Eric Dier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I hate this “woe is me” attitude when a starter becomes a bench player.

You are basically devaluing the role of a bench player and insulting all of your teammates that aren’t starters.

It happens in the NBA a lot and I’m not sure how these players get away with it in the locker room.

Couple that with the fact that the other bench players usually make less money than the guy complaining.

On a similar note, the supporters need to show support for bench players as well. A guy like PEH seems too scared to accept applause from the supporters after matches. It’s not like he’s MOTM but He’s still an important part of the team and people need to value the subs. The only players that don’t deserve support are the ones pouting.
Happy Come On GIF by Tennis TV

I hate this “woe is me” attitude when a starter becomes a bench player.

You are basically devaluing the role of a bench player and insulting all of your teammates that aren’t starters.

It happens in the NBA a lot and I’m not sure how these players get away with it in the locker room.

Couple that with the fact that the other bench players usually make less money than the guy complaining.

On a similar note, the supporters need to show support for bench players as well. A guy like PEH seems too scared to accept applause from the supporters after matches. It’s not like he’s MOTM but He’s still an important part of the team and people need to value the subs. The only players that don’t deserve support are the ones pouting.
In fairness to Dier - there bench players who come to play important minutes as subs and there are other bench players who are surplus to requirements and get zero minutes on the pitch - Hopefully Ange would play Phillips over Dier as a third CB and has told Dier this.

Hmmm, now I have never minded Dier, but he is being a dick here. He could have pushed to leave in the summer but instead wanted to stay and see out his contract. Dont come into training with that attitude, we dont need it rubbing off on the rest of the squad.
Using the 'heartbroken' emoji on a player that's collecting 80k a week to sit in the stands because he chose to stay despite being able to play elsewhere.

couldn't make it up.

Hmmm, now I have never minded Dier, but he is being a dick here. He could have pushed to leave in the summer but instead wanted to stay and see out his contract. Dont come into training with that attitude, we dont need it rubbing off on the rest of the squad.
He's not even near the squad, he's having a bit of a self depricating joke with a camera man.

The dick move is this ending up on the internet.

Back
Top Bottom