European Super League OFF; Spurs face withdrawal fee

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Do you support the European Super League

• Total voters
It's probably been his plan in the long run. Makes sense why he held on to the naming rights for so long.

I wouldn't be surprised if he puts us up on the market by the end of the year
Fuck me, that hadn't even crossed my mind. Holy shit we've lucked out with regards to dragging our heels getting that over the line. Assuming these plans go forward the naming rights value just increased overnight.

The last thing I'll say on this is, well done Daniel Levy, Ed Woodward, Roman Abramovich, Tom Werner, Stan Kroenke & Khaldoon Al Mubarak, you officially just killed England's (currently) six biggest clubs in one day.

Why do I see an AFC Tottenham of a similarly named club showing up before long now?

Well done Daniel Levy, you officially just killed our club.

That shiny new stadium you just built? May as well tear it down because no true Spurs fan will want anything to do with this club now.

Call it an overreaction, call it what you want.
We'll get nice simple white shirts, now, won't we?

Because its all we can afford, but still, nice white shirts with no red sponsor. Right, Chairman John Thomas John Thomas ?

It's probably been his plan in the long run. Makes sense why he held on to the naming rights for so long.

I wouldn't be surprised if he puts us up on the market by the end of the year
If this happens, which is still a doubt despite any official statement, Levy basically doubled the value of the club and significantly increased the value of sponsorship rights.

This is really really bad for this club. Levy will obviously take the money and spend very little of it on players , creating more assets 'for the club' so when he sells it goes in his pocket. We will finish 20th almost every year in this new league but not get relegated. Win absolutely nothing ever. Will be top in the least netspend league.

At least we will get to watch us lose versus Real and Barca instead of Westham and Evertons.

When the UK Gov said stay in a bubble of six and don't let others join, this is NOT what they meant!
giphy.gif

Well thanks to Levy, we can now look forward to getting humiliated every season by finishing bottom of this league.

Safe to say our beloved neighbours in Red will be joining us there.

Back
Top Bottom