Everton (H)- Doomsday?!

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Its time to stand up and be counted!!!
th

If we need some pace down the wings I wouldn't mind seeing McEvoy given ago.
Hopefully Lennon will make it to force Baines back down evertons left hand side.

I watched the Everton Stoke game at the weekend.

The fact that Evertons goal came from a solo piece of brilliance off of a Stoke corner says everythign you need to know.

They were shite, not ambition and very little ability.

Which of course means on Sunday they will play like Barca at their best :avbcringe:

The loss of Bale might return some balance to the team, every cloud...

His brilliance in the centre has meant other players having to adapt and play slightly out of position (Siggy, Holtby, Dembele(?)) so with him out we may find the team as a whole is more cohesive. Ultimately we do have the quality in the team to beat Everton and it would do all sorts of good for our self-esteem if we could do it without Bale. I'm confident. :avbpray:

My S11 vs Everton w/ Defoe, Lennon and Bale all likely out.

.................Ade...............
.............Dempsey............
Siggy.........Carroll..............Dembele
..............Parker......................
BAE....Vert.....Dawson........Walker
..............Lloris................

In watching the last few games, Siggy needs to stay on the left. Far more effective and moving him to the RM neutralizes his right foot for shooting purposes and doesn't have the pace to do anything up the wing.

Line up Dempsey behind Ade. Both are decent in possession and both can possibly provide an aerial impact via a quality cross. Spurs needs to play the long ball game into the box. The quality to create via possession isn't there currently which we've seen time in and time out at the lane w/ teams sitting 10 back.

Dembele out of position, but we've seen him play well in this position & can play a similar role as Siggy. Moving in for runs via possession or using his left foot for shooting or crossing into the box

Carroll wouldn't be wise vs Everton in most cases, but w/ Fellani out and the game at the Lane --> His creativity is a must in the central part of the pitch. I doubt AVB will do this, but time to get a little creative w/ the S11.

Parker can basically be a quasi CB and just have him focusing on defensive responsibilities. This will allow both Wing fullbacks to make runs and give us some width which would be needed w/ this formation and provide further service into the box.

Spurs can easily get this done w/ the right tactics and desire vs EVerton.

Seen on twitter that Mirallas is a major doubt for them too, which is a blow for them.

Everton have been very average away from home and the side that a lot of you have predicted to start for us is good enough to get 3 points on Sunday. I'd play all 3 of Dempsey, Holtby and Sigurdsson and tell them to rotate positions and take it in turns to support Adebayor. We're not going to score a huge amout of goals with the players we have missing so it's imperative we defend well and hopefully keep a clean sheet. This is certainly one of those "grind out 3 points" games.

Them being without pienaar and fellaini is a bonus, plus bale is always a bit quiet against them it seems.

Hopefully it will also gee the rest of them up a bit.

.................Ade...............
.............Dempsey............
Siggy.........Carroll..............Dembele
..............Parker......................
BAE....Vert.....Dawson........Walker
..............Lloris................

Personally, Id swap Ade and Lloris.

Nice touch putting Vertonghen up front though, and pushing the full backs up.

Also, not sure if Dawson can play the highline that far up.

I would go with this...

-----------------------------------Lloris-------------------------------------

--------------Dawson----------------------------- Vertonghen-------------

Walker-----------------------------------------------------------------B.A.E

-------------------Parker--------------------Carroll-------------------------

-----------------------------Dembele----------------------------------------

-------------------Holtby--------------------------Siggurdson---------------

--------------------------------Adebayor------------------------------------

I would go with this...

Would like to see that too alright, maybe swap Carroll and Dembele tho, be a bit more solid in the middle

Would like to see that too alright, maybe swap Carroll and Dembele tho, be a bit more solid in the middle

Yeah, I think they would have to be fluid and interchange. I see one of Carroll's strengths being his accurate passing, and that could be useful from deep. The full backs will really need to push on too. Everton lack pace and creativity so they should be able to get away with it for the most part.

I would go with this...

That's my team as well.

Holtby has good energy levels. His main role is being all fucking over Baines all fucking game. If he can deliver at few sweet passes, a good cross and a bash at goal too, then great.

As for Parker / Carroll it is quite a balance act. We know Parker quite likes to burst forward. Carroll just needs to stat back and keep taking the ball off the centre backs.

Between them, Siggy, Dembele and Adé certainly have a goal for this game. So much more if we can get a few corners or set pieces (Super Jan time).

Biggest challenge will be keeping Everton fairly quiet. Having Carroll to recycle the ball and Mirallas possibly being crooked should help doing just that.

Back
Top Bottom