Europa League 2015/2016

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

how likely do tickets go back on sale? I've been once this season and just renewed bronze member.. will I be notified on ticket availability?

how likely do tickets go back on sale? I've been once this season and just renewed bronze member.. will I be notified on ticket availability?
Don't think so. If I'm right there won't be any Stubhub sales for this one as it's not included on a ST.

Returns do come up on the ticketing site - it's usually made harder by the fact that people sell spares on Twitter because if you return the ticket to the club you lose the loyalty points - but with this one at only 1 LP you might be in a bit of luck. Alternatively have a browse on Twitter yourself.

I assume you're talking about the home leg btw. Away leg you'll have to look on here or Twitter for a spare. No-one will return their ticket to the club as people can make a cash profit off them and there are 5 LPs attached to it. In the unlikely event that anyone allocated a ticket returns it to the club it'll just go to the next ST holders in loyalty point order anyway.

Last edited:
Don't think so. If I'm right there won't be any Stubhub sales for this one as it's not included on a ST.

Returns do come up on the ticketing site - it's usually made harder by the fact that people sell spares on Twitter because if you return the ticket to the club you lose the loyalty points - but with this one at only 1 LP you might be in a bit of luck. Alternatively have a browse on Twitter yourself.

I assume you're talking about the home leg btw. Away leg you'll have to look on here or Twitter for a spare. No-one will return their ticket to the club as people can make a cash profit off them and there are 5 LPs attached to it. In the unlikely event that anyone allocated a ticket returns it to the club it'll just go to the next ST holders in loyalty point order anyway.

You will definitely be able to get a spare for the home leg via Twitter

Cheers guys! any twitter accounts worth following? I'm gunna be out in London anyway ( St Patricks day).. I will head for N17 for the game regardless.

Hegarz Hegarz

guessing that hotspur tickets works best on match day? when people can no longer go?

There are always a good few on match day but you will get them before also. What I do is keep an eye on people @'ing the handle and message those people before Hotspur tickets retweets it. Worked any time I was stuck in the past.

Not having much luck for Dortmund away tho! The two people I talked to wanted £200, cunts..

Looking for the home leg, but that's a joke for the away one. People pay it I guess!

Cheers for the advice, I will keep checking! Already got the day, and friday off work.. thinking of going to Stoke Newington to in the afternoon..
The Auld Shillelagh then a mini pub crawl about the lane.

I don't mind people who genuinely buy tickets then sell them when they find out later they can't go. I don't even mind a small profit on them - say selling a £36 ticket for £45 or something.

The thing that bugs me is that there are season ticket holders out there, not just JCL types but actual proper Spurs fans who have been at least a Bronze member for the best part of 10 years* who will apply for and purchase away tickets purely to turn a profit on them. That's scummy.

*based on the season ticket waiting list being 8+ years long; to be a season ticket holder today you need to have either been a ST holder or on the Bronze list since before 2008. That's before taking into account the loyalty point requirement.

By the way: I don't think that many people know that there is a common past: Benno Elkan, sculptor.

wikipedia:
  • Fighting Cock life size in silver gilt commissioned by Woolwich Football Club and presented to Tottenham Hotspur FC in 1950 as a gesture of friendship, for allowing them to use their ground during World War 2. A photograph of Benno Elkan with the statue appeared in the Tottenham Hotspur Matchday Programme on Sunday March 16, 2014.
Benno Elkan was a jew from Dortmund, who was a founding member of the eldest Dortmund footballclub ( 1895 ) and later on founding member of Bayern Munich. ( Even at that times Dortmund was helpfully to Bayern Munich ).

Tottenham-Skulptur im Orchesterzentrum NRW

1950: Tottenham praktiziert sportlichen Brückenschlag

Nice links, thanks for the info.

FFIW here is the google translate (not a great translation but you should get the gist):

Visitors to the orchestra Center NRW Brueckstrasse be greeted by a large, fierce-looking rooster sculpture that "wakes up" in a display case standing on the cultural site.

This is the free reproduction of the legendary "Fighting Cockerel" the Dortmunder sculptor Benno Elkan by Holzwickeder artist Elke bush. Their work was initiated last year by the foreign company Interculturale Academie occasion of Elkan-evening at the Museum of Art and Cultural History. Today, the Cockerel where Benno Elkan 1877 saw the light of day, his country found.

The thought lost "real" fighting cock, holding a football in his grasp, was created in 1949-50 by Elkan exile in London and is the symbol and emblem of the English club Tottenham Hotspur is, who is now under the Europa League opponents of BVB.

Elkan has the "Fighting Cockerel" modeled on behalf of Woolwich London President Sir Bracewell Smith. The life-size silver Hahn from the hand of the Jewish emigrant gave Woolwich the "Jew club" Tottenham Hotspur in March 1950 during a championship game in gratitude that the "Spurs" train the "Gunners" on its premises and play in their stadium did after the German air force had destroyed 1941/42 with their firebombs sports facilities Woolwich at Highbury. At the same time it was an act of de-escalation, as both clubs are from north London. Between them there was a fierce supporter feud since 1919th So the Elkansche work presents in a broader sense a "Gamecock reconciliation" represents.

The Jewish family Elkan moved in the 1870s to Dortmund and lived Brueckstrasse.

Salomon, the father, was a master tailor and co-owner of "Mr. Kleidermacher Business Brown and Elkan" in Reinoldistraße. The passionate chess player, was co-founder, motor and president of the Dortmund Chess Association in 1875 and is the most important known chess pioneer Dortmund.

The son Benno, born in 1877, developed in the 20th century one of the most important artists from Dortmund. He studied at the art academies in Munich and Karlsruhe, at times also in Paris and Rome and settled in 1911 with his family first in Alsbach on the mountain road and later in Frankfurt.

Benno Elkan was an important sculptor, sculptors, sculptor and medalist, whose early works can be admired in Dortmund on the Eastern Cemetery and the Museum Ostwall. In the Nazi era, he was barred from conducting business and emigrated in 1934 to London. There in the 1950s was his most important work, the "Great Menorah", an almost five meters high seven-branched chandelier, is before the Israeli parliament, the Knesset in Jerusalem since 1958th

During his language study in a Swiss boarding the 17-year-old Benno learned of the sons of the English upper class matches. After his return 1895 he founded with friends the first Dortmund football club, the DFC 1895 later DSC 1895 and today TSC Eintracht 48/95. On February 27 of 1900 he was one of the founders of the 1. FC Bayern München in his Munich student days.

Photo: Benno Elkan with Hahn in 1950. The photo was published in March 2014 in the team of stapling Spurs for the game against Woolwich.

Hello,

I can buy one ticket with my Bronze membership.. long punt.. does anyone with similar membership and not going wish to let me assign another ticket to them? So I can take a friend with me.

Is this acceptable behaviour :chadliwtf:

Back
Top Bottom