Everton (H) 15 Oct - 530 KO.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

My brother in law is over in the UK from the states and he went to the game yesterday. Was very impressed with the stadium and atmosphere. I'm meeting him in Brighton on Tuesday for their game Vs forest and then he heads to anfield on Wednesday. Will be interesting to see how he thinks the atmosphere there compares to the lane.
I sat next to a bunch of very pleasant young blokes from America (Boston) yesterday. They'd been to see Brentford's win the day before and are going to Crystal Palace today. Proper got behind The Spurs, they did. Shouting for penalties, etc.
They'd paid $240 per seat, off StubHub!!!!!
The one next to me, who has seen plenty of NFL in the States, said WHL is the best stadium he's ever been to. He also liked the Brentford Community Stadium, for different reasons, of course.

I'll be fair & say I don't think there's any intent behind the use of these terms, it just seems to be part of people's vocabulary.. maybe some kind of generational gap.

Yep calling someone Joey Deacon in the playground was a thing in the 80s.

Sure my son would have no idea what I was going on about if I went and called him that.

Is it more threatening than end of last season with Doc and Kulu on the right? Felt like we were even more dangerous then for a while…. For sure if Kulu is out and Royal plays, 352 > 343 but 343 shouldn’t be discarded imo
No shouldn't be discarded. But I think the advantage of Kulusevski is that he has a football brain.

He can fit into a 352. You could play him in the 2 up top as he had done for Sweden.

You could play 3412 using him as AM.

It's pretty easy to fit him in to other systems. We don't exclusively have to play 343 just to accommodate him.

Don't log onto Twitter then in that case, they all think he's a diving cheat and it was never a pen...
haters gonna hate GIF

I sat next to a bunch of very pleasant young blokes from America (Boston) yesterday. They'd been to see Brentford's win the day before and are going to Crystal Palace today. Proper got behind The Spurs, they did. Shouting for penalties, etc.
They'd paid $240 per seat, off StubHub!!!!!
The one next to me, who has seen plenty of NFL in the States, said WHL is the best stadium he's ever been to. He also liked the Brentford Community Stadium, for different reasons, of course.
My brother in law says he had spent close to 2000 dollars before landing in the country, tickets, flights, accommodation. Hadn't paid for a car rental, food and drinks yet! He wasn't impressed when I told him my return flights from Dublin cost less than 18 euro
:dierno:

It’s weird on the penalty. Pickford knew it was a penalty and thumped the ground. Everton defence knew it was a penalty and didn’t object to it. But apparently all the Woolwich supporters sitting at home with only their crisps and cans of Fosters for company, know better.

That's a bit of an unfair assessment of Arse fans.

You know most of them can't afford crisps

Why are Everton getting praise, just because they had 2 chances?
Are they really that bad that 2 chances created equates to progress?
Fat guts has registered 8 wins in 28 games but is getting applause for taking the club in the right direction.

I don’t get it, he is useless and they are useless, 2 chances created doesn’t change that.
How bad have they become to think yesterday was a positive and progress?

If Everton keep up this rate of points won; they will narrowly escape relegation with 41.

Well have to say, richy going off made the difference, bissoma was outstanding. Kept the ball flowing, was accurate in his passing won his battles even when 2nd fav and allowed Hoj and Bents to play a bit more - I actually really enjoyed a lot of the 2nd half. Onwards and hopefully upwards

No shouldn't be discarded. But I think the advantage of Kulusevski is that he has a football brain.

He can fit into a 352. You could play him in the 2 up top as he had done for Sweden.

You could play 3412 using him as AM.

It's pretty easy to fit him in to other systems. We don't exclusively have to play 343 just to accommodate him.
Agree but we aren’t dropping Kane or Son. Personally think he would be class RWB. I know he’s left footed but he can go inside and out and is v comfortable. Agree AM. Brilliant player

But you'd be wanting it to be more exciting and sexy wouldn't you?
Like being married to your second choice...you'd always want the sexier more attractive first choice 🤣
Yeah but you don’t always get what you want in life……sometimes you’ve just to settle for what you do get

Missed the 2 Frankfurt matches and Brighton game as been away and the first half yesterday wasnt great. The control we had in the 2nd half though was top class. Not amazing silky football but we created chances and they couldnt lay a glove on us, albeit they are a lacking up front. Bissouma helps massively and allows the wing backs further forward. Very encouraging.

Why are Everton getting praise, just because they had 2 chances?
Are they really that bad that 2 chances created equates to progress?
Fat guts has registered 8 wins in 28 games but is getting applause for taking the club in the right direction.

I don’t get it, he is useless and they are useless, 2 chances created doesn’t change that.
How bad have they become to think yesterday was a positive and progress?
Yeh , we gifted them two chances , they created zilch them selves . Thought they were piss poor

Last edited:
I watched the game in the pub last night, some moron at the table beside me said that's never a penalty. I told him it's a penalty without a doubt all day long. It's tragic how many people watch football but are fucking clueless
If it wasn’t a penalty , I’m sure Pickford would have been giving the ref some shit . He knew it was !

Great performance and result yesterday, but what a fucking shitshow today - all 3 of our most hated (relevant) rivals outplayed (how often does that happen?), and yet all 3 come away with 3 points. :(

Back
Top Bottom