Exciting New Synergies vs Global Brand, Thursday 27 April, 20:15h GMT

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

...it doesn't matter what formation we play - we don't have the midfield quality to compete at this level - this has been a problem since the last days of Poch...

COYS

Defense (inc. GK) and coaching is the fundamental problem.

Skipp
Sarr
Biss
Bentancur
PEH
Kulu
Danjuma
Richy
Perisc
Lucas
Son
Kane

......is a good enough pool to put together a decent front 5 or 6.

Defense (inc. GK) and coaching is the fundamental problem.

Skipp
Sarr
Biss
Bentancur
PEH
Kulu
Danjuma
Richy
Perisc
Lucas
Son
Kane

......is a good enough pool to put together a decent front 5 or 6.
Eh, in certain tactical setups.

There's a collective lack of creativity there. If you have talented attacking wingbacks bombing up the flanks (as this squad is designed to do) it can work.

But that group could never play a 4-3-3 Guardiola kind of game, there just isn't enough passing ability.

Eh, in certain tactical setups.

There's a collective lack of creativity there. If you have talented attacking wingbacks bombing up the flanks (as this squad is designed to do) it can work.

But that group could never play a 4-3-3 Guardiola kind of game, there just isn't enough passing ability.

"Defense (inc. GK) and coaching is the fundamental problem.

......[that list] is a good enough pool to put together a decent front 5 or 6."

The claim wasn't that it would be elite.

Highlighted are all very much key to my point (regardless of the conversational loop about creative MFs, Conte had us scoring for fun last season)........ And I"m talking about the here and now(*). We're a million miles away from worrying if we can play pep-ball or not.

(*Of course things can be tweaked, flipped and improved with a new gaffa and signings.)

And yet considering hiring Vincent Kompany as manager.

Anyway, I don't care who the manager is, we need a creative engine in midfield. What's plan B when Leicester demand a fee Levy won't pay for James Maddison?

"And I"m talking about the here and now"

.......No new signings and no Kompany before the summer.

Assuming Maddison has a 50m pricetag; assuming we won't pay that isn't justified.

Praying for a draw, expecting a loss. More optimisic with having Forster in goal, think he will be very keen to prove himself. Lots of injuries for Utd too... its the hope that kills you.

Playing with a back 4 is almost impossible due to injuries.

For RB, you either have tanganga or Sanchez/Romero but you need them at CB or you have to play dier. Then there’s basically no left back unless you play tanganga there and I’m not exactly high on him.

So trying to make a back 4 without dier means something like porro-Sanchez-Romero-tanganga and then you probably have to have one of your 3 mids help porro out because he can’t defend.

Fuck this shit.

Other option is having porro play RW.

Playing with a back 4 is almost impossible due to injuries.

For RB, you either have tanganga or Sanchez/Romero but you need them at CB or you have to play dier. Then there’s basically no left back unless you play tanganga there and I’m not exactly high on him.

So trying to make a back 4 without dier means something like porro-Sanchez-Romero-tanganga and then you probably have to have one of your 3 mids help porro out because he can’t defend.

Fuck this shit.

Other option is having porro play RW.

Romero or even Dier as a sitting RB with Perisic as the attacking LB might not be as bad it looks.

Back
Top Bottom