Everton - Spurs - Feb 3rd - 12:30pm KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

But both goals were from set pieces, thing is we know a Dyche Everton live for set pieces - the team is still a bit naive if you ask me but then it’s not even a full season of Ange yet - how did Klopp and Pepp fare in there first seasons?
As long as we learn from games like today I’m confident we are heading in the right direction
If I was Ange I'd bring in a goalkeeping coach for Vicario who can help him defend set pieces more. I watched a podcast with the old Rangers goalkeeper Andy Goram (RIP). He basically said he needed a coach to help him come for the ball sometimes due to him being shorter than most goalkeepers.

But overall I don't think we are learning to defend as a club, set pieces or not. It was set pieces today, but tomorrow it will be passing incorrectly in our own half against a team who does the basics in pressing.

Last season we moaned how we played. Were playing expansive modern football like we did under poch. Im happy with our style of play. We lost kane ffs. Were in good health. It was always a free hit seaaon after the last two dinosaurs who ruined us

If I was Ange I'd bring in a goalkeeping coach for Vicario who can help him defend set pieces more. I watched a podcast with the old Rangers goalkeeper Andy Goram (RIP). He basically said he needed a coach to help him come for the ball sometimes due to him being shorter than most goalkeepers.

But overall I don't think we are learning to defend as a club, set pieces or not. It was set pieces today, but tomorrow it will be passing incorrectly in our own half against a team who does the basics in pressing.

He only got 1 wrong and it was a blatant foul.

The only thing we can do is just start a full on fight now.

Fair result, we were poor. Apart from Richi’s finishes we showed no real quality and we’ve suddenly developed a real weakness on set pieces.

Lots to improve if we are going to end the season well. It was this time last season when we started conceding 2 goals a game, we can’t let that happen again.
Excuse Me Wow GIF by Mashable

Been a problem for years!

Vicario should have done better on both goals today. Weak on the first goal, too deep on the second. Also flapped under pressure on a couple of other corners.

Against a team like Everton obviously it makes a big difference if your keeper can dominate aerially. So we missed that.

But it's a new challenge for Vic (not something he'll have faced much in Italy). I'm sure he'll improve this.

2-2 is a result that’s useless in a title race but a point towards a top 5 finish.
To concede in added time a crying shame.

Must do better. Hopefully some lessons are learnt.

On the bright side it could have been worse. We didn’t lose.

My glass remains half full.

Just watched the highlights
first goal is a foul without any doubt, Harrison backs into Vicario and shoves him.
second goal is Vicario's fault, he really should have punched the ball, Braithwaite and anyone else that gets in his way

We play a narrow game which we currently can’t cope with. Everyon playing Long balls and have wide spaces between players.
Yes been saying that all season. When we have the ball we just look inside. No wonder the wide players never get the ball. However it doesn’t help when one of them never looks to attack the defender and just passes it back.
Anyways we leave so much space in the wide areas. I think there was an instance in 1st half where they had a player inside our box on the left in so much space. Porro was deep inside and Johnson just jogging.

Don't be sad, the football is fun, the journey with this coach will be a good one. Need an outstanding player on one of the wings and an outstanding player at 6

Porro was bang average, his passing way off.
Porro has been poor with the ball and without it for a while now. His defending has been okay but he barely registers as an inverted RB.

He's living off his first half of the season form and his undeniable energy and passion but I'd be more than happy for Emerson to start some matches and give Porro a breather and/or an attacking option from the bench. Emerson would be handy at set pieces too.

Back
Top Bottom