Everton (H) 15 Oct - 530 KO.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Good morning from Frankfurt am Main.
I hope that I won't get on your nerves with my guest writing in your forum!

Will be going to the Waldstadion later and watch my team's game at 14:30 GMT.

Then go home and watch your game against Everton at 17:30!
I'm looking forward to it and keep my fingers crossed! (The continent is a Spurs fan, so to speak!😄)

Best regards home win against Leverkusen and home win against Everton!

:coys:

Can everyone wind their neck in please, no-one is coming out with credit in these exchanges. For Pete's sake, we won, goodness knows what insults would have been bandied about if we'd lost. Thank you.

Nothing like a spurs home win on Saturday to bring everyone together

200.gif

Just got home - my overall impression was that we were noticeably better today. Passing was crisp & accurate. No weaknesses at all and we dominated for most of the game. Really enjoyed it. Hope Richarlison's okay.

Well done, Spurs.

I have no idea why this pisses me off so much but the whole NBC crew in America are going on about how we can’t keep getting away with playing “this” way.

Now I know we haven’t been great in quite a few games but we had 21 shot attempts, over 60% possession and kept Everton to 0.00 xG in the second half. I, for one, hope we play “this” way every week.

Guys,

when you engage in person posts of insulting others, as well as wasting your own time arguing with some stranger on the internet, consider that everyone else has to read through your inane non match related posts too, and we don't give a fuck.

give the cunt offs a rest.

We managed that game so much better than we usually do.

That second half was our best 45 minutes of football this season.

All down to Bissouma coming on, enabling us to control the game much better, push a midfielder forward from a deeper, un marked positions to support build up when pushing for the first goal, and then completely controlling the game at 1-0 instead of shrinking back, relinquishing control and hanging on for dear life, we were able to always have a passing option, keep the ball, completely starve them of any momentum.

Just to add to this, credit to Conte for making the Bissouma sub, it would have been easy to just bring on a like for like attacking sub (Moura/Gil) and stick with his 343 format, and to some swiping out an "attacker" for a CM might have seemed a retrograde decision, but it was actually a tactically smart move that allowed us to play higher, get the ball wider, get the two lateral midfielders pivoting forward off Bissouma and create harder to pick up runs from deeper.

And then when we got the goal it allowed us to keep possession much better and starve them of the ball - and create more chances by pulling them about.

I really hope we see more of this format now, with more coached application of controlled possession game management, instead of the limp bollocks we've had for much of this season.

And stats back it up. Unlike most weeks where we allow way too many shots, Everton didn't have a second half shot for the first time in 6 years.

We looked like a decent team second half today, we've been looking like a Bus Park Harry Kane team for most of the season.

Last week first half at Brighton with the CM3 we also showed positive signs of playing higher and more aggressively.

Hope Conte sticks with this now.

Last edited:
Hard fought win against a team who were only interested in defending, apart from the odd breakaway. Didn't really relax until we got the second, but well deserved three points.
Another polished performance from Hot Rod, and impressed with Yves' contribution. Though Matt played well too.
Good to see Nutter-Naylor Nutter-Naylor and Shades Shades before the game.

My brother in law is over in the UK from the states and he went to the game yesterday. Was very impressed with the stadium and atmosphere. I'm meeting him in Brighton on Tuesday for their game Vs forest and then he heads to anfield on Wednesday. Will be interesting to see how he thinks the atmosphere there compares to the lane.

Back
Top Bottom