------------
--------------------------------KWP-Vertonghen-Davies-Rose
----------------------------------------Lamela-Eriksen-Dele-Son
---------------------------------------------------------Kane-Llorente

Fuck that wing.

If they insist on making us play on that potato field we should play a team of 8 defenders plus a few second string attackers and turn the game into a bore fest. It's not worth risking any of our top attacking players and potentially losing them to a long term injury. This isn't the 1970's. If they can't create a decent playing surface they've got no business being in the competition or even in the football league.

But apparently we should pay for it to be fixed or relaid...
Surely any pro club has three essentials: team, stadium and pitch. Personally, I think it's pretty negligent for the pitch to be like that and the fa should intervene....fucking disgrace! As I said earlier, I'd rather play on dog shite, beer can, used needle filled local park pitch.

It played alright for Milwall apparently.

Whether we should or not, let's just pay for the pitch and be done for it. I imagine the money for the chance to reduce injuries is a small price to pay

I think we should turn up, play the game and stop fucking moaning. It’s the FA Cup. If you get favourable draws against lower league opposition you play on shit pitches. Personally I’m pleased we’re not playing away on City’s perfect pitch. Have we ever looked more small time?

I think we should turn up, play the game and stop fucking moaning. It’s the FA Cup. If you get favourable draws against lower league opposition you play on shit pitches. Personally I’m pleased we’re not playing away on City’s perfect pitch. Have we ever looked more small time?
Shit pitch? Fine. No worries.
Ploughed field and dodging the potato sproutlings? Fuck dat

But apparently we should pay for it to be fixed or relaid...
Surely any pro club has three essentials: team, stadium and pitch. Personally, I think it's pretty negligent for the pitch to be like that and the fa should intervene....fucking disgrace! As I said earlier, I'd rather play on dog shite, beer can, used needle filled local park pitch.

Indeed, bad, bobly pitches is one thing. But that's a dangerous pitch. The studs would simply not stick on the ground. The entire surface is like Southampton's penalty spot of last season and all kinds of injuries can happen when feet are giving way like that.

Indeed, bad, bobly pitches is one thing. But that's a dangerous pitch. The studs would simply not stick on the ground. The entire surface is like Southampton's penalty spot of last season and all kinds of injuries can happen when feet are giving way like that.

How do you know it’s dangerous? Pure conjecture.

Fucking hell. If we make the semi-finals we’re playing at home. If we make the final we’re playing at home, but some people are bleating that we’ve got to play one game on a dodgy pitch? You’re making us look ridiculous. I’m guessing Liverpool would like to be playing the next round on a shit pitch, but they’re not - they’re fucking out.

This is our best opportunity to win the cup in years, but if it happens it will be undermined by the wider footballing public. Cup wins don’t convince anyone, unless it’s of the CL variety, and that’s what we should be prioritising.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom