Everton [H] Sat 23 Dec, 3pm... oooooooh

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It was Udogie’s that was a farce. He essentially wins a shoulder to shoulder challenge, stronger than his counterpart and gets a yellow for it.

I don’t have a gripe with a foul being called but that’s never a yellow. And then that little rat Yates is out there handing out imaginary yellows to half our squad and not a peep from the ref.
Yep, Yates was doing his best hatchetman impersonation from the 1st minute. Dirty, talentless cunt of an excuse for a footballer. He got away with it after the challenge on Son. Refs feel they can allow teams to kick the utter shit out of us and let it go.

Yep, Yates was doing his best hatchetman impersonation from the 1st minute. Dirty, talentless cunt of an excuse for a footballer. He got away with it after the challenge on Son. Refs feel they can allow teams to kick the utter shit out of us and let it go.
Ange needs to call it out now, mate.
Everton are a good side. With all the suspensions I think we'll line up like this:

Vicario
Porro - Romero - Davies - Emerson
Skipp - Sarr
Johnson - Kulusevski - Son
Richarlison

After watching Skipp be great for the last 20 mins while being one down in midfield, there's no way in a million years that I'd want PEH start the next game. Udogie missing is a big, big concern though.
100%. Fuck PEH, hopeless and strangles our progressive style. At least Skipp tries to quicken the pace and turn

Yep, if we are going to play Skipp then we should play him in his best position or not at all. He was the championship player of the year in that position iirc.
He might be on last chance saloon so at least give him a chance in his best position.
I think Ange sees as PEH covering 6, and Skipp 8. Hopefully I’m wrong

Hojbjerg was good when he came on.
You say potato, I say potato eh?! 😁

If he starts vs Everton, I'll back him. Just hope he puts in a proper shift and doesn't do silly stuff like vs Newcastle. Be nice to see him get one at the other end, he's got it in him

Romero and Sarr on four yellows. I'm hoping theyre not wanting Christmas off as we'll need them against Brighton.

I'd be alot more worried if this was at Goodison - but at home, even with some players missing, we should really be getting all 3 points here.

Romero and Sarr on four yellows. I'm hoping theyre not wanting Christmas off as we'll need them against Brighton.

I'd be alot more worried if this was at Goodison - but at home, even with some players missing, we should really be getting all 3 points here.
When does the 5 game suspension cut off end? Before or after MW19?

It's not all dirty.

Two of Biss's yellows were dissent. Against Woolwich Ben White elbowed someone and it wasn't given, we ended up with two yellows from a foul and dissent. Madders has had two yellows for dissent, Son too.

Some fouls for breaking up play. It looks worse than it is. Across the games we've had nearly 50 yellows - three per game on average. It's just there's more in some games than others and we've had four reds in total, with most of the worst calls happening in the last ten games so it's fresh in the memory.

Add dissent to dives and asking refs to book opposition players. They only enforce it against the teams they don't like.

It's not an anti-Spurs agenda, they are impacting the outcomes of games all over the place by inconsistently applying the laws of the game. We can only hope that it's incompetence and not by design. I'm getting less convinced.

Last edited:
Vicario
Porro
Romero
Davies
Royal
GLC
Sarr
Deki
Johnson
Richy
Son
lineup code
[lineup]
Vicario
Porro Romero Davies Royal
GLC
Sarr Deki
Johnson Richy Son
[/lineup]

Some of you might think I'm mental but Everton will give us possession and GLC is maybe the only player that we have that can dictate from the 6 position. If not, then it has to be Skipp at the 6 for me. PEH is actually a luxury to have coming off the bench to help close out games.

Back
Top Bottom