Everton - Spurs - Feb 3rd - 12:30pm KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don’t think we can be too critical of Johnson and Werner. They got no ball from the defensive unit or midfield. Udogie kept taking an extra touch r delayed the pass too long.
I don’t think we deserved to win it today but we should have seen it out. That is a worry.

With so many of our own fans burying their heads in the sand every time we throw points away in such a soft bellied fashion I think this club fully deserves the 'Spursy' tag we've been saddled with....

Happy Clappers. = .The enemy of Ambition and the harbingers of Mediocrity

Strange though as we started the season so well and not conceding , now we leak a lot!
It's also strange because people were saying how Dier was the problem and we needed Romero back.

I was never really happy with the defence, even when we were beating Man United 2-0 at home, because you could see another team could punish us.

I'm not joking when I say all of our games could've finished 2-2 this season and it is the most likely score.

Don't blame Ange, or tactics, or high line, or Hoijberg, or Harry Winks(!) This one's on me...

When Ange brought on Dragusin on 88, I genuinely thought to myself; "thank fuck we finally have a player and an option to finally see a game out ..."

5 minutes later.... Boom!

I have a feeling Radu will see a few reds and concede a few pens in his Spurs career with that 'no nonsense style'
...we're not allowed to have a player like that without getting regularly punished for it...
Exhibit A: Romero!

200w.gif

That’s you

Oooh poor me, my football team didn’t win, we are terrible, we always have been, we always will be. It’s all ……..’s fault.

Why is life so unfair on me

Then we need to adapt amd quickly. But there is an argument that all teams have a style of play, so not quite sure it holds-up.

We just need to be better but 4th is proof of a lot more right and not combated than the opposite.
Yes but some styles of play have distinct weaknesses. Anges works if you have clinical forwards that allow you to concede a few goals. If you're wasteful and going to concede that many chances then you are going to come unstuck. We rode our luck a hell of a lot at the start of the season but we were sticking the ball in the back of the net 3 4 or 5 times. Once son is back that may rectify the problem somewhat however right wing is the biggest issue as Johnson or kulusevski are not going to provide enough.

Don't blame Ange, or tactics, or high line, or Hoijberg, or Harry Winks(!) This one's on me...

When Ange brought on Dragusin on 88, I genuinely thought to myself; "thank fuck we finally have a player and an option to finally see a game out ..."

5 minutes later.... Boom!

I have a feeling Radu will see a few reds and concede a few pens in his Spurs career with that 'no nonsense style'
...we're not allowed to have a player like that without getting regularly punished for it...
Exhibit A: Romero!

He needs to adapt and get used to the league, which probably means learning the hard way unfortunately

It's also strange because people were saying how Dier was the problem and we needed Romero back.

I was never really happy with the defence, even when we were beating Man United 2-0 at home, because you could see another team could punish us.

I'm not joking when I say all of our games could've finished 2-2 this season and it is the most likely score.
But both goals were from set pieces, thing is we know a Dyche Everton live for set pieces - the team is still a bit naive if you ask me but then it’s not even a full season of Ange yet - how did Klopp and Pepp fare in there first seasons?
As long as we learn from games like today I’m confident we are heading in the right direction

Worked us out as in you can foul the keeper on a corner and block him out the way and score a goal?
Regardless of why some say , if Ange makes top 4 this season after losing Kane that’s a great season, yes I know the game is about trophies but let’s be honest most of us , myself included were thinking a top half finish would be successful!
Edit - Also Sarr or Bissouma help with more cover for the fullbacks
If we get top 4 then for this season that's a success from where we were 100%. I still want to see our manager and players improve tactically and a lot of the same issues are arising right now keep happening week in week out which is a concern for me.

I’d like to see us work on two things. First, initial distribution from the goalkeeper. He rolls it across to one of ours who is surrounded by attackers and then we push it across to the defender on the other side who also has attackers close; then he gets tackled and only just recovers to move the ball upfield. All unnecessarily dangerous.
Secondly, as we try to move the ball upfield, we so easily lose possession, we far too often don’t even get out of our half.
A lot of that went on today and it’s just not good for my heart health!

Back
Top Bottom