Everton - Spurs - Feb 3rd - 12:30pm KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think the only change will be Sarr in for Skipp from last nights starting 11.
Johnson and Hojbjerg coming off the bench was a great decision and might be useful again.
Also love the fact when we need to shut up shop he brings on Dragusin and we end up with a back 3 on the ball and a 5 without it.
Tough game for us but any win there will be good due to how quick it comes after last night.
Radu did two phases in which he showed the Italian defense school. Super defense, sportsman, cancellation of the opponent within the sports limit. Bravo to him! is the player who leads the defense.

Excuse Me Wow GIF by Mashable

Been a problem for years!

How many have conceded vs scored from set pieces?

And saying “years” when half our starting 11 is playing their first prem season? It’s fucking waffle you are chatting.

Ha. Yeah an endless cycle of trophy dodging but it seems to be what the fan base want. League cup every 25 years or so is plenty.
Throw in modern fans preferring top 4 over trophies which suits greedy owners like ours.
I agree the prioritising top 4 to then bow out of all the cups to prioritise qualifying for it again makes no sense to me either. But that’s modern football. I’d prefer to actually win stuff but that’s very low on our list of priorities.

And if we reach that goal, we'll probably bow out early so we can concentrate on...............Qualifying for the Champions League

:moursad:
Execpt that when we've been in the CL we've only once gone out "Early" or before christmas and it was the very first time we were in it.

nice try though JT, when in the CL we've never not tried to win games.

What meltdown?
All I'm seeing is people who are angry and pissed at the way we bottled it, getting a ngry and upset with other posters for being angry and pissed with the way we bottled it :thumbdown:

So you didn’t use this draw as an excuse to bleat on about the entire club having a losing SPURSY mentality and nauseate us all into hearing your same agenda instead of just talking about the game?

Could have sworn that’s what you did. Came off a lot like a whiny meltdown as well.

Far better to look at, sure.

The vast majority of goals are scored inside the 6 yard box and especially inside the penalty box. Richy’s second is a statistical outlier.

They had several shots/headers in and around the 6 yard box.

Possession doesn’t always win matches, possession and creation does. We need to do more with our possession and I suspect as Maddison and Bentancur get healthy, Bissouma and Son return, and Sarr is back in the fold, we will get back to creating a hell of a lot more than we did today.

What kind of fluff is this???

Seriously......?

A goal which came from Werner > Udogie > Maddison who produces a lovely bit bit of skill to set up a shot for Richy (from inside the area!) is a less credible goalscoring opportunity than pushing the keeper over to produce a bumble or Romero nearly scoring an OG off a misplaced header???????

Mate.... Time to put the stats and waffle down and trust your eyes.

I’m interested to see how Anges first season will compare to that of Klopps, Peps and Lego head - also with Poch.
Add into the fact we also sold Kane in the summer I think he is over exceeding expectations, not making excuses for him but losing Kane was massive and I think a lot (myself included ) bought into the hype at the start of the season and expected that to carry on!

Back
Top Bottom