Everton - Spurs - Feb 3rd - 12:30pm KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Putting Gill in to preserve a 1 goal lead?

:ange-bored2:
Very very very strange decision , I would have preferred to bring Royale on and push Porro up higher , still we got sucker punched with a set piece , what annoys me more is we knew exactly what their game plan would be yet we still let them beat us on 2 set pieces!

2-2 is a result that’s useless in a title race but a point towards a top 5 finish.
To concede in added time a crying shame.

Must do better. Hopefully some lessons are learnt.

On the bright side it could have been worse. We didn’t lose.

My glass remains half full.
3 winnable home games next, if we end up with 13 points (Brentford, today, BHA, Wolves and Palace) from 15 it’s a good return and may see us 3rd

So, we won on wednesday and not one comment from the massive Spurs fan John Thomas John Thomas , we didn't win today and to my utter amazement, up he pops quoting Spursy and other negative comments.
I don't care what any of you say, he is not at all predictable and is a really good fan of the club.. Not one bit embarrassing.:levylol:

Some of these comments are bordering ridiculous we had a ropey away game against a team that history has proven to be difficult opponents for us more often than not a draw has been a credible result no matter who the coach/manager is…….todays result imo was half expected Everton are fighting for their lives to stay in the league was always going to be hard going, we all know how we’re going to play and set up its not a surprise some games we will get away with it, some we won’t, we were fortunate in midweek……new coach, completely new team been situation for 7 months and has played what 26 competitive games won roughly half, lost 6 or 7 two of them were cup games! FFS get a grip what do you want the clown we had last year FUCK THAT.

What kind of fluff is this???

Seriously......?

A goal which came from Werner > Udogie > Maddison who produces a lovely bit bit of skill to set up a shot for Richy (from inside the area!) is a less credible goalscoring opportunity than pushing the keeper over to produce a bumble or Romero nearly scoring an OG off a misplaced header???????

Mate.... Time to put the stats and waffle down and trust your eyes.
I never said it was “less credible.” It’s objectively harder to score an 18 yard curler top corner than it is to score a 2 yard tap in. Ricky’s second is a beautiful goal. That doesn’t mean it’s a more quality opportunity than Brathwaithe’s. Everton’s second is scored about 98/100 times. Richy’s is scored probably 5-10/100 times.

Everything I’ve mentioned is from my eye test. I simply looked up the xG after you started aimlessly claiming shots in the 2nd half meant we dominated them. Not all shots are created equally. The stats back up my eye test.

So, we won on wednesday and not one comment from the massive Spurs fan John Thomas John Thomas , we didn't win today and to my utter amazement, up he pops quoting Spursy and other negative comments.
I don't care what any of you say, he is not at all predictable and is a really good fan of the club.. Not one bit embarrassing.:levylol:
Clearly a gooner troll that needs adding to everyone’s ignore list!

Soon enough he’ll be picking an argument with himself as no one else will reply! 😂

What meltdown?
All I'm seeing is people who are angry and pissed at the way we bottled it, getting angry and upset with other posters for being angry and pissed with the way we bottled it :thumbdown:
I think if people read our comments as having a meltdown then they are very dramatic & need to learn the meaning of the word. We were calmly saying that top is our ultimate goal with no realistic chance of winning it. Throwing the cups to help qualify for the CL & so on.

I’m interested to see how Anges first season will compare to that of Klopps, Peps and Lego head - also with Poch.
Add into the fact we also sold Kane in the summer I think he is over exceeding expectations, not making excuses for him but losing Kane was massive and I think a lot (myself included ) bought into the hype at the start of the season and expected that to carry on!
He is doing much better than all 3. I thought top 6 would be good but I think he will beat that. With the league being dodgy this year , it’s such a shame we didn’t match kanes ambitions as the league would be on & I think we would be top now.

3 winnable home games next, if we end up with 13 points (Brentford, today, BHA, Wolves and Palace) from 15 it’s a good return and may see us 3rd

Put it elsewhere we have to win all our home games. It’s not even up for debate.

Liverpool, Villa, Newcastle, West Ham and Chelsea.

5 tough away games to come. Those 15 points will be where our final placing will be decided.

He is doing much better than all 3. I thought top 6 would be good but I think he will beat that. With the league being dodgy this year , it’s such a shame we didn’t match kanes ambitions as the league would be on & I think we would be top now.
I think We would be top if we didn’t lose Maddison and VDV

Some of these comments are bordering ridiculous we had a ropey away game against a team that history has proven to be difficult opponents for us more often than not a draw has been a credible result no matter who the coach/manager is…….todays result imo was half expected Everton are fighting for their lives to stay in the league was always going to be hard going, we all know how we’re going to play and set up its not a surprise some games we will get away with it, some we won’t, we were fortunate in midweek……new coach, completely new team been situation for 7 months and has played what 26 competitive games won roughly half, lost 6 or 7 two of them were cup games! FFS get a grip what do you want the clown we had last year FUCK THAT.
We’ve lost once to Everton in the league since 2012 and that was a 0-1 home defeat in September 2020.

We haven’t lost at Goodison in the league in 12 years. That is our 5th consecutive draw at Goodison though. Haven’t won there since the 2-6 just before Christmas 2018.

I think We would be top if we didn’t lose Maddison and VDV
Yeah it really was there for the taking. The last 2 years I keep thinking the top teams will be better than they turn out to be. & you get a surprise team like Brighton or villa this season. Oh & I also had luton down as getting one of the lowest points total. They have been really good considering the resources.

Back
Top Bottom