European Super League OFF; Spurs face withdrawal fee

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Do you support the European Super League

• Total voters
Genuine question. Is this the darkest day in the history of our club? Even worse than the relegations etc.?

Why do I see an AFC Tottenham of a similarly named club showing up before long now?

Well done Daniel Levy, you officially just killed our club.

That shiny new stadium you just built? May as well tear it down because no true Spurs fan will want anything to do with this club now.

Call it an overreaction, call it what you want.

Big 6 could basically make the Premier League go under if they wanted.

There's no way these clubs announce this if they aren't 100% confident the domestic leagues will fall in line.
I'm not so sure.

I certainly agree that yes, of course, there would be less money involved in the PL, but there's still (and I hate the word) a 'product', without the top six teams. It would still be watched and enjoyed.

If the PL wanted to stick to their principles (ha!), then they could.

Not just more money - more money and guaranteed qualification every year because we're a founding club.

It's a concept created by greed but there's no doubt Levy's pulled off a coup in getting our name on that list.
It's probably been his plan in the long run. Makes sense why he held on to the naming rights for so long.

I wouldn't be surprised if he puts us up on the market by the end of the year

Genuine question. Is this the darkest day in the history of our club? Even worse than the relegations etc.?
From an ethical point of view, yes I'd say so.

Levy's taking a punt here hoping that this pays off in the long run, but it could still massively blow up in everyone's faces.
I'm firmly against this, but I can see where they're coming. As others have said it's better to be inside pissing out, than outside pissing in.
It's a mentality like that that fucks everyone else over though.

I'm not so sure.

I certainly agree that yes, of course, there would be less money involved in the PL, but there's still (and I hate the word) a 'product', without the top six teams. It would still be watched and enjoyed.

If the PL wanted to stick to their principles (ha!), then they could.
The TV revenue would decrease by 50-80%. None of the other teams are prepared for that loss of revenue outside of the teams that will be promoted.

Back
Top Bottom