Exciting New Synergies vs Global Brand, Thursday 27 April, 20:15h GMT

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This is silly. Your defiance of the facts is dependent on us having better players then are currently in the squad.

.....Neither here nor there in this context.
You do have a blindspot when it comes to how horribly Dier affects us. So guess theres no point debating with you on this.

You do have a blindspot when it comes to how horribly Dier affects us. So guess theres no point debating with you on this.

Not in the slightest....... (Weak diversion, mate)

Show me the back 4 you think should have been played.

Not in the slightest....... (Weak diversion, mate)

Show me the back 4 you think should have been played.
From our squad I'd go with Emerson Romero Lenglet Davies, but 3 of them were injured. So starting a 4 when we havent in a long time with dickheads like Dier and Perisic . vs a clearly better team wasnt the best idea. Should have waited until a few of them were fit to play.

From the fit players, even Tanganga at LB would have been a better choice than old man Perisic. And almost every CB we have would be a better choice than Dier in a 4 who only doesnt look as bad in a 5 because the other 2 CBs take care of the defense while he stands and points. Now playing this idiot as one of the only 2 CBs..of course no one wanted that. His 'defending' for some of those goals were criminal.

Its not a weak diversion at all, you've always had trouble realising how terrible Dier is . Its forgivable as its not just you, there's a handful of others who think we should reward Dier with a new contract while ignoring his years of shitness.

From our squad I'd go with Emerson Romero Lenglet Davies, but 3 of them were injured. So starting a 4 when we havent in a long time with dickheads like Dier and Perisic . vs a clearly better team wasnt the best idea. Should have waited until a few of them were fit to play.

From the fit players, even Tanganga at LB would have been a better choice than old man Perisic. And almost every CB we have would be a better choice than Dier in a 4 who only doesnt look as bad in a 5 because the other 2 CBs take care of the defense while he stands and points. Now playing this idiot as one of the only 2 CBs..of course no one wanted that. His 'defending' for some of those goals were criminal.

Its not a weak diversion at all, you've always had trouble realising how terrible Dier is . Its forgivable as its not just you, there's a handful of others who think we should reward Dier with a new contract while ignoring his years of shitness.

It is, because you're just dragging it away the simple point of contention; which is whether we should have been playing a 3 or 4 CBs (either y'day or previously this season).....

.......And the best you can came up with is 3 players yet to be deemed fit enough to start. 3 players whom in a previous convo you've insisted are just as shit as Dier. Lenglet in a 2 would get destroyed too. The simple fact is we have no 2 CBs good enough to play as a duo and (as argued all season), y'day proved that dropping a CB would open the floodgates.

(The "You love Dier" strawman doesn't vindicate anything that is at play here.).

...it doesn't matter what formation we play - we don't have the midfield quality to compete at this level - this has been a problem since the last days of Poch...

COYS

If Davies is back then a back 4 is probably on the cards, with it becoming a back 3 when we attack allowing Porro to get forward.

Forster
Porro - Romero - Lenglet - Davies
Skipp - Sarr
Danjuma - Deki - Son
Kane
I'd be happy to see Danjuma in the 10 and Richarlison outwide. Deki has been poor for weeks now.

If Davies is back then a back 4 is probably on the cards, with it becoming a back 3 when we attack allowing Porro to get forward.

Forster
Porro - Romero - Lenglet - Davies
Skipp - Sarr
Danjuma - Deki - Son
Kane
I'd be happy to see Danjuma in the 10 and Richarlison outwide. Deki has been poor for weeks now.
Not bad but Porro was shown to be so poor at defending I'd put Sanchez there - who didn't do too bad when he came on - or Tanganga

...it doesn't matter what formation we play - we don't have the midfield quality to compete at this level - this has been a problem since the last days of Poch...

COYS
Well a midfield 3 from bentancur, skipp, bissouma, sarr plus a new signing hopefully isnt too bad. Sell peh to make room for new creative midfielder

Why is there so much negativity?
Have a look on ticket exchange for a consensus

I hope the draining little bald runt casts his eye to see what coming when ST renewals hit as there are probably upwards of 15K tickets available - 25%

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom