europa draw

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

AVB is right, by the by; how can a competition be taken seriously when teams who fail in the CL get a reprieve in the EL but those who succeed in the EL don't get a shot at the CL?

Rewarding failure? I'm sure only Woolwich's contract guru's do that.

So we can't draw Lazio, Chelsea, Newcastle or Liverpool?

We can't draw Lazio, other English teams, unseeded CL drop-outs and teams who finished 2nd in their respective groups (good thing looking at the standings!)

So except for Lazio, Chelsea, and Liverpool it can be one of

- Cluj
- Steaua Bucureşti
- Olympiacos
- Benfica
- Viktoria Plzeň
- Fenerbahçe
- Bordeaux
- Lyon
- Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
- Metalist Kharkiv
- Genk
- Rubin Kazan
- Hannover

I'd like a trip to Hannover although realistically it would be good to get plzen or Kazan or someone, little bit 'easier' than Hannover
Rubin Kazan, who have a reputation as being "Giant Killers," and who are located in central Russia? That ain't so easy.

Check your head son, I'd much rather take Hannover. There isn't much glory in going to Central Russia.

Guys, I'm Czech (well, half Czech), and I'm telling you, you definately want Plzeň
pilsner1024.jpg
:bae:

AVB said:
"Lyon is a tremendous tie for us in the sense that it gives this country, along with the Liverpool game, the chance to see wonderful Europa League fixtures being played," Villas-Boas told reporters.
"Zenit-Liverpool and Tottenham-Lyon should both be considered like Champions League fixtures so I think this is something important for the competition, for how it's seen in this country.
"The fact that we play Lyon, who are used to being in the Champions League and used to winning trophies, it's an important reference for us.
"If we want to set our targets for Champions League qualification, this is the kind of team we will face, teams with a winning mentality, full of quality players.
"In that sense I think it's excellent for the publicity of the competition in this country."

Back
Top Bottom