Europa League 2015/2016

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think, it's a very good choice.
You can stay inside, or - if the weather is fine - outside on "Alter Markt".
But if you don't like this pub you can cross "Alter Markt" and in 50ft. distance you can enter another pub, for example:
Maximilian's, Brinkhoff's No.1, Alter Markt, Stades, Gänsemarkt, Café Central, Cotton's, Thüringer.
And in the middle you can join the "mob" :)).

And when you want to go to the stadium, you can use the stations "Stadtgarten" or "Rheinoldikirche", each station 200 meters away from "Alter Markt".
You take U45 to "Stadion" or "Westfalenhallen" or U46 to "Westfalenhallen".
But, when the weather is fine you should make a little walk ( 25 - 30 minutes ) along "Hohe Strasse" directly to the stadium.
Perhaps you will meet some BVB-supporters and enter together one of the pubs on the way.

How do you think the away fans will be received? I have tickets in the home end, hope all will be easy going !

It shouldn't be the South stand ( Südtribüne = yellow wall ).
When it's on the East-, West- or North-stand it should be no problem, even if you wear your shirt and scarf.
And don't be afraid in halftime. In Dortmund fans are not divided: It's not unusual, if you meet in the toilet other colours as your own one.

P.s.: If you can tell me the section; I can tell you more.

By the way: I don't think that many people know that there is a common past: Benno Elkan, sculptor.

wikipedia:
  • Fighting Cock life size in silver gilt commissioned by Woolwich Football Club and presented to Tottenham Hotspur FC in 1950 as a gesture of friendship, for allowing them to use their ground during World War 2. A photograph of Benno Elkan with the statue appeared in the Tottenham Hotspur Matchday Programme on Sunday March 16, 2014.
Benno Elkan was a jew from Dortmund, who was a founding member of the eldest Dortmund footballclub ( 1895 ) and later on founding member of Bayern Munich. ( Even at that times Dortmund was helpfully to Bayern Munich ).

It shouldn't be the South stand ( Südtribüne = yellow wall ).
When it's on the East-, West- or North-stand it should be no problem, even if you wear your shirt and scarf.
And don't be afraid in halftime. In Dortmund fans are not divided: It's not unusual, if you meet in the toilet other colours as your own one.

P.s.: If you can tell me the section; I can tell you more.

I'm in the North stand, section 76 to be precise, I tried to get as close to the away fans as I could but I may have messed up haha! I think the row is "Ka5" but I have no idea is that right

I,ve been there too:

Believe me, in Dortmund you need climbing iron. ; )

Much worse than this?

kR0jtgX.jpg

Okay!!!
During winter-break in Germany I'm sometimes in UK to watch some matches.
I've been to West Ham, Highbury - Library, Old Trafford, Anfield and Goodison Park; next winter it must be your stadium.

Back
Top Bottom