FA CUP 2017/18

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Already excited about this one. Obviously they have players that should be respected, and it’s hardly going to be a walk in the park, but we have absolutely no reason whatsoever to fear them.

Our win at Wembley was one of the most one-sided games of the season, and we’ve improved since then. We’ll need to be on it, and strangely enough that’s more likely to be the case against United than either Chelsea (emotional baggage) or Southampton (complacency).

Just please for the love of Satan don’t lose another FA Cup semi-final.

Brilliant reading all the comments from Spurs fans obviously not from London, mocking Newport.

I've most likely been to your current home more times than the majority of posters on here to watch County, still, when we dump you out of the FA Cup you'll all know where little old Newport is.

You heard it here first, one of the biggest FA Cup upsets is on the cards.

I've been to Rodney Parade hundreds of times, mainly to watch the dragons.

It's a fucking shithole, and so is Newport (most people who live there will readily admit this).

FA cup upset my arse you fat fucking bastard.

Just nicked this off the Newport County forum

Mike Flynn, Pochettino, Guardiola, Mourinho and Wenger in the pub.

Guardiola buys a round of sangrias and they all enjoy a drink.

Then Mourinho goes to the bar and buys a round of red wines.

Next Pochettino goes up and buys a round of champagne because he's a classy guy.

When it's Flynn's turn he buys 4 beers, takes one himself and passes the others to Guardiola, Pochettino and Mourinho.

Wenger sayes, "Excusez moi, Monsieur Flynn, but where is my beer?"

Flynn says, "Sorry Arsene but this is the 4th round and you're not in it!"

P.S For those of you that don't know, Flynn is the NCFC manager.

I'm apprehensive, Maureen can bore the pants off a vicar and get a result . We are better but he' knows how to get over the line .
If there is justice then the team of the people will destroy those glory hunting sycophants and then that ugly bent corupt turd of club in west London .
It's not going to be easy.

By all means, anyone who supports their local club deserves respect.

Newport is a tough working class city and always has been, plenty of social deprivation but then Tottenham isn't exactly the nicest of areas is it?

That's why I find it hilarious reading some whopper posting that walking down an area of newport you're likely to get stabbed or pick up a prostitute, obviously missing the irony that the areas around WHL are equally, if not more, shite - but then I doubt fans like that have experienced football past playing FIFA or watching Sky sports news from their arm chairs.

I hope you put out a decent side and show respect for the competition and Newport, because we deserve it.

Never write anyone off in the FA Cup, do so at your peril.

Oi, fuck stick.

It was me who mentioned pill and the likliehood of getting knifed, and if you knew Newport, you'd say the same.

I'd say exactly the same about areas by WHL too, but we were discussing playing Newport away so it wasn't particularly relevant.

You have no idea how many games I've been to, or what kind of fan I am, but I tell you what sunshine, mug me off like that again, I'll meet you in the 'port and bottle yer teeth straight out yer gob. Got it? Good.

Feel free to get the fuck off our forum now...not sure why you think it's acceptable to sign onto opposition forums you armchair arsehole.

Given that I have 431 points, so just missed out, (and I go to any game I can a ticket to) the fact that some absolute c****s are selling tickets on is more than a disgrace.

**Long post alert**

Just went looking though all our semi finals we've played and saw a real random coincidence

W Spurs 4-0 West Brom. Villa Park 1901
W Spurs 2-1 PNE. Hillsborough 1921
L PNE 2-1 Spurs. Hillsborough 1922
L Blackpool 3-1 Spurs. Villa Park 1948
L Blackpool 2-1 Spurs. Villa Park 1953
L Man City 1-0 Spurs. Villa Park 1956
W Spurs 3-0 Burnley. Villa Park 1961
W Spurs 3-1 Man United. Hillsborough 1962
W Spurs 2-1 Notts Forest. Hillsborough 1967
W Spurs 2-0 Leicester City. Villa Park 1982
W Spurs 4-1 Watford. Villa Park 1987
W Spurs 3-1 Woolwich. Wembley 1991
L Asrenal 1-0 Spurs. Wembley 1993
L Everton 4-1 Spurs. Wembley 1995
L Newcastle 2-0 Spurs. Wembley 1999
L Woolwich 2-1 Spurs. Old Trafford 2001
L Portsmouth 2-0 Spurs. Wembley 2010
L Chelsea 5-1 Spurs. Wembley 2012
L Chelsea 4-2 Spurs. Wembley 2017

19 semi finals played
8 drawn as the "home" team - 8 wins
11 drawn as the "away" team - 11 losses

EDIT: Ignore the home away bollocks as alexwooty alexwooty pointed out they've listed the winner 1st, I'm off back to bed. Fucking Mondays

Last edited:
Am I right in thinking that the last semi we won was against Woolwich in 1991.......good grief, I was married, two dress sizes smaller and didn't need the Clairol back then!!!

DTCtPdjVwAAgfgb.jpg

Oi, fuck stick.

It was me who mentioned pill and the likliehood of getting knifed, and if you knew Newport, you'd say the same.

I'd say exactly the same about areas by WHL too, but we were discussing playing Newport away so it wasn't particularly relevant.

You have no idea how many games I've been to, or what kind of fan I am, but I tell you what sunshine, mug me off like that again, I'll meet you in the 'port and bottle yer teeth straight out yer gob. Got it? Good.

Feel free to get the fuck off our forum now...not sure why you think it's acceptable to sign onto opposition forums you armchair arsehole.

Ironsider beware cretinousgoat cretinousgoat is our top boy, pure lunatic like

I live in Rotherhithe Village, anyone who sorts me an away ticket if it's Millwall can pre drink at mine. Locals not bad either, right on the Thames. Just saying.

"Rotherhithe Village" hahaha! Blimey has everywhere in London been renamed by hipsters since I left in 2010!

Back
Top Bottom