European Super League OFF; Spurs face withdrawal fee

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Do you support the European Super League

• Total voters
Why do I see an AFC Tottenham of a similarly named club showing up before long now?

Well done Daniel Levy, you officially just killed our club.

That shiny new stadium you just built? May as well tear it down because no true Spurs fan will want anything to do with this club now.

Call it an overreaction, call it what you want.
I remember jokingly talking with Flav about a Hotspur of Tottenham FC around the Stratford debacle (another indicator of ENIC's mindset)

Fuck me, that hadn't even crossed my mind. Holy shit we've lucked out with regards to dragging our heels getting that over the line. Assuming these plans go forward the naming rights value just increased overnight.
I think he's been holding out for Bezos or Amazon to make a move for it. Maybe been in the works since the documentary. Wouldn't surprise me if they had a pre agreement based on the formation of the league now that Im writing this all down

If this happens, which is still a doubt despite any official statement, Levy basically doubled the value of the club and significantly increased the value of sponsorship rights.
And probably doubled our wage cap, season tickets prices, the cost of a shirt, just about everything else with our brand......This (if it happens) is a sad day for the history of football......
We can’t even compete in English football let alone some elite mid week european league.....who the fuck has any appetite for this?

Even the proposed format is shit - you play 18 games, could finish 5th and still win it! What a load of boring bollocks. If anything even remotely happens like this in the near future I'm fucking done.

Genuine question. Is this the darkest day in the history of our club? Even worse than the relegations etc.?
We're going to find out. Frankly, I would rather be relegated. Which could happen.

Does any one know how pints deduction works the middle of the season?

Would mean Leicester are first and West Ham are second

We haven't earnt it, it will be dull, we will never win it (if anyone cares) and we can't get out of it. Purgatory. But a lot of very rich men will get even richer. Sod tradition, generations of fans going to their local club, theres money to be made. If anyone is deluded to think these games won't be partly played in America and China then i've got a bridge to sell you.

And probably doubled our wage cap, season tickets prices, the cost of a shirt, just about everything else with our brand......This (if it happens) is a sad day for the history of football......
We can’t even compete in English football let alone some elite mid week european league.....who the fuck has any appetite for this?
No need to pass costs off to supporters. Not saying he won't, but there's no need, not anymore.

Not defending Levy but his hand was forced. I don't like it but I understand why he did it.

Yeah, I suppose you're right.

Still feels like a bit of a bombshell though. I honestly don't know what to think.
I'm a big boxing fan and the biggest grossing fight in boxing history involved a UFC caricature of a man, world champions fight on the undercards of youtubers and the biggest fight in British boxing history is set to be announced in Saudi Arabia, nothing surprises me in sport anymore, if it sells it's sold to the highest bidder morals go out the window.

Even the proposed format is shit - you play 18 games, could finish 5th and still win it! What a load of boring bollocks. If anything even remotely happens like this in the near future I'm fucking done.
It's that shitty American play off system. This actually pisses me off than the greed element, letting Americans decide the competition format.

Back
Top Bottom