europa draw

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Bordeaux, Lyon, Hanover,Benfica, Genky all good for me

Tricky 'pass' required from the mrs for the home game.

Probably be easier to sell a 'romantic' trip to a vibrant european city if we were away first.( she has fallen for this in the past)

apparently one of these...

Viktoria Plzen (Czech Republic);
Fenerbahçe (Turkey);
Girondins Bordeaux (France);
Steaua Bucuresti (Romania);
Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk (Ukraine);
Racing Genk (Belgium);
Rubin Kazan (Russia);
Olympique Lyon (France);
Metalist Kharkiv (Ukraine);
Hannover 96 (Germany);
CFR Cluj (Romania);
Olympiakos Piraeus (Greece);
Benfica (Portugal).

Thankfully the away game isn't Valentines day. Should be able to get away for one of those. As I missed all of the Group Stage aways for various work / personal reasons I am desperate to do one away.

My hunch is Olympiakos.

seeded team is HOME for the 2nd leg.
the thinking is there is some advantage to this.

we are AWAY for the 2nd leg. we are NOT seeded. UEFA rules.

apparently one of these...

Viktoria Plzen (Czech Republic);
Fenerbahçe (Turkey);
Girondins Bordeaux (France);
Steaua Bucuresti (Romania);
Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk (Ukraine);
Racing Genk (Belgium);
Rubin Kazan (Russia);
Olympique Lyon (France);
Metalist Kharkiv (Ukraine);
Hannover 96 (Germany);
CFR Cluj (Romania);
Olympiakos Piraeus (Greece);
Benfica (Portugal).

I reckon a trip to Fenerbahce could be touch I reckon, as could Kazan. Still reckon we should get through.

Only an couple of hours away from Levante myself, so a Last 16 tie against them would do nicely!

I'd like a trip to Hannover although realistically it would be good to get plzen or Kazan or someone, little bit 'easier' than Hannover

I'd like a trip to Hannover although realistically it would be good to get plzen or Kazan or someone, little bit 'easier' than Hannover
Rubin Kazan, who have a reputation as being "Giant Killers," and who are located in central Russia? That ain't so easy.

Check your head son, I'd much rather take Hannover. There isn't much glory in going to Central Russia.

Back
Top Bottom